SP Reventon ESC Garbage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SP Reventon ESC Garbage

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

You just tell me how ya turn it on!! Tell me the etc part of it. Neutral, full throttle and Braking!! Just covering all your bases!!
Old 09-18-2016, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geezatec
You just tell me how ya turn it on!! Tell me the etc part of it. Neutral, full throttle and Braking!! Just covering all your bases!!
What?

Ensure the ESC is switched off. Turn on the transmitter.

Use a pen or screwdriver to press and hold the “SET” button and then switch on the ESC. Release the “SET” key when the red LED begins to flash.

Set the 3 points as follows;
a) Neutral point
b) Full throttle
c) Full brake
When the calibration process is completed, the motor can be started after 3 seconds
Old 09-18-2016, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

I know that! As for the motor to start after 3 seconds, I don't think so. LED on ESC should blink a different color to confirm the setting of neutral, full throttle, and braking,
Old 09-19-2016, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

The Reventon S just won't calibrate. I am sure there is a defective board despite having not released the 'magic' smoke.

I bought a new HW Xerun XR10 Justock after work, installed it after dinner and my sedan is back up and running.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Sounds like you rolled the dice on a good deal and it just didn't pan out. At least it wasn't a lot of money to walk away from. I had a R model that worked great but i hated that the blinky profile not having reverse available for practice at least.

Can't beat the xr10 for the money - seems smoother and I think has stronger brakes.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sacmiata
Sounds like you rolled the dice on a good deal and it just didn't pan out. At least it wasn't a lot of money to walk away from. I had a R model that worked great but i hated that the blinky profile not having reverse available for practice at least.

Can't beat the xr10 for the money - seems smoother and I think has stronger brakes.

Blew the $ on the S for sure and lesson learned. I think SP stands for "Suspect Products" and will avoid them in the future. The HW speed controls I've had have all been perfect. This new XR10 Justock looks like a winner.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Guess your friend in your club no better than EBay!!!! It Brand new!
Old 09-20-2016, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

what is your radio? Had problems calibrating before because i forgot to turn off SSR mode in my Sanwa radio. Also, if your transmitter has it, check the throttle function, some, especially older ones won't calibrate at 70/30. If you have that setting, put it at 50/50. Solved some problematic ESCs also for me.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Yes you technically bought a new ESC, but you bought it from a 2nd party and likely paid far less than the $60 they sell for new, straight from SP. NIB or not, you bought a second hand esc. What do you really expect SP to do for you? EVERY brand on the planet has faulty items. To blame or complain about SP because you purchased yours "second hand" and therefor can't/won't help you is well...lame