Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Servo locks full right

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 06:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Angry Servo locks full right

I have a team associated XP2G Transmitter, TRS403SSi receiver, XP DS1903 servo and XPSC200 ESC. In a tamiya grasshopper everything worked great then the servo started full locking to the right once in a while usually when the car battery was low. Now it does it all the time and nothing I do does anything. I tried a different servo nothing. Any Help
Old 03-10-2016, 09:31 AM
Suspended

That is a cheap radio with very few features. Usually when a servo locks like that it is because the travel is set too far and the servo horn is too short. A longer servo horn with the travel turned down will fix the problem. Only thing is, that radio doesn't have travel adjustment. It has a steering dual rate knob, which will adjust the travel, but it will also adjust the dual rate. You probably bumped the dual rate knob so now the servo turns too far. It's surprising the number of people that use cheap electronics and wonder why they have weird problems. You get what you pay for.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:13 PM
Tech Rookie

I tried a longer servo horn with the travel turned down and it did not work. Like I posted nothing I have done solve the problem. I have emailed Team Associated once they reply I will post the fix so all Rookie Techs know the fix
Old 03-10-2016, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Mostly just guessing, but things to check:

Steering trim not turned to one side inadvertently? Normally should be close to center.

Servo plugged into receiver correctly?

Be careful, but try switching the ESC and steering plugs at the receiver. If it works then, and the ESC doesn't, it might be a transmitter issue. Various problems with the steering pot (potentiometer) is a not unheard of issue.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Everything is plugged in correctly. I did switch ESC and steering on the receiver when I turn it on the ESC runs in reverse. I know anything electronic can be bad whether its the best money can buy or the cheapest So its a new transmitter on the way Transmitter was my first thought when it started