Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sanny632
tekin rs
tekin rs pro
kyosho
traxxas xl5
traxxas latrax
mamba

the weird thing is it’s not consistent. I called horizon yesterday they said send in for a new throttle no idea on cost out of the potentiometer was going it would fix every time I recalibrate the radio end point in settings

if I go Into setting and recalibrate the end setting in the radio it’s fine

starting to think a factory resort before I mail it in
I know it will be a pain to factory reset and input your models again, but from my experience setting up just two of my cars so far in the DX6 that I missed so many things with each car that I ended up re-tweaking each model about 10 times before I got everything right. Its because of the new format and being locked into old ways of programming. You will get it figured out and if its the throttle mechanism on the radio Spectrum will make it right. Good luck again, Ed
Old 02-26-2020, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 126 (98%+)

What size sd card is needed for this radio?
Old 02-27-2020, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toepush
What size sd card is needed for this radio?
Micro SD cards fit fine. If you are talking about memory capacity, i don't think it matters. I've had 8g, all the way up to 32g micro cards in mine.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Spektrum DX6R Lanyard Bracket

If anyone has been wanting a Lanyard for their DX6R I had a friend help me come up with one. And we came up with an excellent one. It functions really well with its 2 locked in positions. The one position is nice when carrying from the pit to the track and the other position lettin your hands dry up waiting for that Under 5 seconds go on the tone
And also adds additional protection !!

We made a few extras $35.00 Shipped US only.
If you want one let me know. Get one before there gone.

Check the Spektrum DX6R Lanyard Bracket for more photos.

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Nick, any idea when we will be able to use CC Mamba X telemetry with this radio?? The new flagship RX has the x-bus ports for using telemetry so I am hoping you guys aren't going to just limit it to Spektrum Smart ESC's.... That would be a huge bummer.....
Dartagnan_007 likes this.
Old 03-05-2020, 04:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Discontinued?

Towerhobby has the DX6R listed as discontinued. Is this confirmed?
Old 03-05-2020, 05:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Upgrading

I’m returning to RC and I’m not familiar with how far (or not) the RTR radios like the DX2E I got with my Kraton 8s has progressed vs the top end like the 6. What differences does one see upgrading from the DX2E active with the Bluetooth module(not bought one) and spektrum dashboard on a phone vs DX6R besides the obvious one of multiple model memory?

Better frame times in that they noticeable less lag? Better range? Better ergonomics?
Old 03-06-2020, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nemesis3
Towerhobby has the DX6R listed as discontinued. Is this confirmed?
Were you looking at the Tx only version by any chance? I believe they stopped selling that SKU about 6 months ago, IIRC. I just took a look at Tower’s site, and the Tx/Rx version doesn’t show as discontinued to me.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nemesis3
I’m returning to RC and I’m not familiar with how far (or not) the RTR radios like the DX2E I got with my Kraton 8s has progressed vs the top end like the 6. What differences does one see upgrading from the DX2E active with the Bluetooth module(not bought one) and spektrum dashboard on a phone vs DX6R besides the obvious one of multiple model memory?

Better frame times in that they noticeable less lag? Better range? Better ergonomics?
I believe I remember Mark Santa Maria mention in one of his videos that you can only tie the Telemetry features to one model at a time with the DX2E (Traxxas’ iQ radios with BT manage that much better, according to him)? You shouldn’t have that limitation on the 6R... The new SMART enabled 5c should also be good. I think Netcruzer RC personally recommended that radio over the 2E If you want SMART telemetry for multiple models (with a SMART receiver) hassle-free.

Keep in mind that the DX6R should also work with the pre-SMART era Telemetry DMSR receivers as well.

Nick? You still around?

Last edited by TurnNBurn; 03-13-2020 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
Were you looking at the Tx only version by any chance? I believe they stopped selling that SKU about 6 months ago, IIRC. I just took a look at Tower’s site, and the Tx/Rx version doesn’t show as discontinued to me.
I believe it was just the way I was looking at their search page layout and the discontinued listing for the TX only version and a discontinued RX looking like it lined up with the two different TX purchase options.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Telemetry

I am interested in telemetry data (will also be using GPS and temp gun.) I believe individual battery voltages, RPM, speed, receiver voltage, temperature (battery? Esc? Motor?), signal strength/RF quality, smart esc data, smart battery info are possible?

Along with:

Gforce, ESC generated, and current monitor listed for only the DX5R but not 6R on Spektrum’s comparison PDF. Is this accurate?

I read on another forum a few weeks ago that even with the new beta firmware the telemetry data for the 6 was wonky, is it still?
Old 03-06-2020, 04:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
I believe I remember Mark Sabra Maria mention in one of his videos that you can only tie the Telemetry features to one model at a time with the DX2E (Traxxas’ iQ radios with BT manage that much better, according to him)? You shouldn’t have that limitation on the 6R... The new SMART enabled 5c should also be good. I think Netcruzer RC personally recommended that radio over the 2E If you want SMART telemetry for multiple models (with a SMART receiver) hassle-free.

Keep in mind that the DX6R should also work with the pre-SMART era Telemetry DMSR receivers as well.

Nick? You still around?
Aye, I had assumed the 2E was for all practical intent a one model only TX and was asking for strengths outside multiple models which is to me an obvious strength for any of the higher end models. Is for example the range also better?
Old 03-07-2020, 05:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default MicroSD Card

What is the max MicroSD card and max speed the DX6R can utilize? I think I have seen mentioned up to 32GB is this correct? Can the radio utilize the card outside saving of models?
Old 03-07-2020, 05:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Run times

With the latest firmware what kind of run times per charge are you seeing with the 6R if you stay in raceware the whole time? If 4000mah the maximum battery size available?
Old 03-10-2020, 06:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Shipping Version

What version of Raceware is current DX6Rs shipping with?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.