Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree160Likes

Maclan Racing Products Discussion

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-30-2018, 09:59 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Maclan Racing Products Discussion
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Cain
Updates here

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Baja-Boy
We are super excited to have a driver like Jared Tebo

We are working very very very hard to bring the 1/8 esc online, many iterations and samples to make sure it is as good as our 1/10 escs. I have personally ran it and it is in final stages to become a product for all to buy.

The iPhone app will come with our Bluetooth adapter, as the iOS environment does not allow the same usb connectivity of android OS.

2019 should be an awesome year and expect some jaw dropping products!
Great to hear that. Been waiting for 1/8 esc from Maclan for quite some time. Any idea when it will be released? Any teaser pics?

Old 02-01-2019, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

I have a MRR V2 17.5 which is very noisy (vibration rattle) when running. What's the problem likely to be? Unbalanced rotor? Shimming?
It's still a decent motor but has never seemed to have quite as much power as the competition.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LzREngineering
I have a MRR V2 17.5 which is very noisy (vibration rattle) when running. What's the problem likely to be? Unbalanced rotor? Shimming?
It's still a decent motor but has never seemed to have quite as much power as the competition.
Lots of variable there.... might want to send it back to be looked at.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Lots of variable there.... might want to send it back to be looked at.
Well it's not that bad, and it has had almost a solid year of use, so not sure it would really class as 'faulty'. Just wondering if it's worth replacing the rotor or waiting a bit and getting a new motor?
Old 02-01-2019, 11:00 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Well it's not that bad, and it has had almost a solid year of use, so not sure it would really class as 'faulty'. Just wondering if it's worth replacing the rotor or waiting a bit and getting a new motor?
You could send it to maclan and see if they can diagnose the problem I am thinking as well.

Be curious if you have a blown bearing too
Old 02-05-2019, 04:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Reedy Race 2019 Setup for the Maclan MMax Pro from Jared Tebo (Reedy Race Winner 2019)
2WD

4WD

Old 02-05-2019, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

If its a year old, a year of solid use. Yeah, at least a new rotor. Check bearings as well. A new rotor every few months can make you feel like you have a new motor, at a much lower cost.
LzREngineering likes this.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default Lipos v2

What are the opinions on maclan v2 lipos? Are they rrally good? No puffing?
Old 02-11-2019, 04:20 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by erc55
What are the opinions on maclan v2 lipos? Are they rrally good? No puffing?
They work well. I had the 6000mah 2S 7.6V version and liked its performance.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thoughts on the Pro model ESC? Looking at switching from Orion R10.1 Pros. Think it's worth the switch?
Old 02-15-2019, 12:28 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by NWracer77
Thoughts on the Pro model ESC? Looking at switching from Orion R10.1 Pros. Think it's worth the switch?
I found the ESC worked well for racing purposes when I was using them.

If you are someone who is used to at least how hobbywing does there reverse profile (we basically leave reverse on, just don't use it often for club racing), you may find that getting used to the feel of reverse turned on could be different. Its like its more proportional than like how hobbywing does it, and assuming orion too from what I recall when I drove some orion equipped vehicles..

Also, we noticed some odd "drops" in signal response at the time when reverse was turned on. Like coming down the straight, you jam on the brakes and then go into throttle it would sometimes act like it lost connection. None of this happened though when in full forward - brake mode and it all could be nothing now with newer software updates I am assuming that came out from when I last ran the ESCs. It also ran Savox servos like a champ if you have concerns about the BEC and how Savox can really tax them along with 2 30mm fans blowing, running off of the receiver port and the fan slot.

Also, the ESC comes with a pretty powerful fan, like a WTF fan or whatever they are called.

Old 02-17-2019, 03:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Pico Repair or Trade In?

So I plugged in my battery backwards over the weekend while the esc was switched off, saw a little smoke and knew I messed up. It still powers on and light signals work as normal, just not power to the motor. Does anyone know the best method to get it fixed? Do I fill out the repair request or use the trade in program? I'm a little confused because it says repair is available on the pro but doesn't specifically state if it's available for the Pico .
Old 02-17-2019, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bman7649
So I plugged in my battery backwards over the weekend while the esc was switched off, saw a little smoke and knew I messed up. It still powers on and light signals work as normal, just not power to the motor. Does anyone know the best method to get it fixed? Do I fill out the repair request or use the trade in program? I'm a little confused because it says repair is available on the pro but doesn't specifically state if it's available for the Pico .
is it under warranty or not? Either way, fill out the form and submit it so Maclan can email you an RMA number that you will attach to your return. Very easy. They will contact you regarding repairs and cost. Since it was a reverse polarity situation, warranty is voided BTW.
Cain and Bman7649 like this.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:22 PM
Tech Legend

maybe some batteries could be made that "oneway" battery tubes where you can only plug in the right battery plug into it versus the dual smooth tubes.
Bman7649 likes this.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
I found the ESC worked well for racing purposes when I was using them.

If you are someone who is used to at least how hobbywing does there reverse profile (we basically leave reverse on, just don't use it often for club racing), you may find that getting used to the feel of reverse turned on could be different. Its like its more proportional than like how hobbywing does it, and assuming orion too from what I recall when I drove some orion equipped vehicles..

Also, we noticed some odd "drops" in signal response at the time when reverse was turned on. Like coming down the straight, you jam on the brakes and then go into throttle it would sometimes act like it lost connection. None of this happened though when in full forward - brake mode and it all could be nothing now with newer software updates I am assuming that came out from when I last ran the ESCs. It also ran Savox servos like a champ if you have concerns about the BEC and how Savox can really tax them along with 2 30mm fans blowing, running off of the receiver port and the fan slot.

Also, the ESC comes with a pretty powerful fan, like a WTF fan or whatever they are called.
I'm a racer, I can't remember the last time I used reverse LMAO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.