Wiki Posts
Search

Mamba Monster X release

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by czrlaker
What kind of rx problems are you having? My Monster x seems to have a glitch. I have tried two different tx and rx on this thing. On holloween I rigged it up with a skeleton and lights to scare the kids, it scared the crap out of me. It took off full speed almost hit a kid, and ran into my 1/1 tire. If not for my 1/1 being there who knows where it would have ended up. All meanwhile my Tx was sitting on a table, grabbed it and still couldn't control the throttle. I tried a different rx tx combo today (both systems are spektrum) i was testing it out yesterday and everything was fine. Today I get to the track and as soon as I turn it on it took off. Tx sitting on a bench. I recalibrated the radio system and started running it. After a lap or two the car would keep going forward on it's own (slowly thankfully). The brake worked but as soon as I would let go it would take off again. I adjusted the trimm down and still kept doing the same thing. Turned off the Tx and kept doing it. Eventually it stopped but I am disappointed, gotta call CC see what they will do. Holloween night I was running it Sensorless today sensored so that wouldn't be a reason.

*UPDATE*
I called CC they assured me that it should be a problem with the Rx Tx and that the ESC wouldn't move without receiving a signal. The tech told me to try and rebind the system so I'll try that and report back after some time. At least tech support was quick no wait time. But hope it works.
*Update*
Been almost a month since I last had a problem and now I know it was my tx rx that needed recalibration. No issues with this ESC. Does what it needs to do and fan rarely needs to turn on. The data log fills up quick but other than that very happy.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:16 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

cool. I picked up a few of these, got one in a 4x4 SCT and another to gointo an E-buggy. I may use another in one more vehicle dependingon what I want to do.

I will say the sensor harness thing isn't as annoying as I thought it would be, but, I will say, they should have just have included it in the package.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
cool. I picked up a few of these, got one in a 4x4 SCT and another to gointo an E-buggy. I may use another in one more vehicle dependingon what I want to do.

I will say the sensor harness thing isn't as annoying as I thought it would be, but, I will say, they should have just have included it in the package.
Agreed, should have. The harness makes it even easier for me (just easier to get to) swaping it out between vehicles, as it just stays on the esc when I place it in my sensorless SCTE
Old 12-14-2015, 10:11 AM
Tech Legend

yeah, its definitely easier to get to than the straight up sensor method.

One thing I hope they can revisit, but probably won't would be to make a more advanced programmer card like what Viper, Hobbywing, Reedy, etc offer. a lot more features with an LCD setup than the push card thing.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

yeah, its definitely easier to get to than the straight up sensor method.

One thing I hope they can revisit, but probably won't would be to make a more advanced programmer card like what Viper, Hobbywing, Reedy, etc offer. a lot more features with an LCD setup than the push card thing.
I would love for them to make an application for Android. Android lets you hook up an OTG cable and can connect a usb cable. Tekin has an app and it works fine. So you can't say that it's not possible. So much easier than carrying a computer or a card that only lets you change 4-5 things.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

And now she is dead..... I was going around a horse shoe and the car just stopped, I replaced the battery and still wont work. regardless of battery it wont turn on, not even a flicker of the LEDs. I have a second wiring harness so I was able to test that out, still no luck. I connect it to the castle link and nothing. I used to run a 4s in a buggy now all I run is 2s with a Tekin 4000kv. Customer service answered real quick but now its a waiting game, Anyone else have this issue???
Old 01-15-2016, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

And now she is dead..... I was going around a horse shoe and the car just stopped, I replaced the battery and still wont work. regardless of battery it wont turn on, not even a flicker of the LEDs. I have a second wiring harness so I was able to test that out, still no luck. I connect it to the castle link and nothing. I used to run a 4s in a buggy now all I run is 2s with a Tekin 4000kv. Customer service answered real quick but now its a waiting game, Anyone else have this issue???
×Update×
Sent out the busted esc on Tues. They received it on Frdayi in the morning, they sent it out a replacement that same morning, My esc was at my doorstep Monday afternoon. Suxs that it broke down at all. But happy with Castle Creations support, first time dealing with them.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:26 AM
Tech Legend

yeah it sucks when it happens but its nice to have a company stand behind the product like that.

Race day tomorrow for me, so will see how it goes!
Old 01-15-2016, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

I am running one in an x-maxx on 6s. Love it.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:45 AM
Tech Legend

Ran the Mamba Monster X in 4x4 SCT yesterday, its money. Love this thing!
Old 01-17-2016, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Ran the Mamba Monster X in 4x4 SCT yesterday, its money. Love this thing!
I'm gonna keep an eye on your opinion of this esc. Still have my VTX8 to run in my Tekno, but need to have one on the back burner just in case (with Viper no longer around). Specs look good on this one
Old 01-17-2016, 01:56 PM
Tech Legend

yeah I was very happy with how it performed, don't get me wrong the Viper's Programmer offers a lot, be nice if castle had an LCD programmer but didn't find I needed to really change stuff here.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I run it in my 8ight sensored with Tekin 1900kv. I purchased an extra harness (makes it easier to swap out) so I can use it in my TEN SCTE as well I run 2s and 3s with a 2650kv motor no problem
How does it compare to the Tekin RX8 with that motor? Thanks!
Old 02-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kmax1000
How does it compare to the Tekin RX8 with that motor? Thanks!
I have only ran the RX8 1st gen. I can't tell the difference. This thing is smoooth. CC's customer service has been great so far.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Any upgrade programs right now for an older MM ESC to the X?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.