Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TBLE-02S problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 04:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dave H
Wow that's surprising, I wouldn't expect a problem with a S148. Especially just getting it going, 8mA (0.008A) at idle is far lower than 1.5A. Might be some other issue? I still recommend unplugging the servo as a test.

The note about the BEC is on the product page here:

BEC stands for Battery Eliminator Circuit. As in eliminate the traditional receiver battery of 4.8 to 6V. The circuit, basically a voltage regulator, drops the higher voltage of a typical surface RC main battery pack down to the traditional level safe for all servos and receivers.
I just tried unplugging the servo and see if that made a difference... it didn't. The engine is still beeping and the green light is still flashing

I tried my wife's 104BK with the new car and servo and it all works perfectly. Could it really be a ESC flaw after all?

Or is there a reset function or a setup I'm missing here?

What does Low Voltage Protection Setup mean?

Maybe mine is off? or am I not understanding the meaning of Low Voltage Protection? Sorry I feel pretty dumb now
Old 07-12-2015, 04:48 AM
Tech Champion

Low Voltage Protection is for lipo battery packs. Lipos are damaged if discharged too far, so protection features have been added for them. If you are using nimh packs definitely turn that setting off.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dave H
Low Voltage Protection is for lipo battery packs. Lipos are damaged if discharged too far, so protection features have been added for them. If you are using nimh packs definitely turn that setting off.
Do you think by turning that off, it could pass through enough juice to power the receiver? Or is that just another feature that actually doesn't solve my problem?
Old 07-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

It won't provide more power, but it will eliminate the possibility of that setting causing a shutdown. Again, only if using nimh (or nicad) battery pack, if using a lipo have it turned on to protect the lipo from over discharge damage. The receiver by itself, servo disconnected, should use a very small amount of power.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:00 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kongluc
All.....you......need.....is.......a....bec.....it ......will....fix......your......problem......the. .....esc.......doesn't.......have......enough..... ..power......to......operate.......the......servo. ......dont.......trust......me.....i......dont.... ..have......one.......that......has......been..... .working.........for........over.......a......year
Sorry guys at the time i posted that i was pretty upset bc some of the attitudes you get from people on here...at least to me...that particular speed controller..i do not own but i did ask a loooot of questions about it...thats the brushless one right?....with tamiya you do need to know that there is no warranty on them at least thats what i was told ...you can buy them in the states supposedly hard to find..and they dont have the correct power for servos...i think my thread on that particular problem is on rccrawler....under cc01 same user i.d. i dont change my name...

Also that particular esc comes with the cc01 and other kits now...the rep told me they only sell their electronics in japan...or wherever there based

The one that i do have is brushed...and all it needed was breaking the motor in correctly and a bec...i use the one from castle...best quality brushed system I've come across...

again sorry guys
Old 07-13-2015, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Firebender- Sounds like you got a defective TBLE02-S.

Appears your BEC is not working properly in your case. I run several TBLE02-S in my cars and when the receiver is not binded to my transmitter (transmitter turned off), ESC beeps.

In your case your receiver is not turning on due to no power via BEC, causing the beeps?
Old 07-13-2015, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

BTW, the low voltage cutoff is imho too low to run Lipo's on the TBLE02-S.

I use a separate LVC (alarm). For my driving, I found that my car can run two 10min spirited runs (4200mAh) ending at 3.83-3.85v per cell which is a good voltage for storage; so I set the count down timer on my radio to beep giving me a heads up at 10min.

I set the LVC alarm at 3.7v just in case I forget to start the count down timer. When the battery drops below 3.7v, the audible alarm sounds as backup.

Here's what it looks like, LVC showing 3.84V. I bought this at Amazon for like $5? I use velcro on the back of the unit and strap it onto the battery wires or wherever convenient on the chassis.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sakadachi
BTW, the low voltage cutoff is imho too low to run Lipo's on the TBLE02-S.

I use a separate LVC (alarm). For my driving, I found that my car can run two 10min spirited runs (4200mAh) ending at 3.83-3.85v per cell which is a good voltage for storage; so I set the count down timer on my radio to beep giving me a heads up at 10min.

I set the LVC alarm at 3.7v just in case I forget to start the count down timer. When the battery drops below 3.7v, the audible alarm sounds as backup.

Here's what it looks like, LVC showing 3.84V. I bought this at Amazon for like $5? I use velcro on the back of the unit and strap it onto the battery wires or wherever convenient on the chassis.
You are right I think my ESC is defective and has been from the beginning. It was a mistake in the Grasshopper box, maybe someone swapped it before shipping with a defective one and that's why I was having such a headache with it.

I've cannibalised my Grasshopper that I've since upgraded with a TEU-105BK ESC and put it in my Neo Fighter Buggy, now it's all working as it should. I'll get a cheap 101BK off of eBay for the Grasshopper which I'm not using much as it was just bought for nostalgic reasons.

Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it Have a wonderful summer
Old 07-14-2015, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Firebender
You are right I think my ESC is defective and has been from the beginning. It was a mistake in the Grasshopper box, maybe someone swapped it before shipping with a defective one and that's why I was having such a headache with it.

I've cannibalised my Grasshopper that I've since upgraded with a TEU-105BK ESC and put it in my Neo Fighter Buggy, now it's all working as it should. I'll get a cheap 101BK off of eBay for the Grasshopper which I'm not using much as it was just bought for nostalgic reasons.

Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it Have a wonderful summer
No problem and great to hear you got your Neo Fighter working!
Have fun with your new car.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sakadachi
No problem and great to hear you got your Neo Fighter working!
Have fun with your new car.
I did a bit of a different design of it, it's complete now. I'd show you but I cannot post links here yet, so I don't know how to upload an image :/

But thank you once more for the help
Old 06-23-2018, 06:59 AM
Tech Rookie

I know the thread is old, but I had a similar experience with the TBLE-02s and I'd like to say how I coped with it.
The ESC was on my MF-01X, which - though 15 months old - hasn't much use.
Suddenly, while playing (a newly installed motor fan may have something to do with it) it started behaving like Depth Charge's: Nothing was working, the TBLE-02s was blinking and - when the motor was connected - beeping also.
This regularly means the ESC gets no signal: The receiver had no light, and after checking I found that the ESC was sending only 1V to the Rx. Also, a component on the ESC was blackened like burnt.
I decided that the BEC parts of the TBLE were gone, but I was reluctant to declare the whole ESC dead yet - the brushless sensored capability is something I want to check in the future.
So, I decided on fixing this somehow.
I got a $3 Hobbywing 3A UBEC which seemed the obvious choice.
Upon installing, I found that it didn't work well with the Tactic TTX300's receiver (TR325).
So, I tried with another TX&Rx (the Quanum pistol from HK).
Also, against common sence (and the UBEC manual and forum advices), the TBLE does not cooperate when the middle (red) cable is disconnected - but if it is connected, along with the UBEC, everything goes fine!

TL;DR : don't throw it away, experiment with a cheap BEC first.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Just noticed this old thread myself, and yes BEC error, we have just started to run the TT-01E trucks and was originally to be box stock electrics (Which means TBLE02 ESC) but out of 10-12 regulars we have had 4 esc failures, so now most have gone to the Hobbywing Quicrun brushed for reliability.