Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Trinity SS DQ'd from JC Stock Nationals? >

Trinity SS DQ'd from JC Stock Nationals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity SS DQ'd from JC Stock Nationals?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Actually, many Amateur MX classes of all cc's are based on skill
C, B, & A. A group are essentially Pro, but in some cases not old enough to move up
Mini classes can be ranked by both age & skill
Slightly off topic though

Thanks Randy P. For the lesson
Crap that is right...we r still on minis (65s and 85s) and skill level is usually not an option.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
Here's an idea to prevent the inevitable "over lapping" at big races when offering "talent" classes. Everyone runs the same qualifiers, do resorts as usual. Then, come main time, divide everyone into thirds. Top 33% are Expert, middle 33% are Sportsman, and bottom 33% are Novice. You qualify into one of those classes then set the mains directly from those qualifiers. Your buddy who you beat by one spot may be TQ in Sportsman but be happy you out qualified him and made Expert. Just a thought.
+1

Awesome idea!
Old 05-01-2015, 09:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Here's an idea to prevent the inevitable "over lapping" at big races when offering "talent" classes. Everyone runs the same qualifiers, do resorts as usual. Then, come main time, divide everyone into thirds. Top 33% are Expert, middle 33% are Sportsman, and bottom 33% are Novice. You qualify into one of those classes then set the mains directly from those qualifiers. Your buddy who you beat by one spot may be TQ in Sportsman but be happy you out qualified him and made Expert. Just a thought.
seems legit. I would be down for that
Old 05-01-2015, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
still won't prevent those intent on sandbagging from tanking the quals...
Old 05-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
+1

Also use bracket racing rules. If you are sandbagging and turn better times you are DQ.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
still won't prevent those intent on sandbagging from tanking the quals...
In a "big" race it would be difficult to sandbag to a certain time. One second could cost you quite a few spots on the grid. But, if someone wanted to try, that's on them...and their parents that didn't raise them right...and probably the type that would loot to protest...and probably try to cheat the system by running a stator that's .01mm too short.

Last edited by CHIZZLE; 05-02-2015 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:23 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Chance. Where would Kyle D fall into this. He breaks all the time in the quals, lol
Old 05-02-2015, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

In a "big" race it would be difficult to sandbag to a certain time. One second could cost you quite a few spots on the grid. But, if someone wanted to try, that's on them...and their parents that didn't raise them right...and probably the type that would loot to protest...and probably try to cheat the system by running a stator that's .01mm too short.
exactly. it's the same problem when experts enter sportsman and sportsmen enter novice.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mudcat981
I contacted ROAR on this issue about the DQ on minimum and here is their response:

I checked with the ROAR Electric Chairman and he notes the following:

This was not a roar sanctioned race. It's a series put on my JConcepts. The motor tech was being done by a competing manufacture (Murffdog motors) and he has a vendetta for trinity.......... It's the 2nd time he's done something like this.

They should learn their lesson using him last time but apparently not.

The ROAR Race Management crew uses common sense in measuring motors in the field knowing that without high end equipment you can't measure to the .01 accurately.

ROAR should not have problems like this.

Fred Hohwart
ROAR Administrator
[email protected]
This was more my main concern could care less about the whole .1/.01 thing (again this has already been beaten to death the fact that it can't be measured accurately), more that there is a conflict of interest here and a track owner condoning it. Why would anyone think it was alright for this guy to tech motors for a big event like this when he has already has a track record of going after said manufacturer? This wasn't in the best interest of all the racers imo and for an event that takes so much time and planning as it is and why wasn't this a consideration? I read that they wanted someone else to tech the motors originally but he didn't want to, but to use Murf was a bad call and poor management/or they are in bed together for other purposes...Management is everything in the end and you are absolutely not gonna please everyone so you have to mitigate what you can and just keep moving forward which isn't what happened here.

Personally after reading this whole thread I don't think I would race a big event at OCRC without having knowledge prior to the race of what rules they were going to be using and who was going to be doing the tech services. I get that motor manufacturers are more suited to this job, I mean it makes sense and you could always say that there is a conflict of interest no matter who you use if that's the case but if there's a track record then imo it should be used to determine whether or not to continue using that same tech period. Maybe rotating manufacturers to do this thankless job could be an answer who knows
Old 08-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LiL CeeZ
This was more my main concern could care less about the whole .1/.01 thing (again this has already been beaten to death the fact that it can't be measured accurately), more that there is a conflict of interest here and a track owner condoning it. Why would anyone think it was alright for this guy to tech motors for a big event like this when he has already has a track record of going after said manufacturer? This wasn't in the best interest of all the racers imo and for an event that takes so much time and planning as it is and why wasn't this a consideration? I read that they wanted someone else to tech the motors originally but he didn't want to, but to use Murf was a bad call and poor management/or they are in bed together for other purposes...Management is everything in the end and you are absolutely not gonna please everyone so you have to mitigate what you can and just keep moving forward which isn't what happened here.

Personally after reading this whole thread I don't think I would race a big event at OCRC without having knowledge prior to the race of what rules they were going to be using and who was going to be doing the tech services. I get that motor manufacturers are more suited to this job, I mean it makes sense and you could always say that there is a conflict of interest no matter who you use if that's the case but if there's a track record then imo it should be used to determine whether or not to continue using that same tech period. Maybe rotating manufacturers to do this thankless job could be an answer who knows
The problem isn't ROAR (you never said it was...), the problem falls directly on the tech guy. Matt has a solid record of doing some shiesty things, and unfortunately, regular racers were spat in the face of because of it.

Is it on OCRC? pretty much...do they care? No. They run the best indoor track in the world, with the friendliest most helpful people you'll ever meet, and have the best atmosphere in all of 1/10th scale racing. They put on the smoothest running show, and many are thankful for it.

There's just one caveat, don't run a trinity motor there.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:35 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Do we have word on who is teching at stock nats there year? Can I bring a trinity motor or should I buy a Reedy?