MKS Servo Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 07:14 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

What's the warranty like on MKS?
Old 07-05-2016, 06:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So I got the servo installed and ran it at 7.4 volts. Wow this thing is smooth, quiet, fast, and strong! Not a single hiccup, so far. I think this is my new favorite low pro servo!!

For full size I still prefer the Hitec 9630, but this thing rocks for a low pro! Very happy with my choice. To give you guys some perspective. This thing performs similar to my Spektrum S6270, which is the smoothest and fastest servo I have ever used. Unfortunately the durability is just not there. This MKS servo feels just as smooth and fast, but you can tell it's much more beefy and is way harder to turn by hand than the Spektrum.

So far, I would recommend this servo to anyone.
Old 12-27-2016, 08:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Default MKS servo screw size?

I recently picked up an MKS ds1220 for my savage and have been impressed with the performance so far. But I have stripped out the screw that holds down the servo horn. I cannot find the size of this screw as it isn't a m3 or m2.5.

Does anyone know what screw size MKS uses for their servo horns?
Old 12-30-2016, 06:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Contacted MKS and they said all their servos use either 3mm or 2.5mm screws. So 2.5 it is!
Old 03-19-2017, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

I know I'm digging an old thread but...

I have Spektrum S6270, and I need to confirm lyons238's observation. It is a a super fast servo, but while still being pretty new, it started shaking when steering is in neutral position. It doesn't do it all the time, but I'm pretty sure that it is only matter of time before it will.

So, I'm looking for replacement, and I really like MKS's HBL575SL specs. Is there more people who can share some opinion about this servo? Thanks!
Old 01-02-2018, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default MKS Mini Servo Dead On Arrival

I am the new owner of an MKS DS8910a mini servo ($75) that arrived at my house in the mail completely non functional. Hilariously, it even came with a sticker that says "Passed Inspection" on it.

Now I know, shit happens, so I suspect that I will soon have another post to make regarding their customer service.

Brand new servo goes back in the box, 10 year old JR Z3650 coming out of retirement for at least one more go.

UPDATE:

I received the email and offer from MKS USA to exchange this servo for another model. The mistake here was two parts, the DS8910a does not function with a normal radio, but needs very specific input from a gyro to function, and while this is hinted at in the listed refresh rate it is not explicitly stated, so I ordered the wrong piece.

That being said, I have opted not to use this servo or one like it for a different reason, namely that it is a very large servo for being a "mini servo", and I think that there are better options.

Last edited by DesertRat; 01-24-2018 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

And the purpose of this thread is what exactly?
Old 01-03-2018, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mlax View Post
And the purpose of this thread is what exactly?
Well I thought it may have a small chance of keeping someone else from buying a new servo, assembling their pan car around it, then plugging it in and wondering why it doesn't work. It may also be the beginning of a saga to partially explore the MKS customer service process.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Dont we have a few MKS Drivers here in the US? Perhaps you can hit them up on FB? Maybe they can lend some insight or help.

http://www.mksservosusa.com/

Was that where you got them from?
Old 01-03-2018, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Dont we have a few MKS Drivers here in the US? Perhaps you can hit them up on FB? Maybe they can lend some insight or help.

MKS Servos USA

Was that where you got them from?
That is exactly who I ordered it from, and who I contacted about my issue. I am trying to do this right, and give MKS a chance to rectify this.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Not sure, as I had been looking to switch servo brands too. I know Ryan Maifield runs them, maybe hit him up on FB?

Amain carries them too, so maybe contact them for a contact at MKS Usa?
Old 01-03-2018, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

MKS will come through - the main guy for MKS US is at a show this weekend - he's probably traveling about now for the show which starts Friday.

MKS USA made it's name in airplanes, primarily high dollar contest sailplanes before expanding into cars and helicopters. We flew with Thomas Cooke of MKS USA for many years and I'm sure Thomas will make it right...... please don't drag MKS through the dirt without giving him a chance to respond.

Bruce
Goof and Scott R like this.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Well I thought it may have a small chance of keeping someone else from buying a new servo, assembling their pan car around it, then plugging it in and wondering why it doesn't work. It may also be the beginning of a saga to partially explore the MKS customer service process.
So you buy one servo, it seems it does not work so all servo's of that brand are crap?

With all electronic devices this can happen, even if they are tested in the factory. Travel vibrations, hot/cold and even moisture can make a difference from factory to your home.
Televisions, cars, washing machine etc. That is why there is a warranty. Send it back and ask a new one and be happy with it.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
So you buy one servo, it seems it does not work so all servo's of that brand are crap?

With all electronic devices this can happen, even if they are tested in the factory. Travel vibrations, hot/cold and even moisture can make a difference from factory to your home.
Televisions, cars, washing machine etc. That is why there is a warranty. Send it back and ask a new one and be happy with it.
Well, they're batting 0 for 1 here and in the 3 days since I contacted them about getting some instruction on how best to do this because their website has no warranty info. They have not responded either to my email sent to their sales email account OR to the requests for service sent through the MKS USA website where I bought the servo. The only warranty info I have been able to find online is from their asia site and its a form to print out (it's written in in Chinese with the English parts courtesy of Google Translate) and fill out by hand to include in a box with the servo when you ship it back to Taiwan. I know shit happens, but with each passing day my opinion of my purchase is not getting better.

If vibrations, ambient heat, or cold (hell, that sounds a lot like racing conditions) can result in this thing being DOA in a foam padded box I should count my blessings, at least it didn't fail turning into the sweeper at 50 miles per hour.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

MKS Servos Part 2: The Empire Strikes Hack.

I received an email telling me to turn the pulse rate of my gyro down to 760. The servo is not plugged into a gyro, but an airtronics receiver. I never said that it was plugged into a gyro. They gave me their number so I guess I have to call them.

You bought our servo.
It don't work for shit, see
So here's our number
So call us maybe.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service