Wiki Posts
Search

Abou protek 250t servo

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default Abou protek 250t servo

Hey guys
I am wondering that is it possible to use the protek 250t servo on the car. It is described as helicopter cyclic servo. What is the difference between car and heli servo? Its specs are 0,09s 60deg and 299 oz.in torque @6v
Old 10-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

no one will help me?
Old 10-19-2014, 03:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I too have wondered this for some time. I'm not sure why some servos are listed specifically for helis, cyclic etc., when the stats seem worthy of other uses as well. What I can tell you though is that some servos are specific to helis in that they operate at higher frequencys that require a gyro, if they are fed the frequency from a car receiver they won't even work/operate! The protek 250T is not one of those however. I would say if you can't get a direct answer on here, send a message to A Main about it and see what they say being that that is their exclusive brand. Maybe they can give you more insight. I remember another person a while ago saying that basically it doesn't matter, that the servo has no idea what it is being used for, it just does what it's supposed to!
Old 10-19-2014, 03:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

On a side note, I believe there was someone on the protek servo thread that had mentioned a long while back that they had received that very servo accidently for a replacement to a faulty servo and that it worked quite well!
Old 10-19-2014, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WailinOnYa
On a side note, I believe there was someone on the protek servo thread that had mentioned a long while back that they had received that very servo accidently for a replacement to a faulty servo and that it worked quite well!
thanks for reply. I send a mail to amain to make sure.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Yes it works fine. I ran it at 7.2v with castle bec in my 1/8 buggy, sold that now it's in my stadium truck. Want to say it was on sale for 90 or so. I also has the 130ss that works perfectly too, but they are frequently back ordered.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:57 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for response.