Wiki Posts
Search

Help with motor / esc

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 08:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Help with motor / esc

Recently got back into the hobby with the purchase of a rc12 5.2. I have installed a Trinity D3.5 17.5, Tekin RS Pro Gen 2 esc, and Corally Booster.

The motor spins free when not in contact with the spur, and makes a click when meshed. The gear mesh is good. I have all the wires connected correctly. The sensor wire is installed. And I have the esc set to blinky mode. The motor makes a squealing noise when I pull the trigger slowly or at full position. The noise will go away but comes back when I let off and reapply the throttle. Sometimes when I apply the throttle the motor will make noise and spin back and forth. Let go and reapply and the car will move forward very slowly.

I did disassemble the motor before I installed it. I had to shift the mounting holes to line up with the motor mount, and didn't know I could turn the end without disassembly. I wonder if I put it back together correctly? Timing is set to 0.

All parts are new out of the box and this is my first attempt to drive the car since assembly.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-15-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdraughon
Recently got back into the hobby with the purchase of a rc12 5.2. I have installed a Trinity D3.5 17.5, Tekin RS Pro Gen 2 esc, and Corally Booster.

The motor spins free when not in contact with the spur, and makes a click when meshed. The gear mesh is good. I have all the wires connected correctly. The sensor wire is installed. And I have the esc set to blinky mode. The motor makes a squealing noise when I pull the trigger slowly or at full position. The noise will go away but comes back when I let off and reapply the throttle. Sometimes when I apply the throttle the motor will make noise and spin back and forth. Let go and reapply and the car will move forward very slowly.

I did disassemble the motor before I installed it. I had to shift the mounting holes to line up with the motor mount, and didn't know I could turn the end without disassembly. I wonder if I put it back together correctly? Timing is set to 0.

All parts are new out of the box and this is my first attempt to drive the car since assembly.

Any suggestions?
Sounds like a bad sensor board on the motor to me? Have you tried a different motor? Same result?
Old 12-15-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

No. Don't have another motor to try. I can't get the incr button on the EEC to advance the settings. I wonder if the EEC is defective.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone else have some idea of what is happening?