Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sanwa Super Vortex Zero ESC

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I've got kind of an odd question but does anyone know if the solder posts on the SV-plus zero are pre-tinned?

Because it does look like there is a mound of solder on each one but I'm not sure if I can just tin a wire and fuse it to the post without any extra solder.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Punch

I have been looking and can't find any info on what to adjust on the Super Vortex Zero that is equivalent to a punch setting. I want to play around with punch rates but I'm lost.

Ps. This is not the gen 2. I'm using a mt-s and rx-482.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by taylorsizemore
I have been looking and can't find any info on what to adjust on the Super Vortex Zero that is equivalent to a punch setting. I want to play around with punch rates but I'm lost.

there is no punch setting. only "punch" is powermode, which affects boost and turbo. for punch, play with boost and powermode settings. for throttle feel, there is ability to change it.

waiting to test my Gen2 in 2wd xray..
Old 09-25-2017, 04:13 AM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know if the programming box will work with the SV-plus zero (the dual ESC and RX version)?

All I can find is documentation on it working with the ESC only version of the Super Vortex.

Thank you.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by taylorsizemore

This might be way too late to respond, but I believe "punch" control is Drive Feel frequency. The lower the number, the more aggressive the throttle. Higher numbers give you a smoother feel (for use with Modified).

Same goes for brakes. Higher numbers gives smoother brakes.

For VTA and stock, I use the lowest numbers for brakes and throttle. For higher turn motors and F1, I mash the throttle out of a corner and keep increasing the number until the rear tires don't slide.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xevias
Does anyone know if the programming box will work with the SV-plus zero (the dual ESC and RX version)?

All I can find is documentation on it working with the ESC only version of the Super Vortex.

Thank you.
I understand correctly, it only works with the newer Super Vortex Gen2.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Punch is usually Amp limiter on other brand escs.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xevias

Thank you.
As far as I am aware the program box will not work on the dual ESC/RX unit. I would be really happy if it could though lol
Old 01-06-2018, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default 4wd mod buggy

Hello I’m new to the electric scene. I picked up a new Sanwa sv plus zero combo speedo and want to run it in a 4wd buggy with 6.5 motor. Is this speedo good for that or to much? I will be racing it at club races thx in advance
Old 01-06-2018, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Yes, the ESC will run mod motors no problem.

In 4wd buggy, the size may be an issue.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default nice ESC

Originally Posted by SMcD
Yes, the ESC will run mod motors no problem.

In 4wd buggy, the size may be an issue.
Like SMcD responded it will work just fine but it's a bit big , When I built my B64D I first installed the bigger brother of this ESC inside my car (Sanwa SV-Plus Type-D) but you will need to remove your fan , The Type D is a bit bigger so I was not able to install the fan setup . Now I have installed the SV gen 2 inside my car and it's a much better combo with a separate RX-482 receiver.
Your ESC is nice but does not have any punch control . The type D has this option it is called "Throttle Response" . If it fits please install the fan it's way better overall to have it .
Old 03-08-2018, 02:14 PM
bl4
Tech Addict

I have just purchased a Super Vortex Zero #107A54113A I trying to link my SSL from my MT-44 transmitter which Aux1(Code 10) or Aux2(Code 5) and the instruction manual show 12 programming mode but the Sanwa wedsite show only 8 programming mode. Which is which so confusing. Please advise thank you.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bl4
I have just purchased a Super Vortex Zero #107A54113A I trying to link my SSL from my MT-44 transmitter which Aux1(Code 10) or Aux2(Code 5) and the instruction manual show 12 programming mode but the Sanwa wedsite show only 8 programming mode. Which is which so confusing. Please advise thank you.
I know on the vortex gen 2 pro they esc has 14 programmable options but the first 4 are not adjustable via code 10. Sounds like the same thing with yours
Old 03-11-2018, 08:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bl4
Yes it's indeed a bit confusing but you need to set your aux1 in code mode not code 10 .

you need to be aware that Sanwa limited the choices on what you could change remotely the first 4 settings can not be change via remote , you need to do this by yourself with the complicated menu navigation (led colors etc etc) to change those settings. Please take your time and activate reverse and bump up the temp settings (menu 3 to a higher setting) and activate option 4 if you need boost and timing options.
Aux 1 will give you the first 5 settings  
Full Brake rate , Neutral Brake rate, Drive feel , Neutral Brake feel, Brake feel

and aux 2 will give you settings for boost if you need it
Boost timing (Advanced timing), Turbo , Boost curve

https://www.lrp.cc/fileadmin/product...107a54253a.pdf

the manual that came with your ESC should explain all of this ..
Old 03-12-2018, 01:30 AM
bl4
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Lordzod
Yes it's indeed a bit confusing but you need to set your aux1 in code mode not code 10 .

you need to be aware that Sanwa limited the choices on what you could change remotely the first 4 settings can not be change via remote , you need to do this by yourself with the complicated menu navigation (led colors etc etc) to change those settings. Please take your time and activate reverse and bump up the temp settings (menu 3 to a higher setting) and activate option 4 if you need boost and timing options.
Aux 1 will give you the first 5 settings  
Full Brake rate , Neutral Brake rate, Drive feel , Neutral Brake feel, Brake feel

and aux 2 will give you settings for boost if you need it
Boost timing (Advanced timing), Turbo , Boost curve

https://www.lrp.cc/fileadmin/product...107a54253a.pdf

the manual that came with your ESC should explain all of this ..
Noted thanks for the information. My instruction manual also different from your.😀

Last edited by bl4; 03-12-2018 at 07:18 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.