Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree34Likes

TORO TS 120A ESC

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 02:30 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Before I talk to SkyRC, I thought I'll post a video of my "problem" and see if this is in fact normal.

My car coasts nicely when the ESC is set to blinky or when Im in partial throttle. But when it goes into boost/turbo/full throttle, the car will grab a handful of brake when I release the throttle. Not sure if this is normal or not.I have the ESC set to no drag brakes and I release the throttle softly so that it doesnt bounce into the braking zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haUTMe_5c5U
Old 12-27-2015, 12:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Has anybody ever had their Toro making their car run backwards? I've just witnessed it again today with mine.

My previous 160 did, shortly before it went up in smoke. It was replaced under warranty by Schumacher (I'm in the UK) and 2nd time out today, my new one did it again.

It was perfectly fine for 4 qualifiers but then in the final. My car was on the track, I blipped the throttle and the car moved backwards. I tried it a few more times and each time the car moved backwards.

One of my racing buddies turned the ESC off, then back on again and now it was was fine again. No problems for the rest of the race.

I was using a brand new Reedy 13.5 turn motor (2nd meeting) same for the sensor cable.

Anybody else had the same issue? I'm just worried it's going to go up in smoke again, like my previous one did.

CE
Old 12-27-2015, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I spoke with someone and they said it also went reverse before the start of the race..
So far I've noticed these things
-car stops for two seconds from a mild hit
-random reversing
-personally my car sometimes jitters forwards in neutral. I doubt it's my radio, using an Mt4. I will update firmware and monitor it. Also using brand new sensor cable. Possibly that, not sure
-also at very low rpm it's not the smoothest, once again jitters.

Last edited by Djchow85; 12-27-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:43 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by disaster999
Before I talk to SkyRC, I thought I'll post a video of my "problem" and see if this is in fact normal.

My car coasts nicely when the ESC is set to blinky or when Im in partial throttle. But when it goes into boost/turbo/full throttle, the car will grab a handful of brake when I release the throttle. Not sure if this is normal or not.I have the ESC set to no drag brakes and I release the throttle softly so that it doesnt bounce into the braking zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haUTMe_5c5U
I was going through the ESC manual and came across a turbo deactivation slope set at 1-64deg/0.1s. Would this be the cause of my brake dive cuz the ESC is trying to instantaneously slow my motor from 60degrees timing down to 0? in a matter of 0.1s?
Old 12-28-2015, 10:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Djchow85
I spoke with someone and they said it also went reverse before the start of the race..
So far I've noticed these things
-car stops for two seconds from a mild hit
-random reversing
-personally my car sometimes jitters forwards in neutral. I doubt it's my radio, using an Mt4. I will update firmware and monitor it. Also using brand new sensor cable. Possibly that, not sure
-also at very low rpm it's not the smoothest, once again jitters.
If you are using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi module yes your motor direction after making changes ends up changing on you. you must check it and put it back to where you needed before you saved your settings every time you use it. If you use program card it does not do that
Old 12-28-2015, 11:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Your first sentence didn't make sense to me. Are you saying any changes I make can change the motor direction? Btw, I never had the reverse issue but someone I know did.

What I'm concerned is the jitter problem. Never had it with any esc except this toro esc.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Djchow85
Your first sentence didn't make sense to me. Are you saying any changes I make can change the motor direction? Btw, I never had the reverse issue but someone I know did.

What I'm concerned is the jitter problem. Never had it with any esc except this toro esc.

YES
All my friends that are using the WiFi or Bluetooth have this issue and they just make sure before they save there changes they check motor direction.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

i have hed good luck with my wifi, the only issue i had was the very first time i used it my throttle curve changed but only that one time but I do what Rick said I just make sure i look at everything before i save,
Old 12-29-2015, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

my new TS 150 and new motor come in today I cant wait to get it mounted and hit the track this weekend
Old 12-29-2015, 11:30 AM
Tech Adept

I was going through the ESC manual and came across a turbo deactivation slope set at 1-64deg/0.1s. Would this be the cause of my brake dive cuz the ESC is trying to instantaneously slow my motor from 60degrees timing down to 0? in a matter of 0.1s?
Could try lowering it. Also check your Boost controlled by throttle setting, try turning that off if its not already.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Tim Mcpherson
i have hed good luck with my wifi, the only issue i had was the very first time i used it my throttle curve changed but only that one time but I do what Rick said I just make sure i look at everything before i save,
cool
Old 12-29-2015, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Tim Mcpherson
my new TS 150 and new motor come in today I cant wait to get it mounted and hit the track this weekend
nice
Old 12-29-2015, 07:24 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Will27
Could try lowering it. Also check your Boost controlled by throttle setting, try turning that off if its not already.
I dialed it down to 10deg/0.10s and the car doesnt have as much of the drag brake effect when letting go of the throttle. Gotta go to the track and test this out.

I made sure my boost is triggered by motor RPM instead of throttle position.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

I dialed it down to 10deg/0.10s and the car doesnt have as much of the drag brake effect when letting go of the throttle. Gotta go to the track and test this out.

I made sure my boost is triggered by motor RPM instead of throttle position.
cool, keep us posted
Old 12-30-2015, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

After setting running mode to forward/brake/reverse it always changes back to forward/reverse by its own. Updated both program box and esc to latest version. Anyone experienced this and any solution? Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.