question about sanwa super vortex zero

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by MobileSuit
This link should be able to help you:
http://sanwa-denshi.com/rc/car/receiver/rx-472.html
Works with MT-4 without the SSL function(no direct adjust of esc setting from radio) but telemetry info will be send to radio without sensors.

Meilleur, I'm a slowly decyphering the instruction and will post back here as soon as I can.
But how is your binding with esc plugging into SSL/aux channel....any updates you can share with us.
So instead of plugging the esc into channel 2 like every other esc, I plugged the esc into the ssl/batt channel. I re-binded the rx and everything works as should. The only thing I can't do is adjust any parameters. I'm sure there is something else I have to set on the radio. I will try to work on it tonight for a bit. Just got home from the track and gotta get up early to hit another track. Normally sleep would just be an option for me, but I just switched to nights at work and now my sleep schedule is non existent...lol
Old 08-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
So it appears that the radio is able to perform setup functions that would normally be done with a computer or a program box. That is a novel feature, but without proper instructions it doesnt have the appeal it should. I hope sanwa will do a full fledged usa release because I will very likely buy this setup to use with my m12.

It does have the "proper" instructions. Your attitude is exactly why the US gets a bad rap over seas. Patience young padawan! I'm not frustrated, mad nor has it lost its "appeal" just because I can't understand it. I purchased this knowing the issues I would run into. I purchased it because of the functions it could do. Tomorrow I'm going to meet up with my friend and he will be able to interpret the instructions for me.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Meilleur have you adjust these settings yet?

Just make sure you've change from NOR to CODE.
System > Aux type > Aux 1 > from NOR to CODE and do the same for Aux 2.

And to change parameter you'll need to:
RACING > CODE AX 1 or CODE AX 2
Old 08-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
So it appears that the radio is able to perform setup functions that would normally be done with a computer or a program box.
Just to clarify, yes even radio from other manufacturer can change setting from radio but must be connected with wire.
The advantage of SSL system over others is able to adjust esc parameters without getting off the driving stand because is done through the patent pending receiver wirelessly.

I think when a fully localised English instruction manual becomes available to download, prospective user/buyer might have a different opinion on it since it is quite limited at this point in time.

Last edited by MobileSuit; 08-03-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Updates
Old 08-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Meilleur have you adjust these settings yet?

Just make sure you've change from NOR to CODE.
System > Aux type > Aux 1 > from NOR to CODE and do the same for Aux 2.

And to change parameter you'll need to:
RACING > CODE AX 1 or CODE AX 2

Just to add RACING MODE ( R-MODE ) must be change from inhibit(INH) to activate(ACT) and Code AX1 and Code AX2 must be ON as well.
Please refer to picture on page 7
Old 08-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Tech Regular

Just to add RACING MODE ( R-MODE ) must be change from inhibit(INH) to activate(ACT) and Code AX1 and Code AX2 must be ON as well.
Please refer to picture on page 7
Finally got everything hooked up right. I didn't get to play with the boost settings though. I was able to adjust drag brake. Didn't get a chance to adjust anything else. I double checked to make sure that I was in blinky mode. But it just seemed weird that I had alot of rpm out of that motor. By any chance, anybody know the average RPM out of a 21.5 motor (Thunderpower iwth green rotor)? My M12 showed at full throttle I was around 17K+. Does that seem right?

What is the difference between Mode 7 (drive feel) and Mode 12 (power mode)? I'm guessing that mode 12 is how much punch you have?

And what does it mean by brake feel (mode 9)?
Old 08-05-2013, 01:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Mode 12 Power; is more related to boost and turbo setting, since it will only become available if timing advance is enabled(Mode 4)
Old 08-07-2013, 01:04 AM
Tech Regular

Mode 12 Power; is more related to boost and turbo setting, since it will only become available if timing advance is enabled(Mode 4)
ON the last page or two, it mentioned something about plugging the ESC in to channel 3 and/or channel 4. Do you know why they mentioned it?
Old 08-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Tech Initiate

The last page or 2 talks about plugging other sensor into SSL receiver,such as gyro.
It will need to connect to channel 3 or 4 therefore will not allow to work in conjunction with SSL in Vortex ESC.

The instruction shows how to deactivate or freeing up a channel,hence why it changes back from Code to Norm.(picture with plug referring to other external device not Vortex Zero esc)

Technically speaking you still can adjust one set of parameters, whether its AUX 1 or AUX 2.

Last edited by MobileSuit; 08-07-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:51 AM
CnR
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Where can I buy this ESC ?
Old 08-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Mine is in the mail cant wait but i hope they come out with a english manual asap
Old 08-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Tech Rookie

How will this esc compare to the other big names like, HW v3, Tekin RS Pro, Lrp flow etc?
Old 08-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Got my speedie and receiver looks good just hurry up with the english instructions please
Old 08-23-2013, 03:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default Which motor to use please?

I'm planning to get into 1/12 pan car, will you mind recommend some motors to match this esc please?

Thanks in advance!

Ted
Old 08-24-2013, 02:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ted Su(TW)
I'm planning to get into 1/12 pan car, will you mind recommend some motors to match this esc please?

Thanks in advance!

Ted
On Sanwa's web site you can find a setup with YOKOMO R SERIES 3.5T from the last 1/12 JMRCA race

SANWA Vortex ZERO setupsheet Naoya Kitagawa

If you check this link you can also see the ESC with 21.5T motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.