Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum sr3100

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Arrow Spektrum sr3100

Are these a "better grade" receiver? Do they work with a dx3s?. I've had glitch problems and I think I have them solved, but just looking for option's in case I don't...

I really don't want to buy a new radio, yet...

I run the telemetry rx's now cause I like to monitor my stuff...
Old 03-17-2013, 02:07 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Bump for an educated answer...
Old 03-17-2013, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not sure if this qualifies as educated but the SR3100 is the newer DSM2 type which is supposed to be better than the previous DSM versions for speed, glitching and range. However, I have both and have not noticed any vast improvement. In fact I'm using the SR3500 in my on-road cars and SR3100 with my DX3R Pro.

The DSM2 receivers are also smaller but you can't reduce the antenna length as you could with the DSM receivers. Check to see if your DX3S is one of the newer ones because the older ones are not compatible with DSM2 and also DSM2 does not have telemetry, only the SR3003T receiver does unless you get the telemetry RX module.

Most of this information is available for free at the Spektrum site.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AreCee
Not sure if this qualifies as educated but the SR3100 is the newer DSM2 type which is supposed to be better than the previous DSM versions for speed, glitching and range. However, I have both and have not noticed any vast improvement. In fact I'm using the SR3500 in my on-road cars and SR3100 with my DX3R Pro.

The DSM2 receivers are also smaller but you can't reduce the antenna length as you could with the DSM receivers. Check to see if your DX3S is one of the newer ones because the older ones are not compatible with DSM2 and also DSM2 does not have telemetry, only the SR3003T receiver does unless you get the telemetry RX module.

Most of this information is available for free at the Spektrum site.
Thanks