Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree11Likes

Tekin RS Gen 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I will probably pick up the new gen2 if it has something better than the hotwire for track side configurations.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I just got an RS Pro also... Bummer... I wonder if the white cases would work on the Gen 1's? That sure would be nice!

But, black is cool too!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I dont see Tekin fitting a wifi or blutooth antenna in there.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Hoese37
I dont see Tekin fitting a wifi or blutooth antenna in there.
Could be a internal antenna like a Futaba Receiver...
Looks like I will have a couple new ESC's to buy soon.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

But its supposed to work with the older rs and rx8 speedos too.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I could honestly care less about bluetooth, wifi, or any other gimmick stuff like chargers playing music, etc. I'd rather have a product that does what its supposed to do and not do extra stuff I don't care about. K.I.S.S. The hotwire is stupid simple to use. You don't need to hook it up every time you go to the track. If I go to a new track I MIGHT hook it up if I need to change brakes, or current limit. But once its set I rarely touch it. And most things can be changed without the hotwire. I CHOOSE to use it though because I hate counting lights.

And I laugh at the people who complain about taking a laptop to the track. Whats your RC stuff worth? Mine costs more than my laptop. Plus I keep setup sheets and manuals all in PDF form on my laptop. So even if I didn't use the hotwire I'd still have my laptop with me.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Tech Prophet

the speed passion require an external wifi/bluetooth adapter. I would assume the same here. If they were going to release that tech.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Odin544
I could honestly care less about bluetooth, wifi, or any other gimmick stuff like chargers playing music, etc. I'd rather have a product that does what its supposed to do and not do extra stuff I don't care about. K.I.S.S. The hotwire is stupid simple to use. You don't need to hook it up every time you go to the track. If I go to a new track I MIGHT hook it up if I need to change brakes, or current limit. But once its set I rarely touch it. And most things can be changed without the hotwire. I CHOOSE to use it though because I hate counting lights.

And I laugh at the people who complain about taking a laptop to the track. Whats your RC stuff worth? Mine costs more than my laptop. Plus I keep setup sheets and manuals all in PDF form on my laptop. So even if I didn't use the hotwire I'd still have my laptop with me.
I hook up my PG 3-4 times each time I hit the track. Stupid simple means no manual and you can figure it all out. So the hotwire is not stupid simple. maybe after you learn and memorize the blinking lights then its simple to you. I see peopel all the time with their manuals trying to figure out all the blinking lights on the hotwire.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I hook up my PG 3-4 times each time I hit the track. Stupid simple means no manual and you can figure it all out. So the hotwire is not stupid simple. maybe after you learn and memorize the blinking lights then its simple to you. I see peopel all the time with their manuals trying to figure out all the blinking lights on the hotwire.
Its obvious you have no idea what you are talking about. If you use the hot-wire, there are no blinky lights to look at. Its a user interface on the computer screen. So it is stupid simple. If you can read english, you can use the hotwire.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Odin544
Its obvious you have no idea what you are talking about. If you use the hot-wire, there are no blinky lights to look at. Its a user interface on the computer screen. So it is stupid simple. If you can read english, you can use the hotwire.
oh, you want me to lug a computer around.... that is much better... nope it is not. You obvious are a fan boy, which is fine. These forums are full of fan boys. The tech exists and the Chinese are out doing us left and right, its really sad. Tekin has a huge fan base, it is the iPhone/iPad of RC. That is fine, that just means they sell a crap ton of esc's and motors. So a little R&D into a better esc programming tool should be cake. What you fail to realize, is that I am pulling for Tekin to release something good. Too many companies release half a product or cut corners they should not. I really hope they get this one right. As I would like to buy one.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

oh, you want me to lug a computer around.... that is much better... nope it is not. You obvious are a fan boy, which is fine. These forums are full of fan boys. The tech exists and the Chinese are out doing us left and right, its really sad. Tekin has a huge fan base, it is the iPhone/iPad of RC. That is fine, that just means they sell a crap ton of esc's and motors. So a little R&D into a better esc programming tool should be cake. What you fail to realize, is that I am pulling for Tekin to release something good. Too many companies release half a product or cut corners they should not. I really hope they get this one right. As I would like to buy one.
If by fan boy you mean I use one and actually know how they work and don't post misinformation about them then yes I suppose I am.

If you don't like the way they have chosen to have the ESC adjusted, fine. Thats your opinion. There are a lot more people who have the opposite opinion of you though. I will agree its not a perfect system for everyone. But no esc manufacturer makes a perfect system for everyone. Its impossible to please everyone all the time. About the only thing I would like to see change is to have the hotwire software for Mac. I hate loading it up using VMware. But it is what it is. I wouldn't trade it for a SP esc.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

IMO Tekin has been around long enough to know what's good for their company. And if they feel like a programming box at this point in time is not necessary then why make one? I honestly don't see what the big hassle/complaints are about having to carry a laptop to the track as a big issue that others have stated. Iono bout you guys but I've seen people carry from what seems like their whole garage setup, so what's so hard about carrying another piece of equipment? I personally only bring my laptop just to know I have it incase I need to change something, even with my other esc's that have programming boxes, cause I'd rather make all the nec. changes at once instead of trying to remember what profile was setup for what. In the end everyone's opinions different but I find it a little funny that some people will not buy the esc due to no programming box. Heck next thing you know if tekin does make one and charges an arm and a leg for one like other companies do, it'll at least give others something else to complain about, ;-)............
Old 03-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Prophet

there is a lot of dirt that gets over everything at my track. not really wanting to tear up a lap top to program an esc. And there is really no reason to stay in the stone age for tech. The HW box is like $20. that is cheap and it allows firmware updates. The LRP usb attachment and the hotwire are actually kinda pricy for what they do.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

there is a lot of dirt that gets over everything at my track. not really wanting to tear up a lap top to program an esc. And there is really no reason to stay in the stone age for tech. The HW box is like $20. that is cheap and it allows firmware updates. The LRP usb attachment and the hotwire are actually kinda pricy for what they do.
How does a laptop get torn up anymore than someone with a $5-600 radio? I don't like my laptop getting dirty either. Simple solution is to keep it put away when not in use. I toss it in the bottom of my pit bag after putting it in sleep mode. And if it does get dirty it takes less than 5 minutes to clean up and blow it out with a can of air. I do the same thing with my radio, all my cars, etc. It all gets cleaned when necessary. It's part of racing in the dirt. Part of why I would race onroad year round if we had the facility here.

My hotwire and laptop get used just about every time I go to the track though. 9 times out of 10 its by someone else adjusting their esc. Which I don't mind at all.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:10 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys, let's keep it on topic, RS Gen 2.

Once a Tekin esc is running 223 software there are no "blinking" lights chase down. The led tree is a "more or less" depending on how many led's are lit, no counting of flashes etc.

A large goal for the 2nd generation esc's was a "pull it out of the box, set a few settings(lvc), radio calibrate...and go have fun."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.