Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clarification on AMB Mylaps transponders

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hanulec
jimmy - i 10000% disagree with you. any track owner that upgrades is going to feel the backlash. no one wants to scare people away. it is not like these RC4 'pure' transponders are $40. they are still $100.
I am a track operator, and we did upgrade, and we offered, to our racers, a mass mail in, to get pure rc4 for our people who had mrt's. 40USD for each one (Current offer from MYLaps, which included the shipping both ways). That was a great deal for those people, since it would cost them more than 40 with shipping and insurance, if they did it themselves.

The whole complaining about the MyLaps issue is useless. Complaining will go no where. You upgrade, or dont have your laps counted.. its simple as that.

Tracks upgrade for $330 usd for the new decoder, or pay over 3000 down the road (based on Mylaps history of trade in's).

Originally Posted by trickedout
Somebodies got their head up amb's rear end.... I bet I'm surely not alone in thinking another system with cheaper pricing would in fact take off and yup I'd be willing to support it and buy into it. My motors work with any esc, my esc work with any motor, my servos work with any receiver and so on, so why does amb have to be high and mighty on their pedestal??
Ahh but when will any receiver work with any transmitter.. That is where we are comparing apples to apples...
Old 02-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

So do the mylaps rc4 hybrid currently work? Or would I have to upgrade to the new mylaps rc4?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by romian14
So do the mylaps rc4 hybrid currently work? Or would I have to upgrade to the new mylaps rc4?
All of MyLaps red transponders work with RC4 decoder box.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks Ed

This was posted by Ed Anderson in another thread when all of this was originally starting. Thanks Ed

Green works, Red, doesnt work. Make sure you know which decoder box your local club is using.

Originally Posted by Ed Anderson
Decoder............... Transponders

AMBrc........... AMB House TP,. AMB DP,. MRT iPT,. MRT PTX,. MyL rc2,. MyL rc4 (hybrid),. MyL rc4 (purcy)
AMBrc3......... AMB House TP,. AMB DP,. MRT iPT,. MRT PTX,. MyL rc2,. MyL rc4 (hybrid),. MyL rc4 (purcy)
MyLaps rc3.... AMB House TP,. AMB DP,. MRT iPT,. MRT PTX,. MyL rc2,. MyL rc4 (hybrid),. MyL rc4 (purcy)
MyLaps rc4.... AMB House TP,. AMB DP,. MRT iPT,. MRT PTX,. MyL rc2,. MyL rc4 (hybrid),. MyL rc4 (purcy)

Old 02-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The intent of this thread was to be informative. If you want to and Mylaps/AMB pick one of the other half dozen threads already doing so.

If anyone has any informative information that should be added let me know and I'll add it.