Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Futaba 4pl drop down by GRID RC >

Futaba 4pl drop down by GRID RC

Futaba 4pl drop down by GRID RC

Old 02-24-2014, 11:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Such an amusing thread and how cheap folks are over shipping. I suppose the lack of return for a product designed to enhance your driving is not worth much. If you want something that isn't produced in China you have to pay for local wages and R&D.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just got a 4pls and im loving it. I have a skin on the way and some lipos as well.

Just want to know what the benifits are for the drop down wheel. Im just starting out racing. Im in this sport to stay as I love it so I want the best possible controller I can get.

For me this mod is expensive as I live in Australia but if you can tell me the benifits of having it and why I have it then i might get one.

Also can you just use the stock 4PLS wheel on it once the mod is fitted?

Does it require me to drill or mod the 4PLS in anyway or is it a direct bolt on mod or something?

thanks guys
Old 09-03-2015, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stalyoni
I just got a 4pls and im loving it. I have a skin on the way and some lipos as well.

Just want to know what the benifits are for the drop down wheel. Im just starting out racing. Im in this sport to stay as I love it so I want the best possible controller I can get.

For me this mod is expensive as I live in Australia but if you can tell me the benifits of having it and why I have it then i might get one.

Also can you just use the stock 4PLS wheel on it once the mod is fitted?

Does it require me to drill or mod the 4PLS in anyway or is it a direct bolt on mod or something?

thanks guys
I like a drop down and got one of the first GRID drops for my 4PL in fact one of the pilot models. I now race a 4PX and have passed my 4PL to my son. Not sure it dramatically changes the driving, I used a buddies non drop down M12 recently and still drove it OK but I prefer the wheel more in line with the trigger.

I also liked it cos it was unique and most folks don't have one for the 4PL.

It does not require screws or drilling but is glued onto the plastic casing so it is reversible but you need to break the glue mount.

That said, I did fit it with screws and drilled holes ultimately as I hit the wheel pretty hard and kept loosening it, hasn't shifted lately ;-)
Old 09-03-2015, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks cutting for your reply

when i get some spare coin i will get one then

im sure all my track mates will be envious

im getting this skin for mine as well

might get a different wheel for mine as well

do you know if you can get a rubber feel wheel for the 4PLS?