Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

FlySky FS iT4 Transmitter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 02:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Just ordered mine from Amazon. Don't know which version it is but I'll soon find out.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DLNtheReal23
Just ordered mine from Amazon. Don't know which version it is but I'll soon find out.
Sweet. let us know how it works
Old 02-25-2014, 05:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Anybody know how responsive the touch screen is?

Last edited by DLNtheReal23; 02-25-2014 at 05:37 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 02-25-2014, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

The touch screen works great. My big ole fingers can touch it without making to many mistakes. Plus the stylus works good too.

I just setup the sensors for temp and voltage on my new SC10.2. Took a little bit to figure out how to pick the sensors from the menu. Once I plugged the temp sensor into the voltage sensor, I had to pick temp3 from the menu. Once I did that, it all works great.

Buzz.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Glad to hear that. Looking forward to getting mine. Not really worried about the binding issue. I only plan to use it with one model. I have a DX3c and a DX4s for my other models.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Not sure which version I'm getting. Coming from Amazon two day shipping.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Anybody know how responsive the touch screen is?
Real23, the touch screen is a resistive type screen. Most screens that use a stylus use this type. Its older technology but still in use today and some say its still more accurate than the new capacitive screens. Works great with either finger or stylus. I ordered mine from amazon 3 weeks ago, so I imagine you souls be getting most recent version. I got a chance to setup magnetic speed sensor and its fairly accurate as long as you know the tire circumference. When you pick the sensor to display, make sure you select the one for speed and not "Motor Speed". Motor speed gives RPM reading if you are installing sensor on your spur gear. When i get on a computer I'll upload some pics if you want. Can't do it from my phone.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks. There are different ones from different sellers on Amazon. I ordered the one that said sold and shipped by Amazon. Hopefully its up to date. But if not the telemetry will still be very useful.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:57 AM
Tech Initiate

I just got an email from jerry he said it's going to be a while. He said I only need a chip to plug in.
Attached Thumbnails FlySky FS iT4 Transmitter Thread-capture-flysky.jpg  
Old 02-26-2014, 05:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by unclecrash
I just got an email from jerry he said it's going to be a while. He said I only need a chip to plug in.
Same here. I wonder how many time I'll need to send him my address...

I really hope the chip is socketed. I don't want to have to be busting out the soldering iron on this thing.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Best of luck with the chip install, hopefully it is just a socket. I know the main board replacements were just swapping out boards and reattaching a ribbon cable.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

It's not socketed... If you unscrew the small screw in the bottom of the screen and pop the screen "up" it is the chip sitting on the board right there.

I looked at it last night but I didn't get a picture of it for some reason...

This is the small screw you need to take out:

And this kind of shows how the screen is held on. To remove it you need to kind of pull the screen module up from the bottom:

Now the chip has 12 tabs on it (you can see them in the upper right of this picture) It looks like they are SMD but they could possibly be through hole. Either way it will be tricky to try to remove it without the proper tools.

At the least you will need some solder wick or a solder sucker to clean the tabs and remove the chip. I guess if you are not concerned about the chip you could heat the tabs up one by one and pull them up with a fine set of pliers. This will probably damage the chip but honestly it doesn't really matter.

When placing the new chip on the board you will need solder flux and solder. You will have to be quick and heat the tabs up just enough to melt the solder while not heating the chip up excessively.

This whole process is going to be tough for me to due. I feel bad for those who need to do it that don't have any soldering experience... It would be really nice if they were just to send out full replacement boards like they had said they would a month ago.

Edit:
BB throttle trigger support:

The secondary board:

The 8 screws I mistakenly removed before I realized the main board was behind the screen:
Old 02-27-2014, 11:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Yeah that looks like a hassle.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Just got mine. How do you know which version it is?
Old 02-27-2014, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Just got mine. How do you know which version it is?
Go to system and select the about FS-iT4 option at the bottom.

If you don't mind it would be great if you could let us know what the hardware and software version is and where and when you bought it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.