Community
Wiki Posts
Search

futaba 3pk help

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah I think the guy lied to me. He didn't have the box. I found a page in the manual that list what it was supposed to come with. Either way I don't have one and would like to try it. I have one for the 4pks on order at my local. Hopefully it fits.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

I just had a scary thought, and I thought I would check before I went ahead with the lipo. I know the 3pks will run on a three cell, but will the sm1000 spektrum module that I am using? I just have a fear that the radio might work fine but I'll fry the module. Can anyone reassure me please?
Old 11-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by red dog
I just had a scary thought, and I thought I would check before I went ahead with the lipo. I know the 3pks will run on a three cell, but will the sm1000 spektrum module that I am using? I just have a fear that the radio might work fine but I'll fry the module. Can anyone reassure me please?
Rest assured you will be fine. I've been using a 3 cell lipo in mine with the pro module.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Cool thanks.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have been using a 3pks with Spectrum module and 3s lipo for 2yrs and I love it! I use a piece of heat shrink tubing over the mod. antenna when it's up to keep from breaking it and you can slide it up a little to fold it down. Also they make caps for the FM ant. hole but I just use a nitro carb dust cap. Get the drop down IMO just feels better and run the adjuster to reset center on both steering and throttle before calibrating. Good Luck!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
As far as I know all the 3PKS sold in the states came with the drop down wheel adapter in the box.
Yes it did. Check ebay. Also look there for a lipo. theyre cheap, but usually come from china.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hoese37
Yes it did. Check ebay. Also look there for a lipo. theyre cheap, but usually come from china.
Originally Posted by red dog
He said it was an accessory you could buy but I can't find one. Is there anything else I should know about this radio? Thanks again guys for all the help.
Yeah I thought that it did. It sucks when people lie to you. I found a lipo for it on dealextreme for 12$. And my local hobby shop just got the drop down wheel for the 4pk. I haven't had a chance to get down there yet to see if it fits. I will post on here when I find out.