Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree11Likes

SMC LIPO BATTERY THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

You guys knew they were coming in today...did you actually think we would save a few for you if you waited till now to try and order, ha come on
Old 04-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PB+J
Sold out !!! Oh well so much for having fun more waiting. oh joy

Bought RC82E in feb been waiting for batteries to become avail
Sigh
Originally Posted by davidbarton87
I feel really bad for this company if they are actually sold out. b/c they are going to lose even more customers, Sold out in 2 hours!! I am tempted to go somewhere else sorry SMC
Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
+1 a whole lot of talk about this "big order" that somehow ended up being sold out within 2 hours. What good are packs if they're never available. Might just go promatch instead.
All of the above !
Old 04-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you figure out if they made a 10,000 dollar order and the average battery is 30 dollars wholesale thats 300 batteries in 3 and a half hours. How many people who haven't posted here do you think also bought batteries? It's not like this is the only thread talking about SMC batteries?. And it's not just China, but the shippers and airlines that are a huge pain in the ass because of the danger involved with lipo batteries. That really only leaves a slow boat from China to get them here. SMC already said what they had multiple other orders in place and this is just a first order to come in. I only ordered half of what I needed because I didn't want to be greedy. When is the next shipment do n?
Old 04-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Don't forget peeps that SMC also has threads on Hobby Talk and maybe other forums.
Who knows how many people have been waiting for the order to come in, may have been 1000 packs of each type but everyone orders 2 or 4 packs and you only need 250 or 500 people to sell out that pack type.
They may have had local people stop by and put names in notification or maybe they can do pre-order in person who can say.
I'm sure they are frustrated, if it was my business I know I would be, having tons of customers wanting my product but not being able to get my product from manufacturer in a timely fashion.
Hoping next order is due in real soon.
Kind of decided these are the batteries I want to run, and not gonna be happy compromising. That being said having an expensive shelf ornament SUCKS.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

PB+J , there are some good 4s packs in stock at a place in IL but they are only 5200mAh so its iffy running longer races . PM me for the website as I don't wanna post the link here ....
Old 04-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Bash Yeah I know who you are talking about they are pretty close to me too. maybe 45 minutes away.
need to change the connectors but no biggie.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

So far I am very happy with them just wish they were a larger capacity ...... Have you been running the Sunday series race at LHR ? I am the guy with the blue/ w flames bodied Tekno EB48 . If you want I will let you run one of my G Force packs to check out how good it is .
Old 04-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

To the top two users, take it to pm please..........

I was able to get a handful of the 2s packs, can't wait for them to arrive to I can run my 4wd sct......
Old 04-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

can't believe the bashing that danny is taking. his business model is that he wants to sell fresh packs. he doesn't want packs sitting on shelves for months and then sold. the increase in volume in his sales probably has been more than he anticipated and/or china wasn't able to supply him the quantity that he wanted. in the end, i'm glad danny is not compromising quality. he'll get the stock situation under control, just give him time. in the meantime, he continues to sell high quality packs at "cheap lipo" prices, just maybe not to everyone that wants them. give him time...
Old 04-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
can't believe the bashing that danny is taking. his business model is that he wants to sell fresh packs. he doesn't want packs sitting on shelves for months and then sold. the increase in volume in his sales probably has been more than he anticipated and/or china wasn't able to supply him the quantity that he wanted. in the end, i'm glad danny is not compromising quality. he'll get the stock situation under control, just give him time. in the meantime, he continues to sell high quality packs at "cheap lipo" prices, just maybe not to everyone that wants them. give him time...
I agree and am just frustrated
Old 04-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Don't forget our friends in Canadia...Even though the Girl Scouts could make it the USA's 51st state, I know Danny was dedicating a percentage of the shipment for them as well.

Right now the following are showing as in stock:
Factory Spec 7.4V 5000mAh 40C Traxxas
Factory Spec 7.4V 5000mAh 40C Inboard
Factory Spec 7.4V 6500mAh 60C Traxxas
Factory Spec 11.1V 4100mAh 40C Traxxas
Old 04-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
It's not even his fault. If you look around, alot of the "value" lipos are almost completely out of stock. I browsed the other day for 2s batteries and it seemed like almost everyone was out(ecopower, promatch, smc, gforce, gens ace, etc).

Give it some time and it will start to sort itself out once all these retailers catch up again.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PB+J
I agree and am just frustrated
+1 it's not really his fault, it's all those cheaters that work from home! They got a head start on the race! No fair!!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Has anybody got an email confirmation?...after paying..did it say shipped?..pending?
Old 04-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tedstryker
Has anybody got an email confirmation?...after paying..did it say shipped?..pending?
Mine says pending, I'm sure those who got their orders in right away will have no issue's. However since they sold out in a matter of mins it seems like they are prob. a little backed up on processing the orders.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.