Wiki Posts
Search

ORCA Team - VRITRA VX COMPETITON ESC

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I am not sure if they tested it at the same time. Guess that would be a question for ROAR.

EA
What I was told other day vx s2 s1 will be on list as they have been passed on Monday after a very long wait
Old 09-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
So the 1S version is not ROAR approved yet, correct?
ORCA has not yet submitted the VX 1S version to ROAR.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rocketron
ORCA has not yet submitted the VX 1S version to ROAR.
vx s1 runs same firmware as s2 so i can not see a problem
Old 09-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

Not only is the Vitra VX smooth and fast, also the support is outstanding. Had some questions and got an answer on the minute (might have been a bit lucky, but still). In comparison I still havent heard from Orion after posting a question thrugh their web page about the R10 - its been som weeks now...

So ORCA is the s***, both on and off track
Running mine in TC mod with the RX2 4,5t motor and the Nnfinite LIPO packs, and it is flying!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

Andreas Myrberg, owner of AME and ORCA distributor in Europe.
Until the US distribution is up and working fully, I will try to help out here.

If you have any questions please let me know and I will try to answer as good as fast as possible
Old 09-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

ORCA OES390V/G/B ORCA VTX Orange/Grey/Blue V2.2 Zero timing- the BLUE LED flashes when the ESC is active and throttle is in neutral position

Uh oh...Some one new is on the updated ROAR Speedo list!

EA
This seems to be the only ORCA ESC on the ROAR list.....isn't the OES390V the same as the OES360 (Blue Version) & 380 (Titanium version)?

I have a sneaking feeling that the part numbers listed above (ROAR list) are incorrect..it can't be that the only ROAR approved ORCAS ESC is the orange one?

Can anyone confirm?

Also, I understand that the programming card is not included with the VX, but is the USB cable included with the programming card or is that sold separately as well?

What about the ORCA ESC Capacitor, is this as must have to operator? included with the VX?

Appreciate!!
Old 09-06-2012, 04:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mhavlena
This seems to be the only ORCA ESC on the ROAR list.....isn't the OES390V the same as the OES360 (Blue Version) & 380 (Titanium version)?

I have a sneaking feeling that the part numbers listed above (ROAR list) are incorrect..it can't be that the only ROAR approved ORCAS ESC is the orange one?

Can anyone confirm?

Also, I understand that the programming card is not included with the VX, but is the USB cable included with the programming card or is that sold separately as well?

What about the ORCA ESC Capacitor, is this as must have to operator? included with the VX?

Appreciate!!
orange is on list
yes you need program card
the usb is sold by its self not with program card
just run capacitor that come with vx
Old 09-06-2012, 04:50 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhavlena

Can anyone confirm?

Appreciate!!
THey have the part number and description wrong. All of the color's are legal for ROAR in the spec classes for the VX. The 1S version hasnt been approved yet as posted here by ROAR.

EA
Old 09-06-2012, 04:54 AM
Tech Regular

THey have the part number and description wrong. All of the color's are legal for ROAR in the spec classes for the VX. The 1S version hasnt been approved yet as posted here by ROAR.

EA
Great thanks!

I would assume that they will be adding the blue and titanium ones shortly?...

In the interim, can anyone confirm the P/N's for the programming card and the USB cable? The online information seems to be conflicting and would like to make sure that I purchase compatible equipment.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any s/w updates avail online for the VX, is this due to the fact that all VX's are already equipped with thel atest & greatets (v2.2, I think?)?

Thanks again!
Old 09-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

I think all three colors esc will be certified at once.

You could find OEM numbers at orcarc.com

You don't need the USB link at first, the actual firmware is flawless and the VX is awesome stock whether you use it for onroad, offroad, blinky, boosted or mod.

One of a few esc able to run longer finals all day long without thermaling.

You do need the program box to fine tune to your track/car/motor.
OEM number OPC111VS.

For those arguing about VX being sold without a setup box/card keep in mind VTC were sold at a higher price so offering the VX alone was a way to offer a better price, especially if you race more than one classes or need a spare. One VX and its program card is sold the same price as the VTC was.

I was especially pleased with how better this one is compare to a VTC. With every others speedo at the same gearing I experienced a lack of low/mid rev torque power, I had a good punch at launch from stop and good torque at high speed but a hole in between. With the VX the powerband is totally flat with a very good torque at those low rev. My 7.5 become too powerfull and the 10.5 boosted or blinky really enjoyed that extra torque on infield sections.
We are also able to use 64k drive frequency (the smoothest setting) without loosing raw power, so smooth and torquey at the same time.
I wasn't expecting such an improvement.

Can't wait to try the 1S !

Last edited by mojo tom; 09-06-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mojo tom
I think all three colors esc will be certified at once.

You could find OEM numbers at orcarc.com

You don't need the USB link at first, the actual firmware is flawless and the VX is awesome stock whether you use it for onroad, offroad, blinky, boosted or mod.

One of a few esc able to run longer finals all day long without thermaling.

You do need the program box to fine tune to your track/car/motor.
OEM number OPC111VS.

For those arguing about VX being sold without a setup box/card keep in mind VTC were sold at a higher price so offering the VX alone was a way to offer a better price, especially if you race more than one classes or need a spare. One VX and its program card is sold the same price as the VTC was.

I was especially pleased with how better this one is compare to a VTC. With every others speedo at the same gearing I experienced a lack of low/mid rev torque power, I had a good punch at launch from stop and good torque at high speed but a hole in between. With the VX the powerband is totally flat with a very good torque at those low rev. My 7.5 become too powerfull and the 10.5 boosted or blinky really enjoyed that extra torque on infield sections.
We are also able to use 64k drive frequency (the smoothest setting) without loosing raw power, so smooth and torquey at the same time.

Can't wait to try the 1S !

1s is very nice. only 1 prototype ran at the Worlds this year and it finished in the A-main directly. 2:nd final on third position even.
Attached Thumbnails ORCA Team - VRITRA VX COMPETITON ESC-387032_404920896222767_1681891810_n.jpg  
Old 09-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

EA
The part number ROAR used was from the packaging and have since learned the number has changed to 360 and it is the Orange, Grey (Ti) and Blue version of the VX.

The 1S is expected but has not arrived for inspection.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andreas_Myrberg
Hi guys,

Andreas Myrberg, owner of AME and ORCA distributor in Europe.
Until the US distribution is up and working fully, I will try to help out here.

If you have any questions please let me know and I will try to answer as good as fast as possible
Who will the US distributer be? When will this happen?
Old 09-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mojo tom

Hi Mojo,

using the 64K you felt more smooth than agressive?

i think the VX works with 2,4,8,16,32 and 64k for frequency, so high frequency give more power... which battery are you using? could happen that the esc tried send more power for the motor but your battery didnt sent enough power.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default Software

Hi i see the single cell speedy is being release with the Ver3 software,anyone know is this Ver3 going to be available for update.
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.