Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Hobbywing Xerun V3

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by walste
Can someone please help me with settings for a very very small tight technical carpet track?

It is 17.5T stock boosted.
And i´m running the ThunderPower 17.5T, and the HW 3.1 ESC.
You'd be better off running blinky on a small technical track.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Have a strange problem with my V3. It seems like it's sensitive to static discharge or something. Occasionally when I pick up the car and touch the speed control, the throttle goes dead. The ESC light blinks red, and it can't be turned off using the button. You have to unplug the battery to get it to work again.

Normally this is not a big deal, but tonight it cost me the main when a marshal touched my car.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:27 AM
Tech Rookie

hi all, here is my experience with my 120a V3, which has working very well for 2 months but now : if i turn it on holding the power button, in order to enter the reset mode, all i get is a continuos beeping and red light flashing.......if you press the button, beeping and red flashing stop, but the esc does not respond...it doesn't event turn off, have to disconnect battery.... i have the latest beta firmware (BTW i tried to get back to the latest stable firmware, but the Hobbywing software for PC only lists the previous beta software among the ones i can choose...).... any hint ? i cannot even find the meaining of this fault code in the instructions... thx
Old 02-13-2013, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fabrc68
hi all, here is my experience with my 120a V3, which has working very well for 2 months but now : if i turn it on holding the power button, in order to enter the reset mode, all i get is a continuos beeping and red light flashing.......if you press the button, beeping and red flashing stop, but the esc does not respond...it doesn't event turn off, have to disconnect battery.... i have the latest beta firmware (BTW i tried to get back to the latest stable firmware, but the Hobbywing software for PC only lists the previous beta software among the ones i can choose...).... any hint ? i cannot even find the meaining of this fault code in the instructions... thx
My v3 does some funny stuff like not powering down after pc update...and not turning on-on the 1st try after it's been sitting for a while (will turn on then quickly off). This has done this new from the box.. direct from sekido.(only a month old).
I have learned to live with it...but something seems wrong.Have read a few posts that say it needs to go back when they act up like this but...when its right from the factory doing this I don't see how that will help things.

Last edited by j.d.roost; 02-13-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Mine has been sent back to my LHS coz it just flashes red when turned on and nothing works. Been a couple of months now no news. After reading all the issues the rest are facing, I believe the V3 was not tested properly before its release. And now a V3.1.... Looks like we were the guinea pigs!...

The V3 will be my last Hobbywing product.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

may i know what is a good replacement for the capacitor for hobbywing esc?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ali_g
may i know what is a good replacement for the capacitor for hobbywing esc?
Check out a MurfDogg Octane Booster. They can be found on the TQ RC racing website.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fabrc68
I think your not doing the calibration properly.
You need to turn your transmitter on (setting all values to 100% to get full calibration), then press and hold the button to get into the set mode. Then you'll hear the beep and flashing light.
Leave the throttle at neutral, press the button once and it should beep once. Now move the throttle to full forward, and press the button again. You should hear two beeps. Now move the throttle to full backward, and press the button again. This time you'll hear three beeps, and the motor should now respond to throttle inputs.
As far as I'm aware, all the latest firmwares are fine and work well on track.

Regards
Ed
Old 02-16-2013, 02:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cyanyde
Mine has been sent back to my LHS coz it just flashes red when turned on and nothing works. Been a couple of months now no news. After reading all the issues the rest are facing, I believe the V3 was not tested properly before its release. And now a V3.1.... Looks like we were the guinea pigs!...

The V3 will be my last Hobbywing product.
No offense dude, but thats bull crap. I know for a fact that the V3 was tested a lot before release, including a full hard run at last years TITC by a large number of drivers.

Without trying to sound rude, but more often than not, problems with the esc are down to user error, mostly by reverse connecting or overheating (I know this, as I have done it myself). Blaming these issues on the esc is a bit rich. I've heard of very very few issues with the esc itself from normal running, and by all accounts normally handled with quickly (again, also my experience).

From all the information out there, Hobbywing actually seems to have the most reliable product... lost count of the number of issues that have come to light with other well known manufacturers. Just look at a few of the competitors threads to see what I mean, you won't have to look far...

Ed
Old 02-16-2013, 02:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Steve S
Have a strange problem with my V3. It seems like it's sensitive to static discharge or something. Occasionally when I pick up the car and touch the speed control, the throttle goes dead. The ESC light blinks red, and it can't be turned off using the button. You have to unplug the battery to get it to work again.

Normally this is not a big deal, but tonight it cost me the main when a marshal touched my car.
Thats a weird one... not got a dodegy RX connection? or a shorting wire? Worth checking the simple things first
Old 02-16-2013, 04:07 AM
Tech Regular

Default How do I update my V3 and programme box with new software

Right Guys, I understand there is a new software or firmware available for the V3. Ive had mine for some time now and not checked for any updates since I originally set it up.
My problem is I have no idea what to do as some one else set mine up first time round, Can some one post an idiot proof step by step guide on how to download and install the new update on the esc and on the programme box. LOl Many thanks people
Old 02-16-2013, 04:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
Right Guys, I understand there is a new software or firmware available for the V3. Ive had mine for some time now and not checked for any updates since I originally set it up.
My problem is I have no idea what to do as some one else set mine up first time round, Can some one post an idiot proof step by step guide on how to download and install the new update on the esc and on the programme box. LOl Many thanks people
Here you go.... There are 3 stages really. Software install, Update program box, update esc

Install Software
1) go to Hobbywing.com and download the latest firmware. Easiest just to follow this link... http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=218
Scroll to the bottom of the page, and follow the instructions to download.

2) Now, these files are packaged/compressed as .rar files for ease. If you don't have one, you'll need an unpacker as well. I recommend 7zip, as this can handle all the types of file compresses out there in one nice easy program. Link here - http://www.7zip.com/ just click the download now, and install to your PC.

3) Unpack the Hobbywing software from the rar file (with 7zip, double click, and then hit the extract all button, selecting where you want to put the file on your comp...for ease, I normally dump it to desktop).

4) Run the software installer from the location you put it on your PC. Just to be safe, run it in adminstrator mode (Right click, and select that option), as it requires administrator privilages to install.

So... hopefully that means the software installs fine, with no error's. Before updating the ESC, you'll want to update the program box.

Update Program box
1) Plug in your program box to the computer using the USB cable. The box should light up and say 'Connecting PC'

2) Start up the Hobbywing software. On the menu bar select 'Device', and then 'LCD Program box'

3) now go to the 'Firmware upgrade' option on the left hand side of the window. You'll find a load of options from the drop down box in 'Upgrade Version', select the latest one, which is 'V1.11_120331_V3', and then hit the 'Upgrade' button.

4) A window should flash up with 'Program update', and then a confirmation box when it's finished. Click 'ok' and the program box is updated

With that done, you can now update the esc.

Update ESC
1) Leave the Hobbywing software open, and in the 'Devices' option on the menu bar, select 'ESC'.

2) Now connect the ESC to the program box, and turn it on (not forgetting that you need to plug in a battery for it to work!). A progress bar should pop up, then a lot of new options should appear on the side of the window.

3) Select 'Firmware Upgrade' from the side, and in the same way as the Program Box, select the firmware to be put on the esc, and then click update. I recommend the latest firmware, which is 'V3.1_121129_Beta', works very well.

4) Same as the program box, click update, wait for the system to finish updating (takes longer with the ESC), and then hit 'ok' and your done.

Some recommend double flashing the esc to make sure the program sticks. Personally, I've never bothered, and never had an issue. Just make sure there aren't any problems with the USB ports on the computer, and your using a reliable cable.

Thats it really, nothing else to it Don't forget that you'll need to calibrate the ESC back to your radio again after updating the firmware though.

HiH
Ed
Old 02-16-2013, 04:39 AM
Tech Regular

Many Thanks Ed I will give this a go later
Old 02-16-2013, 04:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TryHard
Here you go.... There are 3 stages really. Software install, Update program box, update esc

Install Software
1) go to Hobbywing.com and download the latest firmware. Easiest just to follow this link... http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=218
Scroll to the bottom of the page, and follow the instructions to download.

2) Now, these files are packaged/compressed as .rar files for ease. If you don't have one, you'll need an unpacker as well. I recommend 7zip, as this can handle all the types of file compresses out there in one nice easy program. Link here - http://www.7zip.com/ just click the download now, and install to your PC.

3) Unpack the Hobbywing software from the rar file (with 7zip, double click, and then hit the extract all button, selecting where you want to put the file on your comp...for ease, I normally dump it to desktop).

4) Run the software installer from the location you put it on your PC. Just to be safe, run it in adminstrator mode (Right click, and select that option), as it requires administrator privilages to install.

So... hopefully that means the software installs fine, with no error's. Before updating the ESC, you'll want to update the program box.

Update Program box
1) Plug in your program box to the computer using the USB cable. The box should light up and say 'Connecting PC'

2) Start up the Hobbywing software. On the menu bar select 'Device', and then 'LCD Program box'

3) now go to the 'Firmware upgrade' option on the left hand side of the window. You'll find a load of options from the drop down box in 'Upgrade Version', select the latest one, which is 'V1.11_120331_V3', and then hit the 'Upgrade' button.

4) A window should flash up with 'Program update', and then a confirmation box when it's finished. Click 'ok' and the program box is updated

With that done, you can now update the esc.

Update ESC
1) Leave the Hobbywing software open, and in the 'Devices' option on the menu bar, select 'ESC'.

2) Now connect the ESC to the program box, and turn it on (not forgetting that you need to plug in a battery for it to work!). A progress bar should pop up, then a lot of new options should appear on the side of the window.

3) Select 'Firmware Upgrade' from the side, and in the same way as the Program Box, select the firmware to be put on the esc, and then click update. I recommend the latest firmware, which is 'V3.1_121129_Beta', works very well.

4) Same as the program box, click update, wait for the system to finish updating (takes longer with the ESC), and then hit 'ok' and your done.

Some recommend double flashing the esc to make sure the program sticks. Personally, I've never bothered, and never had an issue. Just make sure there aren't any problems with the USB ports on the computer, and your using a reliable cable.

Thats it really, nothing else to it Don't forget that you'll need to calibrate the ESC back to your radio again after updating the firmware though.

HiH
Ed
Hi Ed, I clicked on the Hobbywing link, Do I need to down load the USB link software as well as the Version 3.2_121204 software ? I already have the Hobbywing USB link 3.1 on my laptop. When I open that it says an update has been found, should I just click on that ? sorry for all the questions Im crap at all this stuff !!
Old 02-16-2013, 05:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
Hi Ed, I clicked on the Hobbywing link, Do I need to down load the USB link software as well as the Version 3.2_121204 software ? I already have the Hobbywing USB link 3.1 on my laptop. When I open that it says an update has been found, should I just click on that ? sorry for all the questions Im crap at all this stuff !!
No Problems. Even though the software is saying there is an update (it will take it up to USB link 3.2, from 3.1), best to manually download it from the site. So grab it off the site. The USB link software is the Version 3.2_121204 software

There is a bit of confusion on the naming convention, and whats what, but this is what you need;

USB Software - V3.2_121204 which includes;
LCD Program box - V1.11_120331_V3
ESC - V3.1_121129_Beta

Regards
Ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.