Reversed Fail-Safe?

Old 02-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Reversed Fail-Safe?

Hey guys, i recently got a new servo for my revo since my old one fried. The new servo has reversed movement so i had to reverse the features on my transmitter. It seemed to work, but i just recognized the fail-safe wasn't reversed. If i turn off my transmitter, it would go full throttle instead of full break. Is there anything i could do to reverse the fail-safe or reverse the servo?
Thanks!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Most fail safe units require you to set them. You have to bind them to the radio to perform the operation you wish. Read the manual and reset it to apply full brake instead of full throttle.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Just as Jaz said, failsafe units "remember" the value of the signal (not brake position...) and if you have a reversed setup (linkages, reverse switch) youŽll get a reversed failsafe function (full throttle)

Same happened to me with several cars and 2.4GHz receivers. My 1/8 bike feature reversed 2nd channel due to the Ezrun esc installed, and one of my buggies have a reversed carb too.

I always mark a spot on the side of those receivers that have been bound for reversed throttle systems and do keep in mind when I need a receiver for a particular car/bike/esc.

I check the setup of each memory of my radio (I own an M11) and install the matching receiver to throttle normal/reversed (no spot/spot).

In case of no memory radio or no extra receivers, get an extra failsafe (cheapo compared with an extra receiver...) and mark that way in order to see which one you need to use for any car you got.

Hope this helps.

Cesar.