ESC & 9T@4300KV 3650M
Brushless Motor for
1/12,1/10 on-road racing
for experienced drivers

GENS ACE 5000mAh 40C 7.4V 98P-40C-5000-2S1P-HardCase-Direct 2 33.42
Hardcase Lipo Battery
Pack Roar Approved
(Direct Version)

Tell what you think im goin to use the stock motor till i get used to the car then ill put in the brushless

Last edited by oldirtmgirt; 01-26-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Check out hobbypartz.com and hobbyking.com, they have great deals on some good items. I recommend you pick up very basic components for your first car. Later down the road you will have a better understanding of what you want or need from the components, and you wont have so much invested that it will hurt to replace them with better stuff. If you try to buy fancy stuff now it may do more harm than good.

I suggest the Flysky GT3 radio, very basic and reliable, but also very cheap.
I also recommend starting with a couple of cheap Nimh packs and a basic charger for your car. Lipos are just as cheap and offer better performance, but your car is not equipped to handle them and they do require that you learn alot about them before use for safety reasons.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by burnineyes
Check out hobbypartz.com and hobbyking.com, they have great deals on some good items. I recommend you pick up very basic components for your first car. Later down the road you will have a better understanding of what you want or need from the components, and you wont have so much invested that it will hurt to replace them with better stuff. If you try to buy fancy stuff now it may do more harm than good.

I suggest the Flysky GT3 radio, very basic and reliable, but also very cheap.
I also recommend starting with a couple of cheap Nimh packs and a basic charger for your car. Lipos are just as cheap and offer better performance, but your car is not equipped to handle them and they do require that you learn alot about them before use for safety reasons.
Thanks alot for the advice! keep it comin in guys!
Old 01-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Rookie

what about these batteries guys?
GENS ACE 4000mah 2S1P 7.4V 25C Hard Case Lipo Battery ROAR Racing Approved (Direct)
Old 01-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Rookie

got some nice goodies check the original post for the parts an tell me what you think!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Looks nice, it should give you good performance for a long time. Just be careful running the lipo without a voltage cutoff, which is built into the brushless system but not the stock system.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by burnineyes
Looks nice, it should give you good performance for a long time. Just be careful running the lipo without a voltage cutoff, which is built into the brushless system but not the stock system.
Yeah i might get another esc? if thats what will do it lol
Old 07-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would consider a voltage cutoff mandatory with LiPos as they can go up in flames! Most ESCs support this now at all price levels. Also, I consider a balancing charger mandatory as well. Your batteries will last longer with fewer issues. They don't cost that much more either. Consider it cheap insurance as your house/car are at stake and anywhere else you are charging your batteries. Use a LiPo bag too. Most tracks require them.

I see this is an old thread... I hope you followed this advice before now!