Wiki Posts
Search

SPEKTRUM DX3C Steering Spring break!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Steering return-spring failure

Just fixed mine moments ago Mcguiver style. Looked all over town for something that resembles the spring with no luck at all. Ended up taking one of the wife's black hair elastics, cutting it about 1.5 inches and tied a really really tight slip knot into it. You can pull the one end in our out to adjust the 'tension' of your steering wheel. The black elastic has enough 'umph' on it to last a while from the looks of it.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anybody know the spring size or part number to reorder if needed?
Old 05-01-2013, 05:31 AM
Suspended

red I have called and asked . they would not give that info up.. best thing is go to a yard sale or garage sale find a old radio their ..also found a piece of the bands off a bungie cord work great
Old 05-17-2013, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mracer1
Was racing in my 2nd. heat when my 2 month old DX3c steering spring broke on my radio. Heard it go "ping", tried to finish the race, of course came in last...... Coming off the stand one guy said his DX3C had just done the same thing 3 weeks ago? Another pit guy in the pits offered to take the radio apart right there to see if he could fix it. Trouble is, you'd have to destroy all the decals to get at the screws to open it up and most likely find out that it couldn't be properly repaired......... Then you have a hacked radio and no warranty. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Did you send it back to horizon?. How long did it take to get it fixed?
tia
Mike
thread revival!
I had the same thing happen to me tonite. I spent and hour and half working on my DX3c transmitter, due to the spring breaking. luckily my dad found the spring, because it landed on the ground by my pit table. I had to peal the stickers off of the stupid thing, and there was only 15 screws took me 20 minutes of that hour to get the thing back together, I missed the entire 2nd round of qualifying. I still made the mains with the times I set in the first round though. I got hacked 3 times in 17.5 short course, and was leading in stadium truck, but a few mistakes and a couple lousy marshalls left me in 2nd. long night, long flipping night.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by amundorsx
Just fixed mine moments ago Mcguiver style. Looked all over town for something that resembles the spring with no luck at all. Ended up taking one of the wife's black hair elastics, cutting it about 1.5 inches and tied a really really tight slip knot into it. You can pull the one end in our out to adjust the 'tension' of your steering wheel. The black elastic has enough 'umph' on it to last a while from the looks of it.
the spring is TINY! the spring diameter is maybe 3mm, god knows the diameter of the coils themselves!
I'm calling spektrum on monday, they need to know about this issue! and maybe they can fix it!
Old 01-19-2014, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

dx3c, first time using it out of the box it broke, I fixed it cause I wanted to use it, re bent a new loop and loosened the tensioner. Broke the other side a month and some later.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:43 PM
Tech Initiate

There's about 8 of us that have the dx3c that I hangout with. All 8 have broken one by one. We all fixed them on our own but would never recommend this radio again. Every dx3c does this from what I've heard, read and now experienced. Too bad since its looks good, feels good and is a good value.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Yes, id have another for my son by now, but they cant even email me back or offer a spring
Old 01-22-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

In hopes that HH sees this thread... I had the same issue with my DX3C.

Ping.

Broken steering spring.

I fixed mine with a much beefier spring from an old 27 traxxas radio.

I actually prefer the tighter wheel tention now compared to my DX3S....

Here is to not tossing anything that "might come in handy" in the trash... that radio was collecting dust for years!!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Doubt it, they dont even look at thier emails, emailed a while ago and no response
Old 01-24-2014, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

in my case, the throttle spring has been broken. I bought it last year February. it has been almost 1 years, i think the spring should stand until it goes to garbage can...Anyway I could fix it with support Spectrum. but it need to be revised with long life spring.

It seems like there is a issue with the spring bending spot. it looks that fatigue accumlate that bent spot.

See the picture.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

My steering spring broke last night in the first lap of my qualifier. Now I feel stuck I have 6 cars with spectrum in them but dont want to buy a dx4s or r if they are going to brake springs after a year as well.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

my guess is that they have either written this off or worked it out as they now have the DX4C and can't imagine they would release another model with the same issue

I am torn deciding between a 4s and a 4c, decisions are hard
Old 02-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Have had 3 springs break on my 3r pro. Fixed it, and it broke again, got a new drop down wheel and that broke aswell. Had enough and switched to Airtronics.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

My DX4C spring broke tonight.... 7 weeks of owning it.

needless to say I'm friggin furious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.