Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree15Likes

New KO Propo Radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by george919
Ko Propo america said "Personal Preference" when I asked them why Tebo and King uses the old Eurus 10 and not the new KIY. I think it's because Tebo and King believe the receivers are more sturdy and no computer problems like the one Frank had. But Id rather want something that is new and improved.
Ok, that is not exactly what I said and you seem to have gotten it confused. It is personal preference is why they use the EX-10. They use the same receivers (KR-411FH) that the EX-10 Eurus uses with the RF-904FH module. They both use this module and the same receivers.

The EX-1 KIY uses the KR-411FH receivers so they use the same receivers.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
Ok, that is not exactly what I said and you seem to have gotten it confused. It is personal preference is why they use the EX-10. They use the same receivers (KR-411FH) that the EX-10 Eurus uses with the RF-904FH module. They both use this module and the same receivers.

The EX-1 KIY uses the KR-411FH receivers so they use the same receivers.
Sorry, I miss understood but was the throttle problem fixed on the version 2 of the Kiy because I want to get a ko propo but idk if I should get the ex-10 or the new Kiy.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Is this still the correct address to send parts in for repair?

KO PROPO America
2675 Junipero Ave, Ste 200
Signal Hill, CA 90755

Thanks
Old 05-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

george919-
The issue was not just a throttle issue it was bad pots that were installed from the manufacturer. There were a few of these that got out, but it has been resolved for a while now.

Breeze-
That is the correct address for items purchased in North America with a valid serial number for the EX-1 KIY. We ask that you call and verify your serial number for the KIY before sending it in for service if this is what you need work on.

It is probably better to call, sometimes issues can be resolved over the phone as in most cases with the KIY. Most people don't realize that you have to do the AdjustTH to calibrate the Grip Unit to the Master Unit or it will not operate correctly.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I just sent a unit back to Japan. It cost $13 to ship. So not really a big deal just a lot too travel time.

KO americia has always provided excellent service and only done what's necessary to return my equipment to its original working order. I have a jap radio only because I couldn't wait for the US release
Old 05-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default SHORT RANGE

What can cause a shorter range ?
I got a KR-411FH receiver and recently the range was drop down to about 100ft, I switch different receiver and its about the same. So I switch to EX10 and the range was little better. The receiver was always mount on the same location and never had a problem. I notice on the KIY binding menu there is a "General /French" mode and I was using the "General" mode which I think is stronger power also will the battery mode make a different (dry,ni-cd,lipo??)?
Somebody told me the ESC may cause the problem but there is no brown out. Just every once a while when the buggy reach the far left corner and it will lose the signal but once I get closer everything back to normal.
BTW the battery on the KIY, EX10 and the buggy are fully charge.
Thanks for any suggestion.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spu83
What can cause a shorter range ?
I got a KR-411FH receiver and recently the range was drop down to about 100ft, I switch different receiver and its about the same. So I switch to EX10 and the range was little better. The receiver was always mount on the same location and never had a problem. I notice on the KIY binding menu there is a "General /French" mode and I was using the "General" mode which I think is stronger power also will the battery mode make a different (dry,ni-cd,lipo??)?
Somebody told me the ESC may cause the problem but there is no brown out. Just every once a while when the buggy reach the far left corner and it will lose the signal but once I get closer everything back to normal.
BTW the battery on the KIY, EX10 and the buggy are fully charge.
Thanks for any suggestion.
Make sure that your antenna for the receiver is fully elevated and not damaged, cut, coiled or laying on a carbon or metal chassis. These things will shorten the range of the receiver.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
Make sure that your antenna for the receiver is fully elevated and not damaged, cut, coiled or laying on a carbon or metal chassis. These things will shorten the range of the receiver.
Only about 1.5 inches on the chassis and the rest stand straight up. The antenna never cut or coil up. I am going to try to swap the receiver from another buggy which never have a problem and try to rule out the equipment problem.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Does any body has a different option for the batteries on the EX-1??? I love my radio and not thinking about changing it, im using the energizer lithium but even with those im a little bit scared for the mains, i remember when i was a kid and had does TYCO rc cars the had a battery with this type of connection i wonder if ko can do some kind of contact connection with a rechargeable battery,
Old 05-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Open up the handle and solder on a jst connector and use the 900 may lips from tenergy. I took the shrink wrap off so it slides in a little easier. Now my radio will last an entire 3 day race weekend running 2 nitro and 1 e class. It's a very simple mod and very effective.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001BM...dir_mdp_mobile
Old 05-27-2013, 01:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is there anyone who switched from V1 to v2 and found it was better? if so, how was it better? Not sure wether to send radios into japan for upgrade, (shipping is about $60 from australia one way to japan) or wether the cost of shipping isn't worth the slight upgrade...

Last edited by narcotiks; 05-27-2013 at 06:35 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Open up the handle and solder on a jst connector and use the 900 may lips from tenergy. I took the shrink wrap off so it slides in a little easier. Now my radio will last an entire 3 day race weekend running 2 nitro and 1 e class. It's a very simple mod and very effective.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001BM...dir_mdp_mobile
Thanks! I really appreciate it!!
Old 06-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I am about to purchase a used unit of kiy from someone for quite a good price,$350 and it comes with the stick controller and lipo. But not sure what version it is. How do u differentiate between v1 and v2? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yahhoo
I am about to purchase a used unit of kiy from someone for quite a good price,$350 and it comes with the stick controller and lipo. But not sure what version it is. How do u differentiate between v1 and v2? Any help would be much appreciated.
It will say V2 when you turn it on if its a v2, it most likely isn't a v2 if the seller hasnt specified.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

KO Staff - any news on when the Version 3 will be released ? Details are on the KO Japan website, but nothing elsewhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.