HELP with Castle SCT Problems

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP with Castle SCT Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Rookie

I've just tried a Castle external BEC and it's exactly the same. Can't believe it! I don't think it's just because it's un-sensored as the delay and cogging is terrible. Much more than i would expect. Guess i'm just going to have to give up on these and get something else
Old 07-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Rookie

mine does the exact same thing man

I have an SC 10 the same motor

and tried rolling back the firmware

you can email castle for older versions I havent bothered yet

I feel your pain the sounds on take off throttle make it sound like your going to blow it up
Old 07-30-2011, 06:15 AM
Tech Rookie

I've actually bought 2 of the SCT Systems and me and my dad are going to race SC. So, both trucks and set ups are identical at the moment. I've narrowed the problem down to just one of the esc's. The other one and both the motors work great.

One of the ESC's gets really hot after 30 seconds up and down the road (with no body on) and only has about 60% of the power of the other one. And, it is really glitchy for about 25% of the throttle travel. I've tried the dodgy esc in both trucks with both motors and no matter which motor it's paired up with, it's got no power. And, BOTH esc setting are exactly the same.

I've emailed Castle a few times and they replied saying they think the problem is a poor quality battery. Which it isn't. I'm just waiting for Castle to get back to me again as i've asked for it to be replaced (or for me to pay the extra for a MMP). Although i'm really considering just getting a couple of Tekins soon. It sucks to have a couple of trucks built ready to go but not being able to use them
Old 07-30-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Castle Creatinos sidewinder 6900kv

I just installed a sidewinder 6900kv into my old xl-5 rustler. i plugged the battery in and i can get connection from the radio and i can turn front wheels but no power what so ever in the back wheels. Any suggestions on what i can do to fix this?
Old 07-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Sounds like you found your problem. I also have a MMP paired to the 1410 in my sc10. I'm running a savox 1257. Only real difference is I have airtronics radio. I have had no trouble with this setup.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by berry50
I've actually bought 2 of the SCT Systems and me and my dad are going to race SC. So, both trucks and set ups are identical at the moment. I've narrowed the problem down to just one of the esc's. The other one and both the motors work great.

One of the ESC's gets really hot after 30 seconds up and down the road (with no body on) and only has about 60% of the power of the other one. And, it is really glitchy for about 25% of the throttle travel. I've tried the dodgy esc in both trucks with both motors and no matter which motor it's paired up with, it's got no power. And, BOTH esc setting are exactly the same.

I've emailed Castle a few times and they replied saying they think the problem is a poor quality battery. Which it isn't. I'm just waiting for Castle to get back to me again as i've asked for it to be replaced (or for me to pay the extra for a MMP). Although i'm really considering just getting a couple of Tekins soon. It sucks to have a couple of trucks built ready to go but not being able to use them
Call castle they have amazing CS over the phone, mine was like this and I called. 2 weeks later I had a new ESC and motor arrive at my door with a prepaid package for returning the old one, the new one fixed the problem.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Makes me wary about these for the upcoming SC10 I'm going to build, but I've heard lots of good things about CC CS so that's promising

Seems MMP is hard to find without the combo. Im thinking the 2400kv could be a bit overkill for a SC10?
Old 07-31-2011, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Depends what voltage you plan to run

If you are racing on 2s the 2400 is not the right option

Plenty of other motors that work well on 2s

Cheers
Old 07-31-2011, 02:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by crusey_aus
Depends what voltage you plan to run

If you are racing on 2s the 2400 is not the right option

Plenty of other motors that work well on 2s

Cheers

I had planed on 2s yes, but I could bump it up for the 2400
Old 07-31-2011, 02:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
Call castle they have amazing CS over the phone, mine was like this and I called. 2 weeks later I had a new ESC and motor arrive at my door with a prepaid package for returning the old one, the new one fixed the problem.
I think i might have to. I'm in the UK with only a Mobile phone, so it'll be an expensive call
Old 07-31-2011, 08:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by berry50
I think i might have to. I'm in the UK with only a Mobile phone, so it'll be an expensive call
Or you could try to 'borrow' a "friends" Moblie

And by friend I mean someone you dislike
Old 07-31-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My son's SC10 did the same thing with a Sidewinder V2. The car would stutter, take off on it's own, cog, you name it. In his car theproblem was the way the wires were routed and the ESC's proximity to the RX. We moved some things around and moved the ESC away from the RX wires and the problem went away.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (78%+)

I ran a pack and a half yesterday. Had to go home due to exact problems described here. I boxed it up and sent it to castle today. Should I ask for thm to replace it with the mmpro?

Eric
Old 08-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If they offer you that option for a few bucks more definitely

Cheers
Old 08-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

im having the same sort of issues.

MMP, Tekin 550 4.5 Motor, Savox 1258 servo running in a sc10 4 x 4.

on throttle all is good... as soon as i steer it, the lot pretty much cuts out and i have not steering or throttle for a few seconds... you can hear the servo jittering and motor twitching.

All parts have had about 5 mins run time.

Has anyone found a cure?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.