Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
LRP SPX Zero Problems, please help! >

LRP SPX Zero Problems, please help!

LRP SPX Zero Problems, please help!

Old 05-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default LRP SPX Zero Problems, please help!

This is a reply on another thread, moved it hear to get more attention. AKA more opinions on the problem.

I am having issues. I got a Novak Ballistic 17.5 because my LRP x12 17.5 somehow smoked. Randomly one time turning on the esc the motor was sending a constant tone and smoked, turned it off right away. After that it ran fine but hot, like really hot in the end and started cogging. After hooking up the Novak the same thing happened with the tone but no smoke or burning smell. Now its cogging as bad as the LRP right away. All the cogging happens in low throttle or when i am letting off throttle, it seems to be fine in high throttle. I don't know what im doing wrong and it seems whatever settings i change on the esc it makes no difference. Something that seemed odd to me right away was with drag brake dissabled when i let off the throttle to neutral it would stop instantly, is this how it is meant to work. The only way i got the motor to spin down normal was by putting it in drag brake profile 1. This is when all the problems seemed to start. This is all new equipment bought within the last two weeks. I have had nothing but problems and am getting really frustrated. I just bought the truck and equipment to start racing again after being out of the hobby for a few years and am about to give up. If anyone could help i would be very appreciated.

P.S. Running suggested gearing by other racers right away 75 spur, 25/26 pinion. This should not be overgeared for a 17.5 motor.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

2 motors, same problem....contact LRP/AE sounds like an esc issue to me. Hard to say because I don't run LRP stuff though. And NO that's not who it should be with the drag brake off, it should spin pretty free..
Old 05-27-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Yea its almost like its breaking when i let off the throttle with drag brake off...i dont get it, and it has done it with both radios. I think it was a fluke with the first motor and now maybe the esc is donezo. Im thinkin of sending in the lrp stuff and getting a novak esc. Can anyone recommend a good stock class novak esc.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Non boosted stock class, GTB2. or Kinetic Spec, not sure if it's out yet.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by seakfr34k View Post
Yea its almost like its breaking when i let off the throttle with drag brake off...i dont get it, and it has done it with both radios. I think it was a fluke with the first motor and now maybe the esc is donezo. Im thinkin of sending in the lrp stuff and getting a novak esc. Can anyone recommend a good stock class novak esc.
If no Drag brake is set it sounds like you need to: RESET your controllers End Points and Trim along with any ABS or EXPO functions, A Hard reset or a new channel would be best, and recalibrate your ESC again. Definitely sounds like a control to esc settings issue.