Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
battery and esc connectors >

battery and esc connectors

battery and esc connectors

Old 04-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default battery and esc connectors

my son slash is cutting off in a run.at first i thought it was the esc but come to find out it is the connection to the battery.u can unplug the connection just a little and it will work better but still cuts off any help with my problem? i am runnin protek and deans connectors.could that be a problem do those connectors not play well together?do i just need to replace them with all the same name brand?
Old 04-28-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 203 (100%+)

what do you mean by if you unplug it a little and will work, my first thoughts are you have a 4mm connectors that go into the battery pack and from their it goes to deans, if this is so, you need to have SOLID 4mm bullet connectors to plug into the pack, as that other plug in is causing tons of heat inside of the battery, had this happen and read up on them, but hope its for a lipo pack and not nimh
Old 04-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Default bullet connectors

yes u r correct about the bullet connectors but what i mean about unplug them is where it connects into the esc from the battery via deans or protek connector it also does the same thing on my rx8 in my losi scte.they r the gens ace 5000mah 40c.i will look into the solid 4mm bullet connectors do u have a specific brand that u use? thanks for the help
Old 04-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 203 (100%+)

I have some on order from castle, but reading here and their, they talk about the bullet connectors not having enough surface area, and some have said if they have some "side" load on them they work OK, on my losi it does the same thing, but if I tuck the wires under the velcro it does not heat up or shut down, but they need to be solid 4mm
Old 04-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad View Post
I have some on order from castle, but reading here and their, they talk about the bullet connectors not having enough surface area, and some have said if they have some "side" load on them they work OK, on my losi it does the same thing, but if I tuck the wires under the velcro it does not heat up or shut down, but they need to be solid 4mm
thanks i will order some castle 4mm high amp connectors