Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARE ALL STOCK BURSHLESS MOTORS THE SAME

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Questions?? ARE ALL STOCK BURSHLESS MOTORS THE SAME

I am looking to get a BRCA approved 13.5T motor. With that in mind I looked on the list, and but for the LRP Nosram they all look about the same - yes I know the speed passion v3 has different solder tabs - but I see little/no difference.

Are they the same or not?????????????????
Old 03-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lohan
I am looking to get a BRCA approved 13.5T motor. With that in mind I looked on the list, and but for the LRP Nosram they all look about the same - yes I know the speed passion v3 has different solder tabs - but I see little/no difference.

with as much timing as you can run these days, i consider almost every motor of the same wind to be the same. some manufacturers put more timing in by default, some don't. the magnets are always crazy strong compared to old motors and every motor has bearings so its not like the stock motor wars of prior years. although i believe that top drivers for each motor company will have a faster motor than you can buy for various reasons the way it has always been.

if you are running blinky mode, you can probably find some speed but i run timing class so i have no idea how it works without adjusting the speedo.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

All motors require slightly different setups.... gearing, timing etc..

And although they may perform similarly, I have found the Duo3 to run pretty cool. I would look for a motor with decent cooling holes in the can so you can really push some air into it.

In saying that the usual suspects seem to be The Duo2/3 motors and SpeedPassion V3...

I would stick with what others at your track run. Being able to share setup info is very helpful
Old 03-28-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lohan

Some motors like the LRP and Nosram are the same motor sold under a different brand name. There are other examples like this but all motors are not the same.

Saying motors are the same is like saying all TCs are the same. They are built to the same set of rules but the end result will vary.