R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 03-16-2011, 05:14 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default reception problem with 1/8th buggy? help!

hey guys i have a lrp s8bx rtr buggy and it was going fine and all good and everything, but the other day when it went 10 or 15 metres away from me it just had a mind of its own and went crazy but then if i ran withing 10 metres or so it would be normal, whats the problem? also it isnt the crystals causei tried that, any help would be appreciated thanks

jack
marto1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
Tech Adept

not sure what kind of radio you have but here is some things to look for, if it is an am radio look for some metal clanging such as crab & brake linkage, clutch bell to spur gear the metal to metal contact can make a real nice glitch. hope this helps.
axle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marto1996 View Post
hey guys i have a lrp s8bx rtr buggy and it was going fine and all good and everything, but the other day when it went 10 or 15 metres away from me it just had a mind of its own and went crazy but then if i ran withing 10 metres or so it would be normal, whats the problem? also it isnt the crystals causei tried that, any help would be appreciated thanks

jack
Hi...
change the remote control,there is something wrong inside the main board,
and i prefer to use 2.4 remote control.
firaskakish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #4
Tech Adept

thanks heaps guys, any other help greatly appreciated
marto1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I got the same buggy and had a similar problem but its all good now, things to check are that your reciever and transmitter batteries are fully charged, make sure your aerial is FULLY up, 3/4 is not good enough, make sure you don't drive with a broken buggy aerial. It sounds obvious but it worked for me.
matcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:53 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic

It's already been eluded to, but be sure the aerial on the radio is at full length, as well as the one on the receiver. You should never cut the wire on the receiver because it's tuned for the frequency range. If you cut it, then you will certainly lose range, and it may cause some of the radio components to overheat from having to work too hard. Before you start checking anything, be sure you have fresh batteries for both the receiver AND transmitter.

They should be fresh. As a last resort, you should find someone that has a different pair of crystals to see if that's the problem (or their is local interference on your particular channel). If none of this works, you've eliminated all the easy-to-fix problems and it's probably going to require a new radio.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:51 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Have your wires neat and clean inside the RX box. All of mine are folded and wire tied and neatly placed in the box. You will/could get bad signals if wires are all over the place like a rat nest.
got_nitro is offline   Reply With Quote