Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Havoc Pro Cutting Out Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Because we have a couple of the Duo2s coming to us, I'll keep your offer in mind in case we need to do additional testing. I was sharing your radio response upthread with the Engineers and they are impressed with your collection!
I seem to go overboard on a lot of purchases... I just like to cover all of the bases

I have been a long time Novak customer and currently run a Goat 3S/Ballistic in my crawler, GTX in one of my RC12s, another Ballistic in a different RC12, a Rooster in my old RC10 and this Havok Pro in my TC4. I will most likely replace this DUO2 with another Ballistic since they are the most popular at our club (and faster than my current setup ) I have always been happy with your products so if you ever need any combos tested, let me know if I can help. The offer stands on the DUO2 as well, just let me know if you need it.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Rookie

i wish i seen this post eariler. I was having the same problem with my havoc pro, but mine went up in smoke and now it's going in the trash. I was also wondering since i smoked my esc do you think the motor is still go? or should i replace it.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pressuregauge
i wish i seen this post eariler. I was having the same problem with my havoc pro, but mine went up in smoke and now it's going in the trash. I was also wondering since i smoked my esc do you think the motor is still go? or should i replace it.
Send it to me and I'll get a new one from thier trade-in program motor should be ok but you never know, you'll have to try it. If it didn't get hot or let the majic smoke out it should be fine.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Company Representative

We are replacing all Havoc Pros with our much newer Havoc Pro SC controller:

TeamNovak Trade-In Program

Try your motor with a different esc. Hard to know if there is motor damage. Is the rotor in your motor fairly new? Weak/demagnetized rotor magnets can also be the cause of esc damage.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks i guess i will trade it in for a new havoc pro sc. I would try the motor out on a new esc but i would hate to have another esc go up in smoke. Is there another way to check if the motor is still good..sorry but im pretty new to the hobby
Old 12-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Company Representative

thanks i guess i will trade it in for a new havoc pro sc. I would try the motor out on a new esc but i would hate to have another esc go up in smoke. Is there another way to check if the motor is still good..sorry but im pretty new to the hobby
If you are planning to return your HP for replacement, you could include your motor and we can take a look at it for you. Be sure and fill out the form on the trade in page and write our tech guys a detailed note about your motor concerns and what you would like us to look for.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks will do
Old 12-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Try your motor with a different esc. Hard to know if there is motor damage. Is the rotor in your motor fairly new? Weak/demagnetized rotor magnets can also be the cause of esc damage.
I bought a havok pro/ ballistic 8.5 combo last Indoor season for a new Sc10ft build. I only got to run the one race day before I had to pack it in for the season. During that only run the esc would run intermittently. It would shut down the drive but steering and rx stayed on. All LEDs were correct with the settings. No fault LEDs. If you turned off the esc and restarted it might run for 5minutes or not drive at all. I since last year pulled the indoor trucks and found my esc woes still there. I since replaced the esc with a havok 3s and that works for now. Is this trade-in program still available and what is the cost to upgrade to the new esc? I looked at the chart and it says N\A?
Old 12-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

are you looking to replace the 3s or the Pro?

they no longer make the version of the Havoc Pro that you have. If you send it in they will "replace" it with the new Havoc Pro SC w/X-Drive for $69. Would be worth every penny..imo
Old 12-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default opinion restrained...

normally i would post something here about many rc'ers experiences with Novak's esc's......Simply, the easiest way to fix a Novak problem is to replace with a Hobbywing, LRP or Tekin amongst others.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I purchased a new havoc pro sc/8.5 motor/esc combo and a havoc pro sc by itself brand new from A main. Both worked fine, calibrated fine, everything seemed fine. About two packs in on the motor esc combo I started getting the locked rotor fault. So it went on the shelf until I could have it fixed. Then my other Havoc pro sc esc, with about two packs on it on a totally different motor, radio, chassis, battery etc. started having the rotor lock fault also. They didnt get run enough to even be dirty and are both DONE!! Im pretty dissapointed. My first time purchasing Novak by the way.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I had a few Havoc Pro's that did this "cut off". Now have a Havoc Pro with X drive and its wonderful. The upgrade program is still going for 69 dollar swap. Hope it stays active for a while, since I have one old Havoc pro that actually works well in my sons car.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daverobbo5
normally i would post something here about many rc'ers experiences with Novak's esc's......Simply, the easiest way to fix a Novak problem is to replace with a Hobbywing, LRP or Tekin amongst others.
It's looking like that is going to be the future. Won't run castle cause they can't seem to make a bec into their esc's but would love to sell you a stand alone bec, hobbywing stuff is always sold out. Tekin and lrp, Orion stuff is just outrageous in prices though. But that's what I went to with the SCTE (rx8, pro4) cause the Novak system wouldn't cut it anymore. Would like to try viper stuff but they need to make a sensored system.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I had the same issue with two of mine. Both times it was the sensorboard. You can use the built in hall effect sensor test to see if one of them is bad. Good luck.

Originally Posted by Jeauxkor
I purchased a new havoc pro sc/8.5 motor/esc combo and a havoc pro sc by itself brand new from A main. Both worked fine, calibrated fine, everything seemed fine. About two packs in on the motor esc combo I started getting the locked rotor fault. So it went on the shelf until I could have it fixed. Then my other Havoc pro sc esc, with about two packs on it on a totally different motor, radio, chassis, battery etc. started having the rotor lock fault also. They didnt get run enough to even be dirty and are both DONE!! Im pretty dissapointed. My first time purchasing Novak by the way.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Company Representative

Here is our current Trade-In program:

Trade-In Program

For technical assistance:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.