Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
standalone telemetry system? >

standalone telemetry system?

standalone telemetry system?

Old 09-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default standalone telemetry system?

Are there such things as these? like, a pick up in a car to send signals back to a standalone display, say mounted on a TX?

I'd like to be able to monitor battery voltage, and at least one but preferably two temperatures from my cars and boat live.. none too bothered about anything else but a tacho (rpm) would be nice for nitros

would have to be a relatively small pick up/sender as one of the vehicles is a Losi Mini-T pro 1/18 so space very limited.. trying to add functions to the upcoming flysky radio i'll be getting so i don't have to spend mad money on a spectrum then a ridiculous sum on rx's.. heard spectrum's telemetry wasn't very accurate anyway

must be cheap

have seen a Quanum system, but it's for planes - would this work for surface apps? any alternatives?
Old 09-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Good day!

Maybe this?

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM1300
Old 09-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

This is the one I've seen - would provide lipo info and a temp -

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...try_(1km_Range

This is stand alone, it has its own 2.4 linkup.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

yeah i think it'll have to be the Quanum system.. that's the one i saw as well, the one for planes.. wonder if it works on the surface.. the spektrum combos require spektrum radio (and a specific, not micro sized, expensive rx).. have to wait till it gets back in stock at HK though it's 2/3 the price to buy it there and have it shipped to the UK.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The top of the line in telemetry:

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Car/car.html
Old 09-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skree View Post
.. wonder if it works on the surface...

The ques is what data are you trying to capture? The Quanum is obviously aimed at the elec plane flying crowd, but if all you're interested in is current, lipo cell voltages, and a temp, I don't see any reason it wouldn't work in a surface rc.

The ET is the other option, but is much more expensive. If you don't have to have the data 'real time', consider an Eagle Tree onboard recorder and add a few extra sensors to it. I use one to measure volts, amps and watts in my electrics, but you can add temps (more than one) and RPM. You connect it to a PC after the run to anaylze whats going on in your setup.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

you could look at novaks website, they have a telemtry system that is kickass, think you can get them pretty cheap now to like under $100
Old 09-30-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ovalracer33 View Post
you could look at novaks website, they have a telemtry system that is kickass, think you can get them pretty cheap now to like under $100
Really? I want a link to that!

-Disjaukifa
Old 09-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have been using the Novak Sentry Data logger for a few years now and honestly I have never seen a system as complete and each to use at the Novak Sentry.

The computer program allows you to see all aspects of your car and gives you several different options, from graphs to spreadsheets to a play back of your run complete with gauges like a car.

Check it out HERE