Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Someone on here posted that they made their steering spring tighter. Anyone done this?
If so, how?
Old 03-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drsmooth
Someone on here posted that they made their steering spring tighter. Anyone done this?
If so, how?
I did this all i did was streatch it a very little bit so it would not shrink back all the way to it's original size but still needed to be streatched to put back on the holder and it worked great.
Also what makes these radios feel much better is used a thick grease like silicone grease and coat the steering components all of them that rub on each other when you turn the wheel put a coat of the grease also on the steering wheel shaft where you screw the wheel on it's bone dry where it rides on the plastic do this also,,,,, and coat all the springs with a coat and all the throttle trigger components... with a thick tacky grease the radio then feels as smooth as a airtronics!
Old 03-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks reptile. But how did you get to the spring? My problem is that there's not enough tension on the wheel. I like a little stiffer wheel.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Thanks reptile. But how did you get to the spring? My problem is that there's not enough tension on the wheel. I like a little stiffer wheel.
I made mine softer... you can get to the steering spring by peeling off the flysky sticker on the wheel extension part and there are 2 screws under it and then you can take the whole assembly apart.... one way you may be able to make it stiffer would be pop off the spring on one side and wind it up. on the spring end by turning it one full turn to make the spring compress more and when holding it so it don't unwind pop it back on the tab that holds it in place.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reptile
I did this all i did was streatch it a very little bit so it would not shrink back all the way to it's original size but still needed to be streatched to put back on the holder and it worked great.
Also what makes these radios feel much better is used a thick grease like silicone grease and coat the steering components all of them that rub on each other when you turn the wheel put a coat of the grease also on the steering wheel shaft where you screw the wheel on it's bone dry where it rides on the plastic do this also,,,,, and coat all the springs with a coat and all the throttle trigger components... with a thick tacky grease the radio then feels as smooth as a airtronics!

yup, after a couple tanks it starts to squeak a bit, bit of grease and its good to go.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I just received the Hobby King version of this radio. I like the looks and feel of it. Interesting notes: On the top of the box it says "Please read manual before operating" or something of that nature. I know a lot of people have been getting the FS radio with no manual at all. Sure enough, when I pulled the radio out, there was a printed manual included. It is a bit hard to read, it's the good old "Chinese English". Also of note it says on the box that the VRC software is included, but there was no CD in my box. I will be racing with this radio with 2 SC trucks this coming outdoor season, hopefully everything works out!
Old 03-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lappdawg27
I just received the Hobby King version of this radio. I like the looks and feel of it. Interesting notes: On the top of the box it says "Please read manual before operating" or something of that nature. I know a lot of people have been getting the FS radio with no manual at all. Sure enough, when I pulled the radio out, there was a printed manual included. It is a bit hard to read, it's the good old "Chinese English". Also of note it says on the box that the VRC software is included, but there was no CD in my box. I will be racing with this radio with 2 SC trucks this coming outdoor season, hopefully everything works out!
Are you sure you're talking about the same radio...I don't think HobbyKing sells this radio...maybe I'm wrong...it's happend once before.\

I'm going to check now

Just checked...I was wrong. They do sell it.
I guess that's the second time I've been wrong.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Well, I decided to put the old R-1 back in my cars. But before I did, I wanted to make sure that the backup battery was still ok. So I unpluged the main battery pack for a couple of seconds, & connected it back. Turned the radio back on & everything was as it should be. I figured if it crashed, at least my GT3B was already installed in everything.
So I put new ni-mh batteries in, and now we're good to go. I just feel like the very soft steering on the GT3B was throwing me off. So I'll try this setup Sunday to see if I'm right.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)

Originally Posted by Glenwyatt
Are you sure you're talking about the same radio...I don't think HobbyKing sells this radio...maybe I'm wrong...it's happend once before.\

I'm going to check now

Just checked...I was wrong. They do sell it.
I guess that's the second time I've been wrong.
Yeah, they have some mid and 3rd gens HK is selling. There going for 35.00 with some crazy bright green HK logos. Another group just picked them up as well and selling them under GT radios. Either way, their all good less that darn expo failing feature. But like we said, we don't even use it or need it with onroad. No big deal I didn't they sold them until one of our racers told me about the other two companies picking them up under different names.

Robert
TERC
Old 03-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)

If so, how?
Hello,

Ok, heres what we did, take the spring off, take and hold one side tightly with a GOOD pair of needlenose pliers. While doing such, grab the other side, use your fingers ONLY and twist the spring / winds to make it tighter. Put the spring back on, move the wheel back and for to relax the spring into position. It may make a little noise at first but it soon will go quiet as some of the guys here did.

Best of luck to a firmer wheel.
Robert
TERC
Old 03-05-2011, 04:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (90%+)

I've been mucking around with the crcuit board and I know a few methods of keeping thr backlight on all the time so you dint forget to turn it off. I'll just need to test it with for any prolong effects, heating up etc. I may also put up a tut for a different colour LED or adding LEDs to the screen.

And I will try to find out how to make the 3rd channel push switch into a 3 pos toggle.

Probs tomorrow night I'll put up pics. If nit then next week.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

HELP!
I worked on my steering & finally got the feel I was looking for. Only problem, it took several tries to accomplish this. Now the orange & black wires that go to the steering have broken off. Can someone tell me which terminal these solder to?
Many thanks.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

HELP!
I worked on my steering & finally got the feel I was looking for. Only problem, it took several tries to accomplish this. Now the orange & black wires that go to the steering have broken off. Can someone tell me which terminal these solder to?
Many thanks.

Not sure as all my work done, Red LED's, New Wheel and Steering spring has been performed by one of our racers in Florida. Sorry, just can't help on this one. Mine is all intacted up at the shop. Does anyone have theirs apart at this time to help out DRSmooth!

Robert
TERC
Old 03-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Figured it out. Or took a wild guess! The brown wire was still connected to the middle pin. So I figured that the orange & black were interchangeable. At least that's what I was hoping.
So I resoldered the brown to the center, and just clipped the other two to the outer pins. Turned the transmitter & car on and tested the direction of the steering. It was operating properly. Resoldered the wires and wah-lah!
Thanks for the reply teamedgerc. As for the steering tension, I couldn't do a thing with the spring. So I came up with another solution. I used an o-ring from a shock cap. I made a catch pin with a notch in the middle. Hooked the o-ring in the notch, then fed the other end of the o-ring thru a small opening in the back plate & hooked the upper hook.
Feels almost like my R-1 now.
So I installed the GT3B back into my 12th scale & will test it tomorrow.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Figured it out. Or took a wild guess! The brown wire was still connected to the middle pin. So I figured that the orange & black were interchangeable. At least that's what I was hoping.
So I resoldered the brown to the center, and just clipped the other two to the outer pins. Turned the transmitter & car on and tested the direction of the steering. It was operating properly. Resoldered the wires and wah-lah!
Thanks for the reply teamedgerc. As for the steering tension, I couldn't do a thing with the spring. So I came up with another solution. I used an o-ring from a shock cap. I made a catch pin with a notch in the middle. Hooked the o-ring in the notch, then fed the other end of the o-ring thru a small opening in the back plate & hooked the upper hook.
Feels almost like my R-1 now.
So I installed the GT3B back into my 12th scale & will test it tomorrow.

SWEEEEEEEET! Nice to hear all went well. Sorry I couldn't help out. I wasn't going to tell you something I had no clue about such as wiring. Either way, test it out and give us a detailed report. I can say, it most likely will be a positive one once you get it adjusted for your driving style. It took me a few days to get use to mine. Our karts drive very much like a pan car so if you need any help or suggestions, let me know.

Robert
TERC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.