Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 03:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi Guys

I have notcied that some have been blowing up some esc's especially v3 what we have uncovered when repairing the esc's is very poor solderingcreating shorts like hair thin shorts from one wire to another and some with shorts to the aluminum case from the rear of the solder posts .

I know alot of people are not soldering experts so i have decided that we will do the following and that is have the wires already soldered to the esc from factory and then you can solder to the motor etc yourself .

Im thinking along the lines of the xerun product as all black wiring for the motor with A ,B,C printing on the wiring so you dont make any mistakes when soldering .The battery wires will stay the same but with the printing of plus and minus on the wire .

what do you guys think ?

regards Angelo

I think in will be a good idea for those that cannot solder that well, however many including myself like to run the wire as neatly as possible and so would want to re-solder them in my own direction. Because of this can you make sure that the factory solder is not to high a temp. I have seen many people hold a lower watt soldering ironing on esc terminals far too long

Just my to penny's
Old 05-07-2012, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
There is nothing wrong with the posts, I soldered one up at the track yesterday in 10 mins. Warranty covers product faults, if people need to be taught a $200 dollar lesson to get their friend to solder their speedo then so be it. LRP ESCs are twice as hard to solder, I can't see them changing their design because people don't know their limits
+1....never had any issues with soldering the wires on any esc......have done a few in my time...even esc's that were not meant to have wires changed..
Old 05-07-2012, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

WOW... 3 pages of talks on soldering for a top of the line ESC.....

Personally, I couldn't give a damn what kind of posts are used so long as there are posts and not Mamba Max style wiring where the joints are hidden in the case.

Like someone else said earlier, if you can't solder take the thing to someone who can. If you don't know anyone who can, I don't see why you need this ESC coz it sure is not intended for use wherever you are......

And what about the additional costs incurred on pre soldering the wires? I hope we won't have to pay more for something we don't want. [ Actually I can't be less bothered coz I already got mine ;-) ]

Just my thoughts!

P/S: Have anyone done any extensive testing with 'Boost Curve' yet?
Old 05-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just ordered my Red V3 (Finally available in the US!) and noticed that its listed as "Limited edition" on Falcon Sekido's sight. There was never mention of any of the colors being limited production...is this true?
Old 05-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys

I have notcied that some have been blowing up some esc's especially v3 what we have uncovered when repairing the esc's is very poor solderingcreating shorts like hair thin shorts from one wire to another and some with shorts to the aluminum case from the rear of the solder posts .

I know alot of people are not soldering experts so i have decided that we will do the following and that is have the wires already soldered to the esc from factory and then you can solder to the motor etc yourself .

Im thinking along the lines of the xerun product as all black wiring for the motor with A ,B,C printing on the wiring so you dont make any mistakes when soldering .The battery wires will stay the same but with the printing of plus and minus on the wire .

what do you guys think ?

regards Angelo
I think when you buy the esc you have 2 options :-

1. without soldered wires
2. with soldered wires (obviously you pay a bit more for this one)
Old 05-07-2012, 03:46 PM
lip
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S.Stew
I completely disagree. There's a lot of reasons why wires might have to be soldered in different orientations. In my case, If the ESC were to ship with pre-soldered wires, I would without a doubt replace the wire and re-solder for my specific application.

IMO, If someone is buying a $230 ESC but won't buy a decent iron (or learn how to use it!) then maybe they should find a different hobby.

Also, not everyone likes black wire (including myself).
+1
Old 05-07-2012, 03:49 PM
lip
Tech Regular

After probably the most difficult time I've had trying to purchase something that is available (official rep for Hobbywing never answering emails, Canadian rep never answered repeated emails) I've finally purchased a V3 with motor and programmer from CRC...
Disappointed that I couldn't get a blue one and a bit shocked at the price but I'll finally have the supposed best esc around in my hands in a couple of weeks I believe...
Old 05-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lip
After probably the most difficult time I've had trying to purchase something that is available (official rep for Hobbywing never answering emails, Canadian rep never answered repeated emails) I've finally purchased a V3 with motor and programmer from CRC...
Disappointed that I couldn't get a blue one and a bit shocked at the price but I'll finally have the supposed best esc around in my hands in a couple of weeks I believe...
Falcon Sekido has the colored ones in stock.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Just ordered my Red V3 (Finally available in the US!) and noticed that its listed as "Limited edition" on Falcon Sekido's sight. There was never mention of any of the colors being limited production...is this true?
Not true maybe a marketing ploy but there is no limited edition
Old 05-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mcdoogle
I think when you buy the esc you have 2 options :-

1. without soldered wires
2. with soldered wires (obviously you pay a bit more for this one)
That wont happen its either one of the other and basically the without soldered wires is a warranty issue because what happens a customer who cant soldered shorts out the circuit then it is hobbywings fault you get what i mean .
Old 05-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lip
official rep for hobbywing not answering emails never received any emails to answer ? first of all the rep cannot do anything more than just lead you to the distributor which he did crc and now crc are in canada now as well .

Im glad you sorted your buy from crc happy racing
Old 05-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Not true maybe a marketing ploy but there is no limited edition
I think they mean limited stock.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:40 PM
lip
Tech Regular

official rep for hobbywing not answering emails never received any emails to answer ? first of all the rep cannot do anything more than just lead you to the distributor which he did crc and now crc are in canada now as well .

Im glad you sorted your buy from crc happy racing
1.The Canadian rep never answered any of my emails...
2. Falcon answered 1 of my emails and none of the followup questions(I needed to know cost of shipping to Canada and when one of the coloured escs were coming in stock)
3.CRC are not in Canada...Im having to pay extra for shipping to Canada

With the exception of CRC, it was a terrible buying experience...you need to have companies in North America who have customer service experience and can sell in volume, like amain, etc.......
Old 05-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by macdude
I think they mean limited stock.
Just thought it was curious. Don't care now though....red v3 in the mail...!!
Old 05-07-2012, 05:46 PM
lip
Tech Regular

Falcon Sekido has the colored ones in stock.
Yes but I had CRC bring in a motor for me and I felt I had to buy it through them...as well, the customer service from Falcon was terrible...they answered the initial email I had but none of the follow-up questions...if that is the type of customer support I can expect I have no interest in purchasing it from them....

I do wish hobbywing made their product more widely available...since I had no choice but to buy it in the US, Im going to get hosed now if there are any issues....one of the benefits of good support locally in north america with companies like Castle is that even if a problem happens, they really go the extra mile. I dont expect that with Hobbywing as they are not present here but at least I knew that going into it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.