Thunder Power Batteries let me down.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thunder Power Batteries let me down.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 05:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Thunder Power Batteries let me down.

I am totally bummed with a Thunder Power Lipo Pack that I just recently purchased.

After one RUN the battery had a short and started to catch on fire. I immediately stopped running my car and disconnected the battery. The battery is sitting on my porch because I don't want it to burn my house down.

What really bothers me is that not only does the 170 dollar battery not work but I emailed them with my warranty questions and they haven't responded to my claim. Bad customer service in my opinion.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ICrashed
I am totally bummed with a Thunder Power Lipo Pack that I just recently purchased.

After one RUN the battery had a short and started to catch on fire. I immediately stopped running my car and disconnected the battery. The battery is sitting on my porch because I don't want it to burn my house down.

What really bothers me is that not only does the 170 dollar battery not work but I emailed them with my warranty questions and they haven't responded to my claim. Bad customer service in my opinion.
How much time has passed since you emailed? Did you try calling them? How about the place you bought it?
Old 04-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

wow. how low did you run that pack? Do you have a LVC on your speedo?Overdischarging is probably the biggest reason for LiPo failure.

We've had nothing but great luck with TP lipos
Old 04-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

I still haven't heard back from them. I only ran the pack for about ten minutes. It was the "balancing" wires that shorted out. They started smoking, melted the balancing plug, and continued to arc until I separated the wires.

For such an expensive pack i really wish I would hear back from them. I am just unhappy with their customer service.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Nothing that I'm aware of says you can't keep calling them......have you filled out this and sent it in - thats what you're waiting to hear back from??

http://thunderpowerrc.com/rma.html
Old 04-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Just call them.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Person to contact at TP

I also had a problem with a Thunderpower 40C battery and had posted it on offroad back in January. I was able to get a quick response from Thunderpower by emailing Jim Skiinner, Jr. His email address is [email protected]. Try him, he's pretty prompt at responding; however, if the cells are not in stock it's up to you to keep bugging him as he will not update you. I have been waiting since January for a new pack at half price and wrote to him again recently. He is quick to respond to your email questions. Hope this helps!

Diane