Digital Servos!!

Reply

Old 02-08-2009, 09:49 PM
  #16  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (33)
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,820
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by drperry View Post
The stock servo in my 18MT was the same way...

And the Multiplex does NOT own the Hitec in color
seriously though it's awesome. Lightning fast with great torque for a mini. Feels like a high end 1/10th scale jr in a mini.
Jason Pelletier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:26 AM
  #17  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
drperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 1,222
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Oh definitely... I might be up grading soon!

Just gonna have to paint the case black
drperry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:14 AM
  #18  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hunterdon County, NJ
Posts: 33
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I have an RC18B, too, but I'm pretty new to all this. If I bought the Hitec HS-5065MG Digital Micro BB MG Universal Servo would I need anything else to make it work?

Last edited by SBwrx5; 06-17-2009 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Grammer
SBwrx5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:39 PM
  #19  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
drperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 1,222
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Nope! Don't need anything extra!

Just make sure to adjust your EPA properly, if you can... Digital servos are apparently more likely to cook when the EPA's aren't set right.
drperry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:04 AM
  #20  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hunterdon County, NJ
Posts: 33
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by drperry View Post
Nope! Don't need anything extra!

Just make sure to adjust your EPA properly, if you can... Digital servos are apparently more likely to cook when the EPA's aren't set right.
I'm told in another thread that I would need an Associated adapter, too. Is that true? Also, what EPA and how do I adjust it?
SBwrx5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:41 PM
  #21  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
drperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 1,222
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SBwrx5 View Post
I'm told in another thread that I would need an Associated adapter, too. Is that true? Also, what EPA and how do I adjust it?
You shouldn't need an adapter...

Depending on what brand you buy, you might have to trim a tab off the plug, but other than that, no worries...

EPA is your end point adjustment... It adjusts how far your servo can turn.

If you're using the stock XP2 radio, that little dial beside where your thumb sits, under the steering wheel, and behind the throttle controls how far your steering moves... Dial it back to take steering out.
drperry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:56 PM
  #22  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hunterdon County, NJ
Posts: 33
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by drperry View Post
You shouldn't need an adapter...

Depending on what brand you buy, you might have to trim a tab off the plug, but other than that, no worries...

EPA is your end point adjustment... It adjusts how far your servo can turn.

If you're using the stock XP2 radio, that little dial beside where your thumb sits, under the steering wheel, and behind the throttle controls how far your steering moves... Dial it back to take steering out.
Got it. Thanks.
SBwrx5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:05 PM
  #23  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
drperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 1,222
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

No problem!
Hope it works out for you!
drperry is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service