Wiki Posts
Search

Output Batt Connect Error??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Output Batt Connect Error??

I got a practically new 3S 3300mah ProTek lipo for my other tx - I'm already using one in my 3pk. I hooked it up to my 0610i charger last night following latest advice from Hyp - main power leads 1st, then balance connector. Soon as it gets to my input charging rate, I get beeping and a msg that says "output batt connect error" or something like that and charging stops.

I can charge it without the balancer connected - no probs, I can balance it without charging - no probs. I did both last night, but want it t act like its supposed to so I can charge and balance ast same time like I do with rest of my lipos.

When I try to charge/balance at same time, I get the error. Doesn't happpen with the other one of these I have. Anybody got idea what's going on??
Old 08-08-2008, 04:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

This ProTek lipo is for a 3pk tx - it uses a male servo lead as the main power lead. I was using the adapter I use on my Ice charger to charge it with my 0610iNet Hyperion charger- this is about 18" long and servo gauge, I guess 18 or smaller.

I was able to charge my 1st one of these batts but that was using v1.5 firmware. I have updated to v1.6 since then. When I tried to charge my orig 3S 3300 ProTek batt and got same error, I figured something was screwy. Looking in what passes for manual - this error meant the batt was not connected. So suspecting batt lead, I made another one using about 2" of servo lead and the 14ga lead with alligator clips. That worked - I also noticed the reported IR dropped from 397 to 137mohmm, so that servo lead had too much resistance, caused too much voltage drop for charger to tolerate and caused the error. I guess this is a safety related change in firmware v1.6.

I charged/balanced both tx batts last night.