Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
I loose signal or power to my servos, They Stop responding then work again ,,,  help >

I loose signal or power to my servos, They Stop responding then work again ,,, help

I loose signal or power to my servos, They Stop responding then work again ,,, help

Old 08-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default I loose signal or power to my servos, They Stop responding then work again ,,, help

Hi guys,

I am running a spectrum reciever/m11 combo
MBX5R
ace digital 1313 for throttle / Hitec titanium gear digital for steering

HT Batteries LIPO reciever pack
HT batteries 6v regulator

The problem just started out of nowhere. I had a HT Lipo reciever pack go bad so i replaced it with another one that i had for spare.

Now the servos will stop working inttermintently. They will work fine then all of a sudden just stop responding. Or they will be working fine and then start getting real slow. At first it would happen when it got far away but now it does it allot whether i am close or far. This all will happen with the car not running also.

Some remedies that i have allready tried:

I first swapped out the reciever and the transmitter module and used a brand new m11 reciever and module. Result was still the same. Servos would work then all of a sudden get slow or stop responding all together. So i assume its not a reciever or signal problem.

Next i swapped out the LIPO reciever pack and tried a charged 5 cell pack plugged straight into reciever (to eliminate the switch or regulater as the culprit) Result was still the same,

I cant figure this out.

Is one of my servos drawing to much power or could it be something else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Try testing with the car on the bench, engine off, radio system on... pull the plug on one servo test to see if the remaining servo works.. then the other... A single bad servo can cause you all sort of these problems..

Jerome
Old 08-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

i think i no whats happening there isnt enough power going to the reciever. this happens alot on spectrum u need a glitch buster. novak makes it and it plugs right into ur reciever and it gives it the power it needs spectrum also makes one
Old 08-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

am betting on the bad servo.....i run a lipo w regulator(the losi one)

i had the same issue with my car, throttle servo only...replaced the servo, and it works great....mine only did this with the throttle
Old 08-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi
am betting on the bad servo.....i run a lipo w regulator(the losi one)

i had the same issue with my car, throttle servo only...replaced the servo, and it works great....mine only did this with the throttle
yup. exactly same problem as mine last time...the THROTTLE servo!
btw, double check yr T/B linkages for any binding; else it'll burn-out yr servo and cause similar problems.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Tech Addict

I am going to address the servo issue when i get home tonight. I will post up whether or not that solves the probble. I have a feeling it is going to be the ACE throttle servo. I have had one go out before all ready Ill let you guys know. Thanks, Patrick
Old 08-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

Well I unpluged each servo one at a time. They both work fine until i get about 25 yards away and they each will start and stop responding as if it is loosing a signal. if it is within the 25 yards the servos work fine with no glitching. I tried each servo one at a time. I also took apart the reciever and the module to check the wires to assure they did not come loose or unsoldered. Everything looked fine. Is it possible something went wrong with the M11 Is there any thing else this could be ???????
Old 08-08-2008, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

mebi ur radio go into fail safe........
Old 08-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

how do i check the radio to see if it is going into failsafe. and how can i fix the problem if it is?