servo noisy; normal? >

servo noisy; normal?

servo noisy; normal?

Old 08-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default servo noisy; normal?

hi guys,
is it normal for the T/B servo to be making noise whenever u brake?

it's quiet when i throttle but it's noisy when braking. i've check the linkages and they're not binding at all... EPA is correct too (as minimum as i could go to stop the car! )

btw, i'm using the futaba bls451 servo.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I have that same servo, but I always thought it was a steering servo only. Doesnt seem like enough torque for a throttle servo. I could be wrong, but thats what I thought the BLS351 was, for T/B?
Old 08-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Champion

Take this with a grain of salt cause I'm no nitro guy. But when I was first looking at digitals the guys at my fairly large shop recommended against digital servos for brake/throttle. Reason being is the extra centering power of a digital servo, just becomes too much when braking, as the brake only goes so far. Then the servo tends to self destruct.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

All you have to do is program in your brake endpoints and then it wont wreck itself
Old 08-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jla8874
I have that same servo, but I always thought it was a steering servo only. Doesnt seem like enough torque for a throttle servo. I could be wrong, but thats what I thought the BLS351 was, for T/B?
not enough torque? u must be kidding me; it got 147oz-in (10.6kg.cm) at 6v; shld be enough rite?
451 is slightly faster at 0.10s compared to 351 at 0.12s, however 351 got 208oz-in (15kg.cm).
btw, 451 is cheaper...

u're using it for yr steering? does yr servo make noises while u turn yr steering when yr car is on the ground stationary? if it's off the ground. it'll not be noisy.

Last edited by NitroWD; 08-04-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dave H
Take this with a grain of salt cause I'm no nitro guy. But when I was first looking at digitals the guys at my fairly large shop recommended against digital servos for brake/throttle. Reason being is the extra centering power of a digital servo, just becomes too much when braking, as the brake only goes so far. Then the servo tends to self destruct.
if you're using those ultra-speed or high-speed settings on yr TX/RX; you'll need to use digital servos. else yr analog servos will burn-out. correct me if i'm wrong...
Old 08-05-2008, 02:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NitroWD
if you're using those ultra-speed or high-speed settings on yr TX/RX; you'll need to use digital servos. else yr analog servos will burn-out. correct me if i'm wrong...
Agreed. At least with a DX3R, can't use the fastest Frame Rate with analogs, even pretty fast analogs like KO FET jobs.