Wiki Posts
Search

Hobbywing ESC's

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Manatarms25
I would say very smooth, not as smooth as my LRP no. Smoother than my Mamba Max Pro was yes! Its runs sensored motors very well.
i like more of the linear feel tho is it good at that?
Old 09-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idrummerboy13
as he said and as I told u...for the money you wont go back...the throttle profiles give u all the options u need to where u like it. I never had a problem with LRP and if u have the money to blow then thats fine....personally Ive never burnt a HW esc but have seen many ppl have issues with their lrps and their customer service leaves more to be desired...arent you one of those people who burnt one? lol.

If I wanted to spend the cash believe me Id prob go LRP but the HW is very comparable in feel. Nothing other than the SP stuff comes close in feel. Plus its very tunable and easy to adjust on the fly track side. Its really cool stuff.

I use the HW motors as well... love the bullet connectors no matter what anyone says about that connection I feel NO DIFFERENCE!
Old 09-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

I think so, you have many options to play with to help establish that feel you want like Boost Timing, Turbo Open Time, Turbo Timing, Boost Start RPM, Turbo Open Delay, Boost Timing ACC, DDRS start mode etc.

I would try it, if for some reason you do not like it. some one on these forums would buy it back very quickly. Or for 50 bucks keep it as a back up for race day!
Old 09-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Here is a link to the programing box
http://www.hobbypartz.com/hobbywing-...ogram-box.html

Here is a link to the xerun 60a

http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-c-xerun-60a-sd.html

Here is a link to the xerun 120a

http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-c-xerun-120a-sd.html

Here is link to the newest firmware for the box and ESC's
http://www.hobbywing.com/english/Art...?ArticleID=463

Use the Code GENS10 and you get a extra 10% off

This installer contains the Spec Stock, Turbo Stock and Mod firmware. If you need help please feel free to PM me and I would be glad to help
Just a reminder the pics on Hobby Partz website are the older model xerun (its still upgradeable) but I have always received the new blue xerun 2.1 model
Also the program box will allow you to change the options that are available on the firmware you install. So if you are running the Turbo stock firmware you can adjust RPM boost, Turbo delay, Turbo Boost etc etc all on the programming box. If you are running a Mod firmware that has reduced options than the program box just skips that step. Its really very cool.
You sir and I do mean Sir, ARE THE MAN!!!!Thanks!!
Old 09-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

I use the HW motors as well... love the bullet connectors no matter what anyone says about that connection I feel NO DIFFERENCE!
I just ordered 2 of those.. UPS man is bringing them tomorrow.

They look sweet love the sensor wire location. That will save alot of wires for me

You sir and I do mean Sir, ARE THE MAN!!!!Thanks!!
No Problem, PM me if you need help with anything
Old 09-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
as he said and as I told u...for the money you wont go back...the throttle profiles give u all the options u need to where u like it. I never had a problem with LRP and if u have the money to blow then thats fine....personally Ive never burnt a HW esc but have seen many ppl have issues with their lrps and their customer service leaves more to be desired...arent you one of those people who burnt one? lol.

If I wanted to spend the cash believe me Id prob go LRP but the HW is very comparable in feel. Nothing other than the SP stuff comes close in feel. Plus its very tunable and easy to adjust on the fly track side. Its really cool stuff.

I think so, you have many options to play with to help establish that feel you want like Boost Timing, Turbo Open Time, Turbo Timing, Boost Start RPM, Turbo Open Delay, Boost Timing ACC, DDRS start mode etc.

I would try it, if for some reason you do not like it. some one on these forums would buy it back very quickly. Or for 50 bucks keep it as a back up for race day!
alright so i will most likely buy one at this point but im sticking with the novak 10.5. do i need the programming box or the stock card they give u is alright?
Old 09-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

alright so i will most likely buy one at this point but im sticking with the novak 10.5. do i need the programming box or the stock card they give u is alright?
Just ordering the ESC comes with no card. The stock program card that comes with the cheaper combos will not allow you to update the firmware and give you all the "turbo" options.

Spend the $17 bucks and get the advanced program box and you will not have to reference a manual all the time. Its a nice LCD screen that is back light and tells you every option and lets you change the values

Here is a quick video of some of the options of the firmware he has installed. Remember this changes and is based on the firmware your controller runs. Mine actually has more options than this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_I2A...eature=related
Old 09-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Just ordering the ESC comes with no card. The stock program card that comes with the cheaper combos will not allow you to update the firmware and give you all the "turbo" options.

Spend the $17 bucks and get the advanced program box and you will not have to reference a manual all the time. Its a nice LCD screen that is back light and tells you every option and lets you change the values

Here is a quick video of some of the options of the firmware he has installed. Remember this changes and is based on the firmware your controller runs. Mine actually has more options than this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_I2A...eature=related
alright, isnt this essentially the new orion speedo?
Old 09-02-2011, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

alright, isnt this essentially the new orion speedo?
No.. Hobbywing does produce ESC's for Speed Passion/Team Orion but they are slow to release the newest model under the Hobbywing logo. I am sure its a agreement they have with SP/Orion
We keep hearing about a new Xerun 3.0 coming ? Maybe that will be like the R10 ? Who knows.

But... what we do know is that the newest firmware they released for the xerun gives you the programming options of the newest SP/Orion ESC's, So in a nutshell its close.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

According to the hobbywing guy on the onroad forum, the case is similar on the orion but the new hobbywing will have newer updated hardware.

Hobbywing are supposed to be the first to release the new speedcontrol in its proper spec
Old 09-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TeamWTF
According to the hobbywing guy on the onroad forum, the case is similar on the orion but the new hobbywing will have newer updated hardware.

Hobbywing are supposed to be the first to release the new speedcontrol in its proper spec
Good info Yeah Angelo is awesome and has helped me alot before with the Ezrun series.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Good info Yeah Angelo is awesome and has helped me alot before with the Ezrun series.
Sup Manatarms25, I just ordered one and it should be here today (going to order one or two more as well in the near future)... What settings on the esc and gearing do you recommend for my FT SC10, gonna be running in superstock 13.5 class??????????? Thanks
Old 09-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Sup Manatarms25, I just ordered one and it should be here today (going to order one or two more as well in the near future)... What settings on the esc and gearing do you recommend for my FT SC10, gonna be running in superstock 13.5 class??????????? Thanks
If you are going to use the turbo mode you might want to drop a couple teeth

I have mine set at 24 degrees and 7000 RPM and .3 sec delay. The rest of mine is stock settings
Old 09-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Fits nicely in my new toy

Old 09-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Fits nicely in my new toy

did u buy that version of hobbypartz?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.