Wiki Posts
Search

Hobbywing ESC's

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lutach
Ed,

I helped HW a lot and was the first one to ask them to make a car ESC, but at the time they had no plans for one. I gave them a few ideas and they used them and the last idea I gave them was for the new programmer they have. Now the bad part is that I got nothing from HW eccept for the one Xerun 120A. Oh well that's life, but at least I know I had something to do with the ESC. I'll soon be coming out with some things .
Thanks for replay Lutach,
We wait and see wat's next.
Good luck
See eh

Ed
Old 05-19-2009, 03:16 AM
Tech Initiate

i use de ezrun 150A, in a rc8..

whit lipos 3S and 4S.. no problem, very stable and a good performace
Old 05-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lutach
Ed,

I helped HW a lot and was the first one to ask them to make a car ESC, but at the time they had no plans for one. I gave them a few ideas and they used them and the last idea I gave them was for the new programmer they have. Now the bad part is that I got nothing from HW eccept for the one Xerun 120A. Oh well that's life, but at least I know I had something to do with the ESC. I'll soon be coming out with some things .
Hi, Lutach

I've run with the XERUN 120A at Heemstede,the Netherlands and after a few
adjustments such as ESC timing to 26degr and push at the highest pointi've stated my run with a full loaded IP5000 30C 2S lipo and the first thing wat happend is wen I pull the trottle I said to myself this gives more power than
I have ever see with my LRP tc spec, very remarkeable is the ESC temp, 43 degr.C was the highest i can get while the motor temp was 82degr.C SP4.0t).
After my first run I decided to set the ESC a little bit smooth, after that the car's handling was better and I left it that way (punch 4 and timing 22degr)
After 103 laps i was satisfied and the ESC is doing well the hole evening.
This quality i've never seeing before and I went home very satisfied.
After this my friends say to me your car is going like crazy, specially after the first run, and I show them how easy it is to set the adjustments with the programmer card.

If the principles where your idea's I must say YGM and I thank you for this.

Thanks
Old 05-21-2009, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

The Hobbywing Xerun 120amp is the best value for performance esc available !!!
Old 05-29-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just a note to all who's using Hobbywing's 1/8 ESCs. Do not use a sensored motor on the ESC. It'll most likely fry the ESC. Had a frd try my Tekin RX8 motor on his 150A ESC. Fried his ESC. Got a reply fm HB themselves asking him not to use a sensored motor. Something abt the ESC still not able to support.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by adrictan
Just a note to all who's using Hobbywing's 1/8 ESCs. Do not use a sensored motor on the ESC. It'll most likely fry the ESC. Had a frd try my Tekin RX8 motor on his 150A ESC. Fried his ESC. Got a reply fm HB themselves asking him not to use a sensored motor. Something abt the ESC still not able to support.
Hi,
The technical differences between a sensored motor and not sensored motor. the only thing is the HALL sensors beeing added.
Those sensors has nothing to do with the motor at all, the give only the position of the rotor(magnet) to the ESC, if you have a sensorless ESC then you cannot plug in the sensor cable, and the motor behave is like the sensorless motor as delivered on some combokits.
Please post the message of HB, maybe we can learn some.

Thanks
Ed
Old 05-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Reply from HB:

Sorry for not replying the mail in time. We tested a slotless sensored motor with our ESC and we do find some problems, the motor became very hot and hardly to run. So please don't use sensored mode until we find the suitable parameters for this application.

Thanks! Happy DuanWu festival!       
Jack Zhang
Hobbywing Technology Co.,Ltd
Old 06-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by adrictan
Reply from HB:

Sorry for not replying the mail in time. We tested a slotless sensored motor with our ESC and we do find some problems, the motor became very hot and hardly to run. So please don't use sensored mode until we find the suitable parameters for this application.

Thanks! Happy DuanWu festival!       
Jack Zhang
Hobbywing Technology Co.,Ltd
Thanks, your right about the warning, this is probably software mistake
in de ESC

Thanks
Old 06-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Default EZ run 35a w 9t

I put this combo in 2 offroad 1:10 scale cars. The first was an old Losi Jrxt, weight about 3.5lbs and it worked very well. The old gears didn't hold up so well. the ball diff. melted during my second run. So for fun I dropped it in my 1980's Tamiya Frog. Now this is a fun combo. This thing really lives up to its name now. Perfect match power to weight, the esc is totally cool after 20min running. The motor is warm but I can hold my hand on it as long as I want so its not too hot. I've only tried with 6 cells so far and its plenty of power. If someone can point me to a good replacement fan I'll try 7 or 8 cells just for kicks. But I really like the combo. I have a Novak HV in my emaxx and the EZ is just as smooth, low end throttle control is great. brakes are great. I got my set up from ecpower in HK and they shipped quick $75 for the 3 in one combo. Can't be beat for a small 1:10 off road. I've got to get someone to film the Frog, this thing has new life.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default For 2wd buggy racing

I've used both the 35a & 60a versions for racing 2wd buggies. Both seemd to work well in my xxx-cr. Only reason I got the 60a was so I could remove the fan for a better fit in the car. 60a does get warm after 5 min heats but never too bad. Running a 13.5t novak (gets very warm). Only differences with other cars I've noticed is my low-speed control can be fairly twitchy, and a very slight delay when punching the throttle. I'm guessing cause it's sensorless esc with sensored motor. But hey, I came 2nd in the B-mains - not too shabby.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Nevermind...I found the answers to all my questions in an ebay listing. Looks like I'll have a 60A EZ-Run in my B4 soon....Can't wait!

Last edited by crazy4wdracer; 06-27-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:43 AM
Tech Master

Looking at getting a Losi xxx-4 G+ or similar and for racing would I be better to get 35 or 60 amp ecu? as 35 a lot cheaper but is motor better with 60 amp ecu?
Thanks.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malcnz
Looking at getting a Losi xxx-4 G+ or similar and for racing would I be better to get 35 or 60 amp ecu? as 35 a lot cheaper but is motor better with 60 amp ecu?
Thanks.
I run the 60A in my XXX4 G+ with a 8.5T motor. It works great, there is no problem with the fan clearing the body either (mounted behind the motor) It works GREAT! I placed 3rd in our A-main the other night. I wish a I had a hotter motor, something like a 6.5t, or 5.5t(5.5t motor is the limit of the 60A) would be better. I'm getting rocked on the straights by the guys using Novak 5.5T's but other than that it's smooth as silk, plus you get the program card and everything. I love mine! I have a ton of people asking me what I'm running, and they look at me weird when I tell them.... followed by a ton of questions and even a few people that want to do some test drives.

Jay
Old 07-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pyro18t
I run the 60A in my XXX4 G+ with a 8.5T motor. It works great, there is no problem with the fan clearing the body either (mounted behind the motor) It works GREAT! I placed 3rd in our A-main the other night. I wish a I had a hotter motor, something like a 6.5t, or 5.5t(5.5t motor is the limit of the 60A) would be better. I'm getting rocked on the straights by the guys using Novak 5.5T's but other than that it's smooth as silk, plus you get the program card and everything. I love mine! I have a ton of people asking me what I'm running, and they look at me weird when I tell them.... followed by a ton of questions and even a few people that want to do some test drives.

Jay
Awesome thanks for that..have their system in my 18th and has been great so will most likely order the 8.5 system.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would order the 5.5T combo if I was you, the 8.5T is good for the 4wd, but I think I'm going to need more top speed down the straights. Either way get the 60A esc, this way you KNOW it's going to be able to handle what ever you need.

Jay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.