Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Stripping and burning up servos >

Stripping and burning up servos

Stripping and burning up servos

Old 06-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Stripping and burning up servos

I have a 8ight T with a M8 with a spektrum module / reciever and I have gone through 3 throttle servos. I will turn it on and the servo will go to full lock wide open and burn up or strip out the servo. Does this sound like a reciever problem? Has anyone else had this problem? The servo worked fine in the 10 minute race I had just ran. This same thing has happened 2 times before.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

to me it sounds like a spektrum failsafe problem, or your not setting up the servo on your 8ight properly. People seem to have problems with the 8ight blowing throttle servos and its all user error most blame it on the car. I'd reset your failsafe and check the losi throttle servo addendum and see if that solves your problems.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Thanks for the info. I will set the reciever up again. I wasn't blaming it on the truck because the truck was not on the track running when they messed up.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Arrow

If your using spektrum servos then i can understand. Spektrum servos are the worst. They should never be allowed to sell them
Originally Posted by Chill_Will View Post
Thanks for the info. I will set the reciever up again. I wasn't blaming it on the truck because the truck was not on the track running when they messed up.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
If your using spektrum servos then i can understand. Spektrum servos are the worst. They should never be allowed to sell them
Spektrum servos are just rebadged JR servos. The ones that come with the radio are nearly useless in a truggy, not because of quality but because they are way underpowered to do the job. They are the Z590m and Z290m neither are useful for steering and the 590 is only barely useful on throttle.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

make sure you have some rubber grommets on the screw downs on that servo as well, it will offer some protection(play) for a servo that goes to full tilt, also make sure your epa settings are right o your radio so you dont over exert your servo for BRAKE and Power.

relearn your failsafe with half throttle!