Wiki Posts
Search

Eagle View Aereals Light Contorller Switch-Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Eagle View Aereals Light Contorller Switch-Review

so last night i got some time and sat down with the controller, react, set of CBE head lights and tail lights.

followed Diag. #2 for separate battery as outlined in the nicely detailed instructions. I jerry rigged a few of the connections for temp setup on my desk.

started to go thru the programming setup. after some adjustments on the React. was able to get everything to work in the Program mode, but when i swapped to run mod, i got nothing.

i tried for a few hrs making adjustments to the React 3rd and 4th channel, making step adjustments, ana/digi servo adjustments EPA adjustments and i could only get it to work once i had it programmed, but as soon as i put it in run mode, notta. so i stopped for the night.

got up this am. and put a charge on my 3 battery's for the tests (stock rx pack, 2nd battery pack for the lights, and React pack). charged the 2nd battery pack (it was pretty low last night) and hooked it all up again, and set the React up as i thought it would need to be to properly work. once i had the light board programmed, all was working as it should in the Program mode. ok Time for the truth. powered it all off and switched to run mode. powered it all back on and Voilą. headlights on/off and brake lights come on at programmed position on programmed switches.

ALL is working fine. i even unhooked it all so i had the light board totally unhooked from the battery's, the RX and the lights.
re connected it back into the loop. powered it up and all is working fine, even after a full power down.

ima say this is a Winner. I think the production models will be good to go! Im not sure if they will be coming with end connectors, or if you have to solder them on to the leads. having regular JR type connectors on the light leads would simplify the install on the end users install, as not all can solder, but im unsure what Paul plans to do here. Im sure once he see my Post, he will kindly answer all your questions.

IMHO< Great work!!! once the React was properly set up, the controller is working very well.

i think some of the reason i was having issues last night going to the Run mode was due to the low power on the 2nd battery pack i was using (5cell hump pack for a 1/8th nitro. is a MDP 1400 nimh pack, but plan on using a bigger Mah Pack or lipo setup once installed into the Baja.)

when this bat pack was low, and i hit the brakes the headlights dimmed or blinked dimly, but that was last night. today they are on and solid when the brakes are on, so again low battery pack i think was the cause.

After conversing with Paul, he explained how that is a function of the light controller to signify a low battery. SO as i had it setup, using a 2nd battery, they lights would get dim/blink when my light system battery was low. if you are using split power from your regular RX battery, then this should indicate that battery is in need of a Recharge. Very cool function!!!!!!

I have posted a How To on programming the React for this Controller, though i suspect it should work with most any other controllers available. IF you do indeed have a problem programming the React, please feel free to email or pm me about the REACT setup and use.

i will be adding a Full Pic Tutorial and also making a video very soon to be added.

IMO, if your looking for Realism and functionality in a light controller, this is a very very cool unit from Paul at Eagle View. Cant wait to see the other goodies he comes up with, and get this kit fully installed to my flavor on the Baja.

Great Job man!

Timmahh