Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Micro Spektrum Receiver >

Micro Spektrum Receiver

Micro Spektrum Receiver

Old 06-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Micro Spektrum Receiver

Has anyone had issues with glitching with the Spektrum micro receiver (the one with the short antenna)? I have had no issues in my touring car, but when mounted in my truggy there was obvious glitching. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-Kane
Old 06-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

I've been running it in my 8 buggy for a few months with no issues.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

Well Kane-o you've seen my car,, I thought I saw a couple
of twitch's mth's ago at 1st fire-up but nothing since.
Wrapped up in 1/4'' foam and tape, still fit's Best in the S3
Even got it damp ,,abussed it un-sure about binding plug,
tried to run a wet shorting servo over and over, etc'
still not a glitch
Old 06-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had problems with the Spectrum set only when my electronics fail me...try to isolate or try different battery and servos...works for me and a couple of my friends at the track.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Thanks gentleman. Unfortunately I have a big race this weekend and don't have much time to fool around with it so I chose to order another Spektrum Pro standard size Rx.

Neil, I find it is hit and miss. The throttle servo will get twitchy and then it will seem to resolve itself. I just don't trust my expensive motor to that receiver. I am thinking maybe it is becasue of the metal to metal contact on the brakes. Thanks for the help.
-Kane
Old 06-27-2007, 09:54 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Neil, I find it is hit and miss. The throttle servo will get twitchy and then it will seem to resolve itself. I just don't trust my expensive motor to that receiver. I am thinking maybe it is becasue of the metal to metal contact on the brakes. Thanks for the help.
Mine acted similar. Just the throttle servo will twitch, and sometimes glitch. I will pull throttle or brake, and there will be a burst in the direction, back to neutral, and then back to where the input of the radio is telling it to go. Very annoying. Went back to the full size Rx, no issue. Put the micro in a touring car and it worked fine, moved it to a different 1/8 buggy and then is started glitching again just on the throttle. Mine does it with the engine off, but it gets worse when the engine is running.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

are any of you using a capacitor plugged into the receiver? on 8th scale the servos can draw quite a lot of power and have seen the spektrum recievers get starved for just a moment which will reset it and will cause something very much like your discussing.

i suggest you get the Spektrum Power Capacitor or make one from just about any ESC capacitor and plug it into the receiver. This will store enough power to cover the voltage drop momentarily.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

I do indeed have a capacitor that I use in my 12th scale, and this does sound like the most likely problem. Unfortunately, I have nowhere to plug it in after the transponder, servos, and battery are plugged in.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Y harness man, just split it with your transponder.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocketron
are any of you using a capacitor plugged into the receiver? on 8th scale the servos can draw quite a lot of power and have seen the spektrum recievers get starved for just a moment which will reset it and will cause something very much like your discussing.

i suggest you get the Spektrum Power Capacitor or make one from just about any ESC capacitor and plug it into the receiver. This will store enough power to cover the voltage drop momentarily.
Maybe this will work, cause I have burnt 2 metal geared servos in my Hyper ST's throttle.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone else having an issue with this RX (the 3500)?? I have on that I picked up used. Ran 1 qual heat in my slash with it working great. went to run 2nd qual and it had dropped all range. now it only works to 10-15 feet. then totaly drops out. Any idea's??
Old 02-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I have used the dx3r since it came out without issues. With the 3520 recievers I would keep the antenna inside the radio box just making sure it did not cross itself and I never had any issues. It's a solid system. I ran it in an 8b, 8t, slash and b3 buggy. They all ran perfect. I always wrapped the reciever with foam and made sure it was well protected.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have 2 DX3S's and 1 DX2 (and 1 DX6i but thats irrelevent) in my Spektrum fleet. I have no issues out of any of these radios. The ONLY problem I have is short range with an sr3500 rx.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I am having the same problem, has anyone resolve this issue yet!
Old 07-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kane-o
Thanks gentleman. Unfortunately I have a big race this weekend and don't have much time to fool around with it so I chose to order another Spektrum Pro standard size Rx.

-Kane
Good move the sr3100 is the way to go, I was told by spektrum that the 3500 is not reccomended for 1/8th scale and the replaced 2 of them for free a year ago.