Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Tekin New Speedos

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

How about letting the product to be released and reviewed before picking it apart? Or is being an armchair expert on something isn't even released that exciting? If you don't like the product just don't buy it. No product is a fit everyone.

For the rest of us Tekin offers a package that isn't available on the market. I really do need the smaller footprint and would like to try the sensorless option. Mamba is big, while great for trucks fitting it on 4wd buggy and TCs is a PITA. It also only offers 5.0v bec, adding an external BEC would mean even more space. I didn't pay $100+ for a servo to get anything than full specs.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

wow, I think you totally misinterpreted the discussion.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So if people have any doubts or concerns about a product, they should just shut up and move on to make room for fanboys?
Old 04-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The controller could be very very good - take the experience of the Castle hardware guys, improved software to run Wye wind motors and then add in Tekin experience that gives the controller car specific features that people want such as a 6 volt BEC, smaller size, easier programming etc.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Doubts yes. Anything can fail. What we hear now are mostly made by the marketing department anyways. But how valid is your opinion when you haven't even seen the product and just continue to bag it? So if castles can't do then that means xxx company has no chance of doing it?

As for fanbois. This will be the first Tekin product I will buy. Never owned or even wanted to own a Tekin branded product before. Yea I'm a Tekin Fanboi alright.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by secretsg
Doubts yes. Anything can fail. What we hear now are mostly made by the marketing department anyways. But how valid is your opinion when you haven't even seen the product and just continue to bag it? So if castles can't do then that means xxx company has no chance of doing it?

As for fanbois. This will be the first Tekin product I will buy. Never owned or even wanted to own a Tekin branded product before. Yea I'm a Tekin Fanboi alright.
Dude, keep up with the thread. Ty (from Tekin) said they were working on trying to get it to work. So how is our "opinion" not valid.

Fact: It doesnt seem to work with Novak motors at the moment
Fact: Many clubs only allow Novak motors

Thus the reason for our concern. We want to use the product but if we cant then we cant.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Last time I checked this is called sarcasm. Not constructive criticism.

Originally Posted by or8ital
Companies like Mamba havent figured out how to do it yet so we are cautiously optimistic.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Team Tekin

That depends on your definition of "work." Yes we can drive them, I have personally, it's just not perfect yet. But very close, I'm impressed so far. We like perfection, that way, when you buy the product and use it with something we say it can do, it will. It has been said before, but we don't want the customer to be the guinea pig for the product.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by secretsg
Last time I checked this is called sarcasm. Not constructive criticism.
Last I checked a bunch of people were waiting on a firmware update for their Mambas to fix the cogging issue with sensored motors. They have known about the issue for months and havent been able to fix it. So Im cautiously optimistic that Tekin can resolve a similar issue. Not sure how that is sarcasm.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

fact: the world does carry on outside of the USA and most clubs in Europe do not restrict to Novak motors. The issue is making complete sense of the feedback from the motor. The big issue realy, is that the companies who have gone sensored, are realy binding you in to run their motors in a sense.

Don't forget, like CC, the Tekin will be updatable from your pc, so as an when a motor is released that causes an issue, it can be resolved.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
The big issue realy, is that the companies who have gone sensored, are realy binding you in to run their motors in a sense.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Champion

I disagree, the big issue is that we dont have a spec for a brushless motor yet so clubs are left to decide for themselves and in the absense of a spec they just choose one motor. Once there is a spec and clubs allow all motors running that spec then there wont be an issue. If you have a particular ESC run the motor that is meant for that ESC. I agree, outside of spec racing this isnt an issue because you can just run the redline motors.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

No, what was meant is that whilst you have a closed lood sensored system, you can make it pretty awkward for other companies to read what your motor is doing, and will ALWAYS work best with their ESC.

Imagine with your Checkpoint 19t motor, and would only work it's best with, say a Novak ESC, that wouldn't be right. This is where sensorless is better as it is always easier to read what the motor is doing.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

So Tekin is adding a sensor wire to their redline motors for Novak to work with them? <-- that is sarcasm. Its just the reality that we are in with brushless. As it stands now sensorless escs dont work well with sensored motors and vice versa. Sensorless ESC stand a better chance if they can figure out sensorless motors. Then they wont be limited whereas a sensored ESC will never be able to run a sensorless motor.

My guess is that sensored brushless makes things a lot easier on the esc side but more difficult on the motor side where sensorless brushless is easier on the motor side but much more difficult on the esc side.

I think I typed the word Sensor too many times to make sense
Old 04-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

sensorless would allow easier cross-motor use

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.