Wiki Posts
Search

Team Tekin New Speedos

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TexRacer
Orbital-Please edit your post.Who ever told you this is throwing out a very bad rumor that has NO truth to it.Be respectful and edit your post based on a RUMOR.
Tekin is backed by a very big company and will not be shutting down.
You guys crack me up.
You let another company release something that has alot of issue's.
They give you this supposed warranty and when it blows they charge you $70.00+ to fix it.
I have witnessed at least 100 units go bad by locals and people I talk to over the net.Asking me what to do and so on being I help so many people.
All tekin is trying to do is work out EVERY bug they can before they release it instead of YOU the consumer being the Ginue Pig.
I respect that in every way and will wait.I refuse to carry any of the other units till then.
They have some cool features to make it better for YOU the consumer.
They are smaller in size(Alot).I like the idea of the board not sticking off the motor and lots more.
They dont need the fan except in EXTREME conditions.
Im more than willing to wait for a product to get FINSIHED than to get a unit that's 70% because I am impatient.

Les
Sorry Les but this is not a rumor. That is what my LHS was told. I think you are interpeting it wrong. I believe Tekin was saying it to demonstrate they were confident they could meet a 6/1 date.

With that said, like Dodgeguy said you gotta keep products moving or any business will go out of business. Tekin has a lot on the verge but not much actually moving right now.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Team Tekin

Development of any product is a loser finanicially. That's why it's called R&D... Reems of paper, and lots of Dollars!

The G11 to the best of my knowledge is long gone out of stock for the most part. I'm sure they'll keep a few for warranty,etc. Great speedo though, only thing that was ever "wrong" was the size, funny how the new Fx has that covered.

It's too bad that this industry is so unforgiving. Compared to full size racing, this is viewed with more of a love/hate thing. Too bad. I ran LRP exclusively for the longest time until I tried the G10 Pro and immediately noticed more power. Spoke with someone in the know and found out why. Made the change and won't go back.

Every manufacturer has their own "issues." Novak's was poor development and a lot of customer complaints that were written off as "pioneering of new technology." Even though other areas of R/C were using it for awhile. Now LRP, Nosram, Orion, Castle and every other electronics manufacturer out there is throwing in their name into the hat.

Novak's overheat, must have a fan, etc. LRP won't run any other motor except for a sensored, Novak also. Castle's runs pretty good but is bulky. GM still isn't out to the public in any quantity.

Trinity, Orion, Peak, Hacker, Castle, GM, and Tekin all are leaning away from sensored motors. Maybe there's something better or dare I say, just different.

I've used this analogy posts and posts before. LRP and REEDY were advertising the crap out of the Neo and Sphere well over a year before the general public could even touch one. Hell it won a National event and really should have been thrown out for not meeting minimum sales requirements! Alas very very few take the opportunity to roast on them.

I think we all need to take a deep breath, exhale and repeat...
Old 04-16-2007, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The way I see it, for Brushless to overtake brushed, motor compatibility has got to be 100%, and I think sensorless is the best way to go on that front.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:11 AM
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by Randy Pike
Lets not start posting rumors. Let's post some facts. The new R1 system has features that no other manufacturer is doing. ... Does Novak have an onboard temp sensor? Lrp? Nosram? Castle?
FYI

Both Novak and LRP do have internal temperature sensing systems built into them.

We at Novak just never outputted the temperature via LED or anything... You'd be amazed at how many people never look at their ESC but if it's another feature that's gonna get a bullet point and help sell product it should be pretty easy to add

I know that in LRP's latest revision of their ESC they output the internal temperature of the ESC after a run using an LED sequence.

I can't speak for the castle unit but I *believe* that it has internal temperature sensing via the microprocessor as that there are reports of it shutting down from over-temperature situations from time to time.

...so to say that "no other manufacture has an onboard temperature sensor" is not factual.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Addict

@Steve: thanks...

@Tekin Crew: looking forward to welcome you guys at the big races with brushless as well, some further competition is always good.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Team Tekin

I apologize for not making my statement more clear. I was refering to being able to "see" the rating. I know that they all have the temp sensor inside, that's how they conclude thermalling. That was the biggest issue when brushless first came out. Gearing was an unknown for so many people. The variables are huge, this car, this motor,etc.

I think it should be more then a bullet point, I would imagine it to be used for information, useful info at that. It may help in determining profile change to be run,etc.

What's the big change between spread spectrum and that standard Gtb's Steve? I'm sure it just the switch rate but how is that such a huge change? It should keep things cooler in general but can you actually feel the difference between the two?
Old 04-16-2007, 02:17 PM
The Evicerator

Not to hi-jack the thread but to simply answer the question that was asked:

The spread spectrum GTB has a number of updates other than the faster switching speed.

It also features revised profile values... such as lower minimum drive values for added throttle smoothness...and smaller drag brake/minimum brake value incriments for finer adjustments of the drag brake feel.

In addition to these changes it also now comes with the Lipo Cut Off circuitry built into the ESC so that you can run your 2 cell lipo packs without worry of damaging them.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Looks like we are all trying to acheive the same goal, but taking different paths, and what will work for one, might not work for another. Novak has been in the unfortunate position of pioneers, so has had some public issue's. But they are getting there..

But hey, this is a Tekin thread, so lets turn the orange black, and get on track.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
But hey, this is a Tekin thread, so lets turn the orange black, and get on track.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

With the new sintered rotor motors I havent seen a big temperature change on the ESC or Motors based on gearing.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Team Tekin

Right, I accidentally got rid of that gearing stuff, but..........either way I can tell if I'm over-working the ESC very easily. Or if I can gear up and push it a little harder.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is there a thread about the difference between sensorless and sensored. What brands ESC use what, and what brand ESC will work on what brand motors and how well?
Old 04-18-2007, 06:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
lmao, true and to the point!

Shall I mention the question everyone asking about the new ESC's?....

"Are we there yet"? hehe
Old 04-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by tc3team
"Are we there yet"? hehe
Don't make me pull this car over!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

go on, cause we all need a pee, go on Ty!!!!

I got images of a Discovery program like American Chopper... American Tekin... heehee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.