Wiki Posts
Search

Team Tekin New Speedos

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mo
It's getting close and will be worth the wait. I ran the R1 Pro last weekend with both the Tekin 3.5turn BL motor and a Checkpoint 7x1 and it ran great with both. The BL motor was just as fast as the 7x1 and had more torque but still had a very smooth and linear throttle feel. It felt more more like a brushed motor setup than any of the Novak systems I've driven. I'm still experimenting with settings but right now I have it geared exactly the same as my brushed 7x1 with the drag brake turned up to 3 and it feels great. I'll be running it again tomorrow, doing more testing.
Here is a pic of the install in my Schumacher Mi2EC.
wow must be nice
Old 04-11-2007, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

NOW THAT LOOKS GOOD! I'll take 2...one for the 12th and one for the TC. Anyone want a couple of LRP's? LOL
Old 04-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

HOw does the R1 pro compare to the LRP when it comes to profiles and tuning. I like the fact I can easily select a predetermined profile. This is what I am talking about.

2. Power Profiles

ADPCTM (Advanced Digital Phase Control) Power Profiles for Brushless Motors. The LRP engineers developed 6 all-new ADPC™ power profiles to adjust the SPHERE COMPETITION to all track conditions perfectly. The Advanced Digital Phase Control is an all new brushless technology which results in more power and better driveability. Depending on the status of the car (start, acceleration out of a corner, and full speed on the straight) the ADPC software calculates the perfect motor management.

#1: Extremely smooth for low-traction
#2: Very linear
#3: Linear, increased punch
#4: Aggressive map TC
#5: Very aggressive map TC
#6: Super aggressive map TC

DEMS (Digital Engine Mapping System) Power Profiles for brushed motors. Quantum-style power programs.

#1: Extremely smooth for low-traction
#2: Very linear, maximum runtime
#3: Linear, increased punch
#4: Aggressive map, TC
#5: Very aggressive map TC (6- to 12-turn motors)
#6: Stock motor map, maximum power (17- to 27-turn motors only)

Cause I race stock so #6 works well, but when I race mod I like to go through and mess with different profiles. But I am not a wiz at properly choosing what is going to work best for me. So how does Tekin help me when it comes to ease of use. I would like to get a Sphere, but LRP's customer service is horrible, and I do not like the fact the Sphere has a Brushless limit on their Brushless/Brushed Speedo. But I do like the fact that the LRP is very easy to use and program. Rather than having me tryinhg to figure out and make a custom profile.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:04 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

There are 5 different predefined throttle profiles and 2 custom profiles for when the Tekin Hotwire software comes out. For stock racing, the R1 Pro has a feature I don't think any other speedo has. It is called something like Anti-push brake. It basically simulates putting "creep" into the throttle so the car will coast better since there is a lot of "motor brake" with bushing motors. Normally you would move your throttle trim forward to do this but then you have to hold the brakes on while on the starting grid to keep the car still. With this setup you no longer have to do that. Basically, when you let off the throttle, it will keep the minimum amount of throttle applied for a specific amount of time depending on the level of "push" you have programmed in and how long you had the throttle applied for until it times out or you apply the brakes. It's a really neat feature I would definatly use if I ran stock or 19 turn.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

bump pic too pics
Old 04-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Page 13 come on doooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Old 04-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Team Tekin

Nice MO! The Anti Drag is a feature that was insisted upon by "some" of us. Stock racing sucks but for those of us who "have" to run it since the other locals won't run anything faster is great.

Must be nice to have the new R1 already though...still waiting for mine to come with the "offroad" motors....bugger.

Jeff, I'm feeling your pain.

For everyone else, the new FX speedo is gonna set you back. I was told that after a test something REALLY Cool came out of it. Wish I could say but would rather show...Maybe we can spill the beans after this weekend.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ill have some for the weekend ill keep u guys posted on how testing goes
Old 04-12-2007, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
ill have some for the weekend ill keep u guys posted on how testing goes

yeah let me know how it runs
Mo
Old 04-13-2007, 01:52 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mo
There are 5 different predefined throttle profiles and 2 custom profiles for when the Tekin Hotwire software comes out. For stock racing, the R1 Pro has a feature I don't think any other speedo has. It is called something like Anti-push brake. It basically simulates putting "creep" into the throttle so the car will coast better since there is a lot of "motor brake" with bushing motors. Normally you would move your throttle trim forward to do this but then you have to hold the brakes on while on the starting grid to keep the car still. With this setup you no longer have to do that. Basically, when you let off the throttle, it will keep the minimum amount of throttle applied for a specific amount of time depending on the level of "push" you have programmed in and how long you had the throttle applied for until it times out or you apply the brakes. It's a really neat feature I would definatly use if I ran stock or 19 turn.
That features isn´t really new. CS Electronic invented this years ago also Robitronic is using this since years. Currently at least MRT and GM Racing Genius have this also. Different names but same function.

Someone from the Tekin factory drivers will come to the LRP TC Masters race in Germany in 2 weeks? Would like seeing a R1 system.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

My LHS contacted Tekin and the word they got from them was that these Speedos were a really important release for them and they knew they needed to get them out soon. They said if they werent out by 6/1 then there would be no more Tekin.

Just what I heard for what its worth.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Orbital-Please edit your post.Who ever told you this is throwing out a very bad rumor that has NO truth to it.Be respectful and edit your post based on a RUMOR.
Tekin is backed by a very big company and will not be shutting down.
You guys crack me up.
You let another company release something that has alot of issue's.
They give you this supposed warranty and when it blows they charge you $70.00+ to fix it.
I have witnessed at least 100 units go bad by locals and people I talk to over the net.Asking me what to do and so on being I help so many people.
All tekin is trying to do is work out EVERY bug they can before they release it instead of YOU the consumer being the Ginue Pig.
I respect that in every way and will wait.I refuse to carry any of the other units till then.
They have some cool features to make it better for YOU the consumer.
They are smaller in size(Alot).I like the idea of the board not sticking off the motor and lots more.
They dont need the fan except in EXTREME conditions.
Im more than willing to wait for a product to get FINSIHED than to get a unit that's 70% because I am impatient.

Les
Old 04-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Team Tekin

Lets not start posting rumors. Let's post some facts. The new R1 system has features that no other manufacturer is doing. The temperature feature is turning out to be on of the most used. It can be used for gearing knowledge, using the right motor in the right situation,etc. Does Novak have an onboard temp sensor? Lrp? Nosram? Castle? The Tekin is only going to "need" a fan in the hottest highest load racing...TC outdoors on what looks like 120+ track temps! Look at the size of the unit! I mean come on!

Tekin isn't going anywhere, with some many key products on the verge of release I'm more then confident they're here to stay. It takes time to build,test, and release revolutionary products! Take your time guys, get it right.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Randy Pike
Lets not start posting rumors. Let's post some facts. The new R1 system has features that no other manufacturer is doing. The temperature feature is turning out to be on of the most used. It can be used for gearing knowledge, using the right motor in the right situation,etc. Does Novak have an onboard temp sensor? Lrp? Nosram? Castle? The Tekin is only going to "need" a fan in the hottest highest load racing...TC outdoors on what looks like 120+ track temps! Look at the size of the unit! I mean come on!

Tekin isn't going anywhere, with some many key products on the verge of release I'm more then confident they're here to stay. It takes time to build,test, and release revolutionary products! Take your time guys, get it right.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Les how do you know it is not a rumor? The fact that Tekin is going to no where can also be a rumor.

I would not like to see Tekin shut down again. But the reality is how are Tekin sales to begin with? Are they selling out of the G11? They do not have a charger that is worth buying right now. They have 18th stuff. But does that sell more than a 10 scale system will?

For them to come back and bring a new set of brushed and brushless units. They have to be in a near hole of debt, due to development. They do not make any cash in this stage. It is not until the units are out do they make cash back.

I do not think we are going to hear the real finacial stores from Tekin about the issue. But is it a issue?

This sit is full of rumors that never happen and full of ones that do.

I plan on getting a new Tekin brushless ESC when I see them at the LHS. Out of the 20 years of running. Tekin has always had the better reliable product.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.