• 1 Post By gigaplex
  • 2 Post By biz77

Sanwa MT-R MT-S is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2024, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default Sanwa MT-R MT-S is this normal?

Always in past I had Futaba stuff! For each Rx was bound to model on Tx. If car lost signal between models car would be dead until TxRx was on.

This Sanwa isn't like that. On this MTR Tx, once a receiver is bound it will control any model no matter which model your using on Tx. If you have two Rx on in ea car at same time it will control both. Was told this is normal but surely not? It's like once Rx is binded. It's to full transmitter. Not just a model! Is this normal?

for example
I have ebuggy programmed to model 1. Truggy on model 3 and VRC Pro on model 4. VRC dongle kicks on even if I'm using model 1 or 20 even though it's set to model 4. It will work on any model It's like once receiver is binded to Tx it will work on any model which sucks. Especially when changing models when racing. Certainly think this isn't normal is it? I was told upper Sanwa models have safety links built into them but this MTR does not

HELP PLEASE

Last edited by jspeedracer88; 01-31-2024 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-31-2024, 03:24 PM
Tech Lord

With Futaba using S-FHSS receivers it is the same, any model linked to an S-FHSS receiver can be used on any S-FHSS receiver. Only with the T-FHSS mode there is a 2 way communication (because of the telemetry) and so also the receiver ID is stored in the transmitter model memory making it impossible using a different receiver on that model.

I think with Sanwa it is about the same, it depends the used transmission mode.
Old 01-31-2024, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jspeedracer88
Always in past I had Futaba stuff! For each Rx was bound to model on Tx. If car lost signal between models car would be dead until TxRx was on.

This Sanwa isn't like that. On this MTR Tx, once a receiver is bound it will control any model no matter which model your using on Tx. If you have two Rx on in ea car at same time it will control both. Was told this is normal but surely not? It's like once Rx is binded. It's to full transmitter. Not just a model! Is this normal?

for example
I have ebuggy programmed to model 1. Truggy on model 3 and VRC Pro on model 4. VRC dongle kicks on even if I'm using model 1 or 20 even though it's set to model 4. It will work on any model It's like once receiver is binded to Tx it will work on any model which sucks. Especially when changing models when racing. Certainly think this isn't normal is it? I was told upper Sanwa models have safety links built into them but this MTR does not

HELP PLEASE
Bind menu, safety link setting. Make the safety link setting unique per model and rebind.
0010 likes this.
Old 01-31-2024, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Bind menu, safety link setting. Make the safety link setting unique per model and rebind.
Yeah, I was going to tell him the same thing, but I just scrolled the owner's manual and this model appears to be missing that feature.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 01-31-2024, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gigaplex

only only m12/17. Not on this one or others
Old 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

On my Futaba 4pm. I could have Tx on. Finish race on model 1 with still on. Turn on model 2 and model 2 would be dead until I switched to corresponding model on Tx then all was good and car one was dead until turned off. Almost as Rx was bound to the model on transmitter ONLY! It was so nice. Even Spektrum is like this but Sanwa isn't this way and it's frustrating lol. Just didn't know if it's normal this way
Old 02-01-2024, 12:00 AM
Tech Champion

I've seen it on the MT-44. That's a bit of a serious limitation if these lower end models don't support it.
jspeedracer88 likes this.
Old 02-01-2024, 12:38 AM
Tech Champion

On my Futaba 4pm. I could have Tx on. Finish race on model 1 with still on. Turn on model 2 and model 2 would be dead until I switched to corresponding model on Tx then all was good and car one was dead until turned off. Almost as Rx was bound to the model on transmitter ONLY! It was so nice. Even Spektrum is like this but Sanwa isn't this way and it's frustrating lol. Just didn't know if it's normal this way
I think Futaba only works that way with T-FHSS receivers.
jspeedracer88 likes this.
Old 02-01-2024, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

MT-44 and MT-5 both have it. This is a big miss on the MT-R.
jspeedracer88 and gigaplex like this.
Old 02-01-2024, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

Default Miss

Yes it is. Probably gonna sell my 2 week old MTR because of not having it