Search
Like Tree231Likes

Radiomaster MT12

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zoomies
Just a general understanding is a good start for me! I think it's a 'poka yoke' system - it's impossible to forget to change the model over on the radio, i.e. if I turn the Tx on, and then turn on the buggy, it'll switch to the buggy profile. If I turn the buggy off, and power up the truck, the Tx will see the different receiver and switch the profile to truck - is that right?
Model Match is very simple. If you have both ends enabled and the configured number matches, the RX will output what the transmitter is doing. If only one end is enabled or the numbers don't match, the TX/RX will bind, but no signals are output. If you go into the ELRS script, you will see "Model Mismatch" in the header status.

I use the model slot Number as the Model Match number. I also stole the code for the model match error and put it into a telemetry script, so the error will flash on my screen when I forget to change the model.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

is this pretty much a radio for bashing or is anyone actually using to race competitive?
Old 03-27-2024, 12:10 PM
Tech Initiate

I swapped my Futaba for the MT12 in my last two races and I'll be using the MT12 again this Saturday....
Marcos.J and NutDriver like this.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by requiem33
I swapped my Futaba for the MT12 in my last two races and I'll be using the MT12 again this Saturday....
the radio resembles a futaba
Old 03-27-2024, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
the radio resembles a futaba
I had one in my hands last weekend and i agree. It felt just like my T4PM. Very balanced radio.
Can't beat the price point for what you get.
I'd be curious to hear some reviews from guys that have raced with them.
Marcos.J and angrymelon like this.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:59 PM
Tech Lord

Basically the 130 euro cheap Futaba 3PV is already good for racing. With the T-FHSS receiver you will have a 333Hz framerate and all the basic settings you need to setup a car.
Old 03-27-2024, 01:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ollie 45
I had one in my hands last weekend and i agree. It felt just like my T4PM. Very balanced radio.
Can't beat the price point for what you get.
I'd be curious to hear some reviews from guys that have raced with them.
Raced with what? The 4PM or the MT12? I've raced with both of them. Both are great transmitters and feel good in the hand. All the settings you need are there. The 4PM is easier to pickup and figure out without needing the manual or watching tutorial videos on YouTube but once you play with the MT12 a while and watch some videos explaining the deep capabilities that EdgeTX offers it makes sense and then configuring it is pretty easy.
Old 03-27-2024, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
Basically the 130 euro cheap Futaba 3PV is already good for racing. With the T-FHSS receiver you will have a 333Hz framerate and all the basic settings you need to setup a car.
The ergonomics of the throttle on the 3PV are pretty poor, but otherwise it's a decent performing radio.
Old 03-27-2024, 05:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

is this pretty much a radio for bashing or is anyone actually using to race competitive?
I'm competitive with it. Don't have a good barometer vs other radios, just returned to racing after a long break. I've spent a couple of months with it now and have drifted from thinking about it from a technical 'what can you do with it' perspective to more of an 'ecosystem' benefit, because as someone else posted, the standard menus feel like a maze to do simple stuff like switch channels, centre steering servo etc. It's becoming more familiar now. Probably only put in about 8h total learning. Busy family etc.

My mind's flirted with 'should I dump it' and get something that I know is doing what I'm telling it to do, but I know I haven't given EdgeTX enough time - I'm the limit, not the radio. I don't want to pay 4x as much for what I read is fewer features and higher rates of obsolescence. Personally I like the feel of it, but I'd drop it in a flash if they released a large colour touchscreen version, which, looking at the air radios, isn't improbable.
Old 03-27-2024, 06:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Zoomies
Personally I like the feel of it, but I'd drop it in a flash if they released a large colour touchscreen version, which, looking at the air radios, isn't improbable.
One of the Radiomaster hardware devs was posted on their FB page asking for input about the hardware and things to change and upgrade for the next version.... pretty sure the next version will have a color touchscreen.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 03-27-2024, 06:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by requiem33
One of the Radiomaster hardware devs was posted on their FB page asking for input about the hardware and things to change and upgrade for the next version.... pretty sure the next version will have a color touchscreen.
If all the contracted text on the current MT12 menus became proper full length words, it'd likely make a lot more sense and the learning curve would be shorter. I'll have to find that post, wish I'd seen it, would be cool to make suggestions. CNC stuff and colour all over the place please!
NutDriver and requiem33 like this.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:09 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by gigaplex
The ergonomics of the throttle on the 3PV are pretty poor, but otherwise it's a decent performing radio.
Ergonomics is just a personal thing with which I do not think you should rate a transmitter.
Old 03-28-2024, 02:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
Ergonomics is just a personal thing with which I do not think you should rate a transmitter.
Well it's not really ergonomics per se but the throttle trigger creaks and is really spongy when using brakes.
Old 03-28-2024, 07:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i got one on the way to try -- ELRS protocol. hope to test it this summer outdoors in 1/10th TC and 1/8th offroad.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

A racer at the INS14 had one this weekend and after having the chance to hold the radio - it doesnt feel cheap what so ever - only thing missing is a drop down wheel for my preference. The driver was also very skilled, racing high up in a super competitive field... so very race worthy. I will be ordering one - as a current M17 user, I'm curious to see how this compares. The sub $20 receivers is very attractive to me. We'll see...
Marcos.J likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.